Old 11-16-2017, 11:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
You know who you are..........
Old 11-16-2017, 12:43 PM
Platinum member

I know I will be corrected, but I believe that districts 1 - 7 are ran by resident elected supervisors. I haven’t checked in a while. Granted the districts are heavily influenced by the developer and our “consolidated” government, but there have been occasions where the districts have “gone rouge”. The AAC is ran by elected representatives, But again in the name of unity with the PWAC, is heavily influenced by the developer.

As usual I have forgotten the point I wanted to make. I’ll leave with the comment of I agree with the statement of the developers are a private business and they do not owe us a detailed explanation of thier future plans. We purchased our homes and they have provided us commercial and entertainment infrastructure and a method to maintain the buildings and grounds. As being a land development business, we cannot expect them just to stop building.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

When Brownwood was built along State Route 44, it became increasingly clear that The Villages was going to expand south of 44. Brownwood was a huge investment (even for billionaires) and more residential development was needed to support it. Thus we have the expansion southward that we see today.

That said, more economic development does not hurt current property owners, it enhances them. That is class 101 in economic development. As others have posted, we pretty much stay within our Villages District most of the time anyway.

For those who think maybe "they" will stop coming---10,000 baby boomers will turn 65 TODAY and approximately that many will turn 65 every day for the next 19 years. That was the demographics in 2010. Bottom line---a "bunch" are coming and it doesn't matter if we care or not. Fore!

Tags
resident, villages, feeney, focused, original

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.