Theft by cleaning services....

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Theft by cleaning services....

We have been in TV for six years. Have moved once and now own two homes here. We have used several different home cleaning services. Recently we decided on a new one and they cleaned for the second time on Monday. My wife is a two time cancer survivor and has a prescription for a well know pain reliever that is Classed with opioids. Just this week she had the prescription filled and last evening following the maid service being there she noticed the bottle is missing. A police report has been filed. I do admit my wife was a bit lax in leaving her medicine in a bedroom drawer but I post this as a warning to all that when you allow people into your home to clean all valuables and medicines should be placed safely away or taken out of the home. I will not post the name of the Maid Service here but it is one of the larger ones and they claim to have all their workers drug tested.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,334 Times in 1,445 Posts

They need to re-test
Old 07-25-2018, 06:49 PM
Platinum member

They don't necessarily use the drugs. That are worth a lot on resale.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:07 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

The loss is minor compared to the great news about your wife being a two time survivor. Congrats. A lot of couples are not as lucky as you.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:22 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The loss is minor compared to the great news about your wife being a two time survivor. Congrats. A lot of couples are not as lucky as you.

Thanks for this post!!
Old 07-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

That's why we still clean our own home. I have heard this story too many times. We hope we never get to the point that we can't take care of ourselves.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:49 AM

Same thing happen to us when we let a window washer use our bathroom. She rifled through RX bottles boxed under the sink and found 2 bottles used for hip surgery. Bottles were then found empty.
I was wondering why it was taking her so long, some flea bag excuse.

Lesson: We now must protect medicine in our own house.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Bless your wife, and may she remain healthy.

We had the same thing happen twice. I was blaming myself for misplacing the medecine the first time, but thinking back on it, both times occurred when a certain family member of the crew came along to clean. Of course I had no proof. But we were at a point where we were going to be out of town for three months, so I called off the cleaning crew and never re-established with them when we returned. We're healthy enough to do our own cleaning (just lazy), so that's what we did after that.

Tags
home, services, wife, cleaning, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.