Thank goodness for the POA!

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patbbb View Post
Hmmm... accurate statement, but-

VHA= Villages HOME OWNERS Assn- not developer's assn. Why would a home owner want to belong to an organization who's primary interest is not his? And does the billionaire developer need our additional monetary support?

POA= Property Owners Assn- they represent us and the developer shuns them for that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patbbb View Post
Sorry, I was not aware of the name change- when did that occur? Trying to answer that question, I 'Googled' VHA and the following came up as the 2nd item: "The Villages Homeowners Association Community Foundation - The ...
https://www.thevha.net/?voice-articles=villages-homeowners-association-community..."

Hopefully what you aver is correct as I cannot recall the VHA ever going against the developer's wishes in behalf of residents. I do recall that Harold Schwartz formed the VHA after a disagreement with the POA way back when.... Some might say that is a conflict of interests. Anyway, glad to here you're working the the residents
Exactly!
Old 04-18-2019, 10:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
...Here is my issue... I hate this "us vs. them" mentality. I would support the POA if their goal was to work with The Developer to resolve issues. But when you refer to The Developer as "Da Family," I don't see that as a collaborative attitude. It is disparaging.
Bingo.

But say one thing negative about Tiger Woods and many of those disparaging “Da Family” will be outraged. I guess the term “hater” only fits in certain circumstances.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Bingo.

But say one thing negative about Tiger Woods and many of those disparaging “Da Family” will be outraged. I guess the term “hater” only fits in certain circumstances.
Not Me!!!!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Tried

One administration of the POA did try to work with the VHA regarding The Villages needs, etc. and the VHA refused to work
to coordinate their actions, etc.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:17 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

HEY! Stopitstopitstopit!

Please do not take this thread off track with all that back and forth about what to call the developer and with interpretations or misinterpretations of what the intended tone is from various posters. This thread is not about name-calling -- real or imagined. This thread is about the POA and and what it does for Villagers.

And. Yes. I support the POA. I wrote some early posts here in this thread somewhere telling the story of getting a new roof on our house in the LSL section of TV. In my posts, I credited the POA, but I also said something like "working with the developer."

I know it was through the POA that the shingles issue was resolved. But when I wrote about that, "with" was an operative word I included.

I have been at many, way too many, bargaining tables throughout my years of teaching. Yes. Union. I get it when it comes to working "with." (I also know that without a group to speak up and bargain, teachers would be paid even lower than they are now.)

Maybe that is the reason it goads me to see the POA get bashed by those who also benefit from the watchdog effect of the POA. -- And for all you word-watchers out there, I mean 'watchdog' in a fair and supportive way. I guess it takes me back to the old days of putting up with union bashers who would criticize, never help, not even pay dues, and yet gladly reap the benefits of those who were working for all.

As far as the Morse family goes, I know that one of the reasons for so much growth is because a lot of generational Morse family members work for TV -- and that will continue. It is their business -- figuratively and literally. I do not care as long as houses hold their value.

But I also have no need to dance in a conga line around the developer. Homeowners in TV are a commodity to the developer. That's all. (Keep in mind that one of the definitions of 'commodity' is "a useful or valuable thing." And, keep in mind, that "useful or valuable things" need to be taken care of.)

But there are always going to be times when there will be something that homeowners need help to communicate very real and specific issues to the developer. And homeowners cannot do that alone.

I am so tired and disgusted and wisely concerned by the "Us vs. Them" mentality that is permeating everything.

I know that there are some personality types who thrive on that way of thinking and cannot accept anything that feels oppositional or maybe even might cause them to look at middle ground. -- Please understand that I am not talking about a good debate. I love a good debate.

-- OK, please, let's get this thread back on track. If it goes personal, it will be buried, which will make those, who for whatever reason, hate the POA very, very happy.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 04-19-2019 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typos
Closed Thread

Tags
blinds, opinions, lower, facts, tend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.