Terry Fator tickets being scalped

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Default Terry Fator tickets being scalped

The Villages or scalpers (known to The Villages) have tickets on Ticketmaster and Stubhub with huge markups.

I am sure you see that tickets to any real good (national act) appearing at The Sharon will not be fairly available to residents. Many are reserved for outside folks paying scalper prices. These tickets were bought before residents could buy them or they were reserved and set aside. In either case...……..not good.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
The Villages or scalpers (known to The Villages) have tickets on Ticketmaster and Stubhub with huge markups.

I am sure you see that tickets to any real good (national act) appearing at The Sharon will not be fairly available to residents. Many are reserved for outside folks paying scalper prices. These tickets were bought before residents could buy them or they were reserved and set aside. In either case...……..not good.
Happens all the time everywhere in the world however I have purchased tickets for MANY major shows at Sharon in the last 2 years and if I log in online the minute tickets go on sale I always manage to get first 1-10 rows center front orchestra. I am sure some get set aside for VIP's but that's how it goes.

I had 1st row for Howie Mandel
I had 4th row for Jersey Boys
I had 10th row center (by choice, could have been up front) for Rain
I had 5th row center for Chicago

And on and on all online the first minute tix went on sale. Standing on line at Box Office here is bad move if you do that. Best way is online as soon as tix go on sale. Be fast or be last! This is a major regional venue so they go fast.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Ticket scalping is legal in Florida. Although, I had to look up Terry Fator to find out who he is. They would probably have to pay me to go to his show.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Ticket scalping is legal in Florida. Although, I had to look up Terry Fator to find out who he is. They would probably have to pay me to go to his show.
You'd be missing a good show. One of the best since Danny Gans died.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:18 AM

Scalpers - according to a Villages employee at the ticket box the "scalpers" are legal and playing by the Florida rules. The scalpers web site offers tickets with a warning on the page indicating the price you pay may or maynot be different that the original ticket price. Additionally, the scalpers let you select a "region" for your seat, not the actual seats (this is also noted on the page. The scalpers DO NOT have any tickets. Once you purchase, the scalper then makes a "legal" purchase from the Villages for your tickets. The Villages entertainment team tries to block this process, but the scalpers seem to be one step ahead of their effort. So as a Villager don't buy from the scalper expecting a deal - just go online to the Villages entertainment site or in person. As always "buyer beware".

2nd at a minimum of $125++ for Fator tickets - I found watching his show on YouTube a great alternative and FREE!
Old 09-12-2019, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I purchased 6 tickets Row C center on line yesterday morning. I logged on at 8:30 and got them.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
You'd be missing a good show. One of the best since Danny Gans died.
Isn't Fator a ventriloquist? Danny Gans was an impersonator.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Never having taken in a show at the Sharon, I went to the box office in Brownwood about 20 minutes before it opened. There were 40 people in front of me. After several failed attempts on my phone, I managed to get online at about 10 minutes after the box office opened and found that the majority of seats in the orchestra section for the 5:00 show were already sold (probably to the above-mentioned scalpers). I managed to get tickets and left the line. I'll never bother with the box office again. If you're not at the front of the line (and the folks who were allegedly had been so since 6:00 AM), you're at a strong disadvantage compared to those online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Isn't Fator a ventriloquist? Danny Gans was an impersonator.
Fator is a ventriloquist but his dummies are made up to look like singers and he impersonates those singers. From the clips I've seen of him, he's very good at it. My wife watched him win one of those talent shows where he got a million dollar, one-year Vegas contract. At the end of the year, they extended him for 10 years for $100,000,000. Folks seem to think he's worth big bucks.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Disgraced

I am pretty sure the name sake (Sharon) would not be pleased to know the theater named after her is part of an alleged scalping
Legal or not it has a lousy reputation to be part of a "scalper" operation. I am surprised someone has not spoken up and insisted the alleged scalpering cease and desist in order to ensure the name of the namesake is respected and representative of the person in which it is honoring.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Never having taken in a show at the Sharon, I went to the box office in Brownwood about 20 minutes before it opened. There were 40 people in front of me. After several failed attempts on my phone, I managed to get online at about 10 minutes after the box office opened and found that the majority of seats in the orchestra section for the 5:00 show were already sold (probably to the above-mentioned scalpers). I managed to get tickets and left the line. I'll never bother with the box office again. If you're not at the front of the line (and the folks who were allegedly had been so since 6:00 AM), you're at a strong disadvantage compared to those online.

Fator is a ventriloquist but his dummies are made up to look like singers and he impersonates those singers. From the clips I've seen of him, he's very good at it. My wife watched him win one of those talent shows where he got a million dollar, one-year Vegas contract. At the end of the year, they extended him for 10 years for $100,000,000. Folks seem to think he's worth big bucks.
Sounds like Fator is filling the void in Vegas that Danny Gans once held.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

My opinion of the Sharon is it's overpriced. I was going to see Kansas in February and the decent seats are $125, that's $250 for two people and the lead singer Steve Walsh retired four years ago. I saw Kansas in 1995 with the original lead singer so that will be my memory.

The last two shows I went were in May at Savannah Center. I saw Starship featuring Mickey Thomas and I was on the website at 10am when tickets went on sale and I got two seats front row center, couldn't of been better. The following week I saw the Village People with the original singer and I was about ten minutes late on the computer and I got third row on the aisle. Both shows tickets were $35 a seat. The same night as The Village People was Eddie Money at the Sharon and his tickets were $104, there is no way I'm paying $208 to see Eddie Money, even though he had four hits. Check out all the acts on youtube before going, Eddie Money has seen better days.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
My opinion of the Sharon is it's overpriced. I was going to see Kansas in February and the decent seats are $125, that's $250 for two people and the lead singer Steve Walsh retired four years ago. I saw Kansas in 1995 with the original lead singer so that will be my memory.

The last two shows I went were in May at Savannah Center. I saw Starship featuring Mickey Thomas and I was on the website at 10am when tickets went on sale and I got two seats front row center, couldn't of been better. The following week I saw the Village People with the original singer and I was about ten minutes late on the computer and I got third row on the aisle. Both shows tickets were $35 a seat. The same night as The Village People was Eddie Money at the Sharon and his tickets were $104, there is no way I'm paying $208 to see Eddie Money, even though he had four hits. Check out all the acts on youtube before going, Eddie Money has seen better days.
The Sharon is overpriced. It’s too small a venue for The Villages IMHO which makes its pricy.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Saw Fator twice in Vegas....expensive and hard to get when we were there but worth every penny. Friends were there last year and said the same thing so I guess he is still packing them in.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Amazon Prime Video has a 95 minute Terry Fator "Live in Concert" video for rent for $3.99. No scalping.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Youtube.com, it's website of billions of videos that are free. Terry Gans and Terry Fator have hundreds, maybe thousands of videos at your disposal. I have over 9,000 live videos collected myself into 42 music files on their website and I watch on my 75" TV with ultimate surround sound, best concert anywhere, and like I said, the videos are there for free!! All you have to do is search and to save, make an account and then pair with your TV and your off, or watch on your computer.

Here's a sample

Terry Fator and Elvis impersonator - YouTube

In the memory of Danny Gans - YouTube
Closed Thread

Tags
tickets, reserved, good, residents, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.