Texas couple asked to leave restaurant for WEARING A MASK

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2021, 03:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

OMG YOU PEOPLE ARE ARGUING YOUR FINGERS OFF! I love it!
Old 09-22-2021, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
But their misconception was that a mask would prevent that, which it wouldn't. And I still think they picked the wrong restaurant, perhaps to make some sort of statement.
Now, now as you say, we don’t know about the making a statement.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Now, now as you say, we don’t know about the making a statement.
Hence, the "perhaps"
Old 09-23-2021, 10:51 AM
Default Viral load and Covid 19

Wearing a mask offers protection albeit less in a restaurant because you take it off to eat. The key is the viral load or how much Covid enters your nose and mouth. Covid enters through the nose and mouth and if you are vaccinated your body begins immediately fighting the virus. So most people who are vaccinated will fight off the Covid virus before it travels to the lungs. Same with the polio vaccine. It enters the body but if you are vaccinated the disease does not spread to your brain and spinal cord. Hence you don't suffer the effects of polio. The greater the viral load the more your body has to work to fight it off. Everyone should have a right to protect themselves and if they want to wear a mask they should be able to wear a mask. If you have a relative or a close friend who has a compromised immune system as in my case a sister in law who is receiving treatment for cancer then by all means order take out. Do not go to restaurants and other crowded public places where you take off your mask. You can get Covid in your nose and mouth that you can spread even if you are vaccinated. The viral load will be less than a non vaccinated person but when being near a loved one who is immune compromised you want to be as safe as possible. And shame on any place that does not allow people to protect themselves by wearing a mask. My gosh they say it is ok to bear arms but you can't wear a mask to keep from getting a deadly virus. What gives????
Old 09-23-2021, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifred View Post
Wearing a mask offers protection albeit less in a restaurant because you take it off to eat. The key is the viral load or how much Covid enters your nose and mouth. Covid enters through the nose and mouth and if you are vaccinated your body begins immediately fighting the virus. So most people who are vaccinated will fight off the Covid virus before it travels to the lungs. Same with the polio vaccine. It enters the body but if you are vaccinated the disease does not spread to your brain and spinal cord. Hence you don't suffer the effects of polio. The greater the viral load the more your body has to work to fight it off. Everyone should have a right to protect themselves and if they want to wear a mask they should be able to wear a mask. If you have a relative or a close friend who has a compromised immune system as in my case a sister in law who is receiving treatment for cancer then by all means order take out. Do not go to restaurants and other crowded public places where you take off your mask. You can get Covid in your nose and mouth that you can spread even if you are vaccinated. The viral load will be less than a non vaccinated person but when being near a loved one who is immune compromised you want to be as safe as possible. And shame on any place that does not allow people to protect themselves by wearing a mask. My gosh they say it is ok to bear arms but you can't wear a mask to keep from getting a deadly virus. What gives????
Probably because a mask will not prevent you from getting a deadly virus. That's 1+ year old news.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Probably because a mask will not prevent you from getting a deadly virus. That's 1+ year old news.
Bearing arms won't prevent you from getting a deadly virus either. And in fact, it won't prevent anyone from walking up behind you in a restaurant and shooting you through the skull. IN FACT - it'll make it a lot easier for that shooter to do, since he's allowed to bear arms.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:02 PM
Platinum member

Old 09-23-2021, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Uh, what has that to do with anything today? And especially about this post?

Wasn’t it CNN report?

Proven cheaters and liars which reflect’s on their ability to be unbiased when reporting there news opinions.

We can suspect other news sources, but when you caught there no doubt.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Bearing arms won't prevent you from getting a deadly virus either. And in fact, it won't prevent anyone from walking up behind you in a restaurant and shooting you through the skull. IN FACT - it'll make it a lot easier for that shooter to do, since he's allowed to bear arms.
? relevance to wearing a mask?????
Old 09-24-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Re: covid 19
We, including me, are in a state of confusion. No matter what your OPINION is we find others to agree as well as others to disagree.
We've taken two Physer vaccines. Last week I asked my doctor if we should take a third. He is not allowed or does not want to take the time to say DUH I DON'T KNOW. I assume all will get the same information. A trip to the grocery store where we are forced to get our drugs. They are pretty good. I just find it weird to get drugs there. We were told they cannot give your the third shot they will get instructions early Oct. My point the people in medicine do not know what to do. Imagine a restaurant.
What I think you meant to say is that YOUR doctor doesn't know. All other well informed doctors do know what to do. The information is readily available to them (and you) at CDC and Johns Hopkins.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,652 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
Is it your position that a mask won't give you 100% protection, or that a mask won't offer any protection at all?
Does it matter what type of mask one wears?
Also, whose science are you choosing to believe?
Old 09-25-2021, 03:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,652 Times in 959 Posts

there is no law preventing the owner of this restaurant from being a jackass. He was well within his rights to be a jackass, so he chose to be a jackass.
Given the number of jackasses in the population, he will likely gain more patrons from being a jackass than he will lose.
Nice business model.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Wasn’t it CNN report?
Uh, nope, almost everywhere, even Newsmax.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
there is no law preventing the owner of this restaurant from being a jackass. He was well within his rights to be a jackass, so he chose to be a jackass.
Given the number of jackasses in the population, he will likely gain more patrons from being a jackass than he will lose.
Nice business model.
Hmmm! Sounds familiar,
Old 09-25-2021, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

~~~

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-25-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
texas, protect, kidding, child, immunocompromised

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.