Terry Fator tickets being scalped

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Youtube.com, it's website of billions of videos that are free. Terry Gans and Terry Fator have hundreds, maybe thousands of videos at your disposal. I have over 9,000 live videos collected myself into 42 music files on their website and I watch on my 75" TV with ultimate surround sound, best concert anywhere, and like I said, the videos are there for free!! All you have to do is search and to save, make an account and then pair with your TV and your off, or watch on your computer.

Here's a sample

Terry Fator and Elvis impersonator - YouTube

In the memory of Danny Gans - YouTube
well that would apply to almost everything.....the difference is that there is an audience for live entertainment.....different vibe and emotional connection then watching on a screen. It works for you, fortunately for the entertainers, it doesn't work for everyone.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-12-2019, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Huge difference seeing a live show.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The Sharon is overpriced. It’s too small a venue for The Villages IMHO which makes its pricy.
Why is it "too small for The Villages?" It seats 1000 which 2-3 times larger than many Broadway or other local venues up north not in NYC theaters that charge 2-3x as much. They should be bigger too but it won't make seats cheaper, it will just make more money for the show and create more scalpers. Have seen a couple shows at the Walt Disney Theater in Orlando and that seats 2800. They have many of the same acts as here (plus more of course) and try getting DECENT seats for that for a major act. Even ones they have here too.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:29 AM

We first saw Terry Fator in Vegas about 2010 and thought he was hilarious. I was skeptical (not a fan of ventriloquism), but he gave a funny and "clean" show (no vulgarity) and was quite good. Truly, one of the best Vegas shows we've seen. We purchased tickets through The Sharon website and paid a rather large "service" fee, but felt it was worth it for the great Center Orchestra seats we purchased. Don't worry...you won't find these tickets on a secondary market! We're using them!
Old 09-13-2019, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Huge difference seeing a live show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar
well that would apply to almost everything.....the difference is that there is an audience for live entertainment.....different vibe and emotional connection then watching on a screen. It works for you, fortunately for the entertainers, it doesn't work for everyone.
I've been to over 200 concerts in my life, the first was Vanilla Fudge in 1968. I wasn't implying watch a video instead of a live show if possible. I was posting in to reference retiredguy's post about a single concert video on Amazon Prime, like it was some monumental find. When there are thousands of videos at your disposal for free without paying, joining or doing anything on youtube. I mentioned in my earlier post about going to two concerts this year in May. I didn't think anyone would think I was posting that a video was better than a live show.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I am pretty sure the name sake (Sharon) would not be pleased to know the theater named after her is part of an alleged scalping
Legal or not it has a lousy reputation to be part of a "scalper" operation. I am surprised someone has not spoken up and insisted the alleged scalpering cease and desist in order to ensure the name of the namesake is respected and representative of the person in which it is honoring.
The Villages is just being maligned. AGAIN. Don't believe everything you hear.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Youtube.com, it's website of billions of videos that are free. Terry Gans and Terry Fator have hundreds, maybe thousands of videos at your disposal. I have over 9,000 live videos collected myself into 42 music files on their website and I watch on my 75" TV with ultimate surround sound, best concert anywhere, and like I said, the videos are there for free!! All you have to do is search and to save, make an account and then pair with your TV and your off, or watch on your computer.

Here's a sample

Terry Fator and Elvis impersonator - YouTube

In the memory of Danny Gans - YouTube
Best thing, when the show's over, you don't have to go home.......you're already there.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
I've been to over 200 concerts in my life, the first was Vanilla Fudge in 1968. I wasn't implying watch a video instead of a live show if possible. I was posting in to reference retiredguy's post about a single concert video on Amazon Prime, like it was some monumental find. When there are thousands of videos at your disposal for free without paying, joining or doing anything on youtube. I mentioned in my earlier post about going to two concerts this year in May. I didn't think anyone would think I was posting that a video was better than a live show.
My bad and apologies, I misunderstood. There are some on here that view price as the driving criteria for entertainment, heck for everything, here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-13-2019, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

We watched Terry Fator as we performed and won Season 2 of AGT Saw him in Las Vegas. Tickets not cheap there either for any good show. Were debating going to Vegas for AGT show at same time, but no good acts in the Finals. So did not buy in time. Tickets left are not good seats, otherwise we would go again. One of my favorite acts in Vegas.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Isn't Fator a ventriloquist? Danny Gans was an impersonator.
He does both. His Bee Gees impersonation is spot on.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
I've been to over 200 concerts in my life, the first was Vanilla Fudge in 1968.
OMG! I still have their album. Haven't heard that band name since, well, a while.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

The Sharon is a business, not an amenity. Residents do not have special rights to tickets.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Gold member

Best answer I've seen so far. Stop whining because you didn't get up in time to be online as soon as the tickets went on sale. That's your fault. I've never had a problem getting the tickets I want. I know what day they go on sale and I know what time they go on sale. Either go to a box office or online and purchase your tickets, it's that easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
The Sharon is a business, not an amenity. Residents do not have special rights to tickets.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 09-14-2019, 08:59 AM

Yes, the Sharon and The Villages are a business. That is all I am trying to say. The Villages and the Sharon focus just on money like so many posters love to point out. No issue with that.

I keep falling into the trap that The Villages provides things like entertainment to sell homes but it is really to sell homes, insurance, golf carts, banking, health care, etc., etc. And of course to scalp tickets to National Acts. Of course you can get tickets to acts that Social Clubs hire for $1800.

Just know that as a Villager, The Sharon is NOT your venue, it is a Florida venue for maximum profit. So we all agree.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
Just know that as a Villager, The Sharon is NOT your venue, it is a Florida venue for maximum profit. So we all agree.
Did anyone question that other than someone who couldn't get tickets to Terry Fator on their schedule? By the way, if you're interested I have 2 tickets for sale for $1212.73 each, 1 free drink included. JUST KIDDING! I've seen him enough on TV already, I have no tix! I'd rather see a "show" like Chicago, vs a single performer. I don't think any single performer is worth the price (except for Howie Mandel). Hopefully the touring company of Hamilton will someday before I die pass through here. Saw it in Orlando and would pay to see it 2 more times.

While The Sharon is not "my Venue" it definitely is a "Villages Venue" because it is located here. I don't think most anyone thinks otherwise. Wendy's isn't "my restaurant" either but it is a Villages restaurant but they do offer "senior coffee" for 99cents.
Closed Thread

Tags
tickets, reserved, good, residents, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.