Terry Fator tickets being scalped

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
Yes, the Sharon and The Villages are a business. That is all I am trying to say. The Villages and the Sharon focus just on money like so many posters love to point out. No issue with that.

I keep falling into the trap that The Villages provides things like entertainment to sell homes but it is really to sell homes, insurance, golf carts, banking, health care, etc., etc. And of course to scalp tickets to National Acts. Of course you can get tickets to acts that Social Clubs hire for $1800.

Just know that as a Villager, The Sharon is NOT your venue, it is a Florida venue for maximum profit. So we all agree.
The Villages is a community. It is the community in which I decided to live. Like all communities, there are many businesses that exist within. Stores, retaurants, theaters, etc. They exist to make a profit, and go away if they don't. If we were talking about Atlanta or Dallas, no one would question this.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I figured out why the Sharon is so much higher. I went to two shows at the Savannah Center in April, Starship and the Village People, they were both $35 a seat. Both acts performed two shows, one at 5pm and one at 7:30pm. The Savannah holds 840 seats.

The Sharon has 1100 seats and most of the acts perfomning there do just one show. You have two sellouts at Savannah, that's 1680 seats sold and at the Sharon just 1100 seats sold. Hence a higher price, plus I'm sure the rental fee is higher at the Sharon then the rec center Savannah.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Many of the perfomers do 2 shows t the Sharon. I have Fator tickets and there are 2 shows. The Sharon is a true Performing Arts Center. The Savannah reminds me of a combination high school gym and auditorium.
Closed Thread

Tags
tickets, reserved, good, residents, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.