Terrible communication re water boiling.

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2019, 06:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Terrible communication re water boiling.

Our water was off in North La Belle for a few hours on Sunday PM. I was out of town most of the day on Monday in Ocala at a Dr. appt. Wife ( past cancer patient) who has had chemo found out on Tues morning re boiling water. I do not get news paper, don't listen to Village radio. I am very concerned over the lack of communication. They have no problem checking your meter to make sure they get paid but did not communicate well about this problem. Plan to call and talk with a supervisor today. What about water fountains at post offices and pools? Were they turned off. Wife talked with office they said there were over 500 homes involved. They only do door hangers when there are 50. Huge risk and terrible communication.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:30 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Old 07-24-2019, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Been here seven years and own two houses. Never needed to sign up. So, if you don't "sign up" you're unknowingly exposed to unsafe drinking water and water dept has no responsibility to make sure you are informed!
Old 07-24-2019, 06:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

If you don't help yourself, no one can help you.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Our water was off in North La Belle for a few hours on Sunday PM. I was out of town most of the day on Monday in Ocala at a Dr. appt. Wife ( past cancer patient) who has had chemo found out on Tues morning re boiling water. I do not get news paper, don't listen to Village radio. I am very concerned over the lack of communication. They have no problem checking your meter to make sure they get paid but did not communicate well about this problem. Plan to call and talk with a supervisor today. What about water fountains at post offices and pools? Were they turned off. Wife talked with office they said there were over 500 homes involved. They only do door hangers when there are 50. Huge risk and terrible communication.
What's wrong with this picture? You start a new thread that begins with "Terrible communication". You then state you "do not get news paper, don't listen to Village radio." And then state that you are very concerned over the lack of communication. Does this make sense...... I don't get it.

I also don't know why you will not take advantage of the notification system that the District has in place. IMHO it sounds like you would rather complain than protect your wife and yourself.

In less time than posting twice here you could have signed up and it cost nothing.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Been here seven years and own two houses. Never needed to sign up. So, if you don't "sign up" you're unknowingly exposed to unsafe drinking water and water dept has no responsibility to make sure you are informed!
I guess I'd like you to suggest what the water company should have done to warn you. They issued a public notice which was picked up by the local newspaper. Apparently it was mentioned on the local radio station but not featured. But you don't read the paper or listen to that station. Would you expect them to post a notice on your front door and every other front door? Should they be responsible if you don't enter via the front door to also slip a notice under the door or under your garage door? Both this website and the news website had the information promptly. Maybe a trunk with a loud speaker or a sky-writing airplane.

I totally agree that you needed to be informed, just like you should know if a hurricane is coming or we are having a flu outbreak, or there have been a rash of home break-ins in your neighborhood. Paying attention to the news via free local sources helps with that. As does this website and others. And you can sign up for phone, text, or email notifications for all of the emergency events that might happen.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
What's wrong with this picture? You start a new thread that begins with "Terrible communication". You then state you "do not get news paper, don't listen to Village radio." And then state that you are very concerned over the lack of communication. Does this make sense...... I don't get it.

I also don't know why you will not take advantage of the notification system that the District has in place. IMHO it sounds like you would rather complain than protect your wife and yourself.

In less time than posting twice here you could have signed up and it cost nothing.
Spot on!!!
Old 07-24-2019, 09:36 AM

There were big signs placed everywhere.
Couldn’t miss them.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

I have to agree with signing up. I knew about the water problem and I am several thousand miles away at the moment.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:49 AM

In my opinion, the communications were very effective and quick!
Old 07-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Hope you don't still feel that way after reading all these replies.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I agree with you all ~ saw the large signs in several places around my Village.
I would like to sign up for notices.
Can I find it on Villages.net or somewhere else?
Thanks,
Old 07-24-2019, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangiaMangia View Post
I agree with you all ~ saw the large signs in several places around my Village.
I would like to sign up for notices.
Can I find it on Villages.net or somewhere else?
Thanks,
VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up
Old 07-24-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I have to agree with signing up. I knew about the water problem and I am several thousand miles away at the moment.
I agree with everything each of you all have said. Now I have a question. I'm a seasonal resident who takes the paper and listens to the radio when I'm in TV, and I didn't know you can "sign up" for advisory messages like this. Can you tell me if you "sign up" on a web site (if so what web site), or do I need to do in person (and if so to whom)? I think that makes great sense to do so.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
You get notification if you sign up in the above www. I like to look in on TOTV for current concerns (and a bit of fun) too.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, problem, terrible, wife, boiling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.