Question for Village Golfers

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Default Question for Village Golfers

We are thinking of moving to The Villages within the next year, but are wondering how easy/difficult it is for Villagers to get tee times on any of the courses. We were told that there is no problem in the summer by the sales people, but we are hearing other things from some past owners.

Also, please tell us what you consider to be the pluses and minuses of Village living.

Thanks for your replies!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Founder
Default Re: Question for Village Golfers

I have never been refused a tee time in the four years that I have been here. That is on the championship courses. The "free" executive courses are another story in the winter.

In so far as living in the Villages. I invite you to browse through the topics that have been posted here and you will find out just about everything you want to know.

Welcome
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 PM

I think it's all in what your expectations are and the means in which you would like to golf. During the months of February - Easter golf is sought out throughout the state of Florida. The Villages is a part of Florida and is made up of numerous golf courses so it stands to reason that a round of golf would be harder to come by at that time of the year however it depends on how you golf. If you are a single golfer you can pick up unused tee times and play just a bout everyday "if" you are flexible. I think that the tee times system is the most equitable I've ever seen. Requests get honored based on your play history instead of a first call first serve basis. So everyone has a chance to play! You can not beat the cost of golf anywhere in the state. Outside of The Villages you are going to pay $100 or more per 18 holes. In The Villages as a homeowner you pay an Executive Trail Fee on a yearly basis or 6 months and you pay NO greens fees on the Executive Courses. On the Championship Courses you can buy an enhancement that gives you priority for tee times on the Championship Courses and reduces your greens fees. It also enscopes the Executive Trail Fees. I personally love it! I have been living in Florida since 1992 and have never played as much golf as I have since I moved to The Villages in December of 2006. I have found my home! I love it here and so does my hubby! My kids think we've hit the jackpot! They are so happy that we chose to live here and they love to visit! You'd be crazy not to move here! Be sure to go to the "Good Golf School". You'll learn a lot about Golf in The Villages and you can ask a lot of questions and expect good answers! Also check out a new website www.golfthevillages.com you'll get a lot of questions answered there as well! Best of luck in your decision making! ;D
www.flhomes55.com
Old 07-10-2007, 01:24 PM

Jan, can you tell me how to get to archived questions, posts, et al? I haven't stumbled onto that link yet so I can read through the information. Thank you for the formation yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
I have never been refused a tee time in the four years that I have been here. That is on the championship courses. The "free" executive courses are another story in the winter.

In so far as living in the Villages. I invite you to browse through the topics that have been posted here and you will find out just about everything you want to know.

Welcome
Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM

Thank you for the information. Hope to be there soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyofaDeb

I think it's all in what your expectations are and the means in which you would like to golf. During the months of February - Easter golf is sought out throughout the state of Florida. The Villages is a part of Florida and is made up of numerous golf courses so it stands to reason that a round of golf would be harder to come by at that time of the year however it depends on how you golf. If you are a single golfer you can pick up unused tee times and play just a bout everyday "if" you are flexible. I think that the tee times system is the most equitable I've ever seen. Requests get honored based on your play history instead of a first call first serve basis. So everyone has a chance to play! You can not beat the cost of golf anywhere in the state. Outside of The Villages you are going to pay $100 or more per 18 holes. In The Villages as a homeowner you pay an Executive Trail Fee on a yearly basis or 6 months and you pay NO greens fees on the Executive Courses. On the Championship Courses you can buy an enhancement that gives you priority for tee times on the Championship Courses and reduces your greens fees. It also enscopes the Executive Trail Fees. I personally love it! I have been living in Florida since 1992 and have never played as much golf as I have since I moved to The Villages in December of 2006. I have found my home! I love it here and so does my hubby! My kids think we've hit the jackpot! They are so happy that we chose to live here and they love to visit! You'd be crazy not to move here! Be sure to go to the "Good Golf School". You'll learn a lot about Golf in The Villages and you can ask a lot of questions and expect good answers! Also check out a new website www.golfthevillages.com you'll get a lot of questions answered there as well! Best of luck in your decision making! ;D
Old 07-10-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatterson
Jan, can you tell me how to get to archived questions, posts, et al? I haven't stumbled onto that link yet so I can read through the information. Thank you for the formation yesterday.

Hi Jan, ditto for me too! I also would like to know if it is possible to review prior posts. Thanks.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.