Are there any community theater groups in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Gracie, please do not be sore. You can be in the band, too.

S. P. Boomer
Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am so DANGED jealous! You are Soaring Parsley??? It's about Thyme! I don't know Rosemary...or her baby and nobody eats parsley. And that's all I have to say. Well.. EXCEPT...You are the teachers pet..............Soaring!
See Gracie, whadda tell ya. I ain't wrong.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Gracie, please do not be sore. You can be in the band, too.

S. P. Boomer
I'd like to be in the girl band. I can't sing but I can write a mean verse and... I can put Thyme in a bottle.

Last edited by Pturner; 03-10-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Soaring Parsley

Ohhhhhhhh Girls! Oh my!

I must explain all this I think. Ohhhhhh. Please let me share what started all of this stuff about that name that appears under my name. It was a long time ago. You might not have seen it.

It was back when I discovered that I suddenly, and out of nowhere, had that Golden Eagle status bestowed upon me. Ohhhhh, it did make me fret a bit upon the stage.

And this is what I had to say about it at the time.....upon first receiving that other name "Golden Eagle." --

What is with this "Golden Eagle” status? Who in the heck came up with that one???

”Golden” -- auuuuughhhhhhh --Not only do I have to, at this point in my life, come to terms with the fact that I completely understand everything those "Golden Girls" talk about, but I also live in a state where something called "The Department of Aging" lurks around your mailbox waiting for you to turn 60 so they can give you a "Golden Buckeye" card. -- And then I find out that the "Golden Buckeye" card is mostly worth a little something off the bill at every salt and fat-infested fast food restaurant you can think of. Is the "Ohio Department of Aging" trying to bump off us boomers?

"Eagle" -- Shouldn't that word be reserved for the Eagle Scouts or the Screaming Eagles or colonels or captains? A noble bird, an eagle, but not something to name a woman who through two Ohio winters has started almost every morning by sitting in front of a computer, drinking coffee, eating Cheerios with walnuts on them, wearing flannel, and writing posts to the point of accumulating 2000 of them. That is not an accomplishment. That is a serious condition. Certainly not the stuff of eagles.

I did not know it was going to happen. I was just looking for information. I could not leave Ohio yet. But I wanted to learn more about TV. And I thought I had found the perfect place to get the real scoop, but I was afraid to sign on as a member. I knew nothing about internet forums. And then I was afraid to post. And then......

I did not know I would write about farts and soap opera names and shopping trips and dogs and the economy and Carl Hiaasen and farts, again, and on and on it went. And I could not stop. And now……what do I do? Do I change my name and start over so I do not have to be a "Golden Eagle" anymore? You would never recognize BoomerDeux would you?

Ohhhhh, the denotation of words – the simple definition. But always, always, always there is the connotation of words – the baggage those words carry along, imply, outside the definition.

And now, anybody who got through this post probably thinks I am an English major, analyzing the heck out of words. But…..”Golden Eagle” – that bird is not the word for me. – It’s all too much.

Tippi Hedren Boomer

(Ohhhhh, I hope I have explained myself. And how I can get into messes over words. And now the third winter has passed. And it was a really snowy one and I just kept on writing these silly posts. And now........Ohhhhhh, I hope you girls do not tell me to just go blog myself.)

Last edited by Boomer; 03-10-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I can dance a little.

That's all right Boom. I just said that so that you would write something interesting like you always do.I'm not sore or mad or miffed or jealous....(Well maybe a little jealous) I want to be in your band. I can't sing and I can't play any instrument. Maybe I could wear an interesting costume and lip sinc?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

To Sschuler1: Sent a PM earlier today. Another actor from VA moving down in about a year. Look forward to hearing back from you.

To shrandall: We live in New Kent. Almost neighbors.

B.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Veteran member

I want to be in the band, but I'll need to be some kind of pepper or something. I'm a little spicier than that! We can't be the spice girls though, that name was already used....we'll have to come up with something else. Hmmmmmmm....how about the 4 seasons? No, that was used already too!!! Hmmmm....come on Boomer, we need your creativity for our new name!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Sage
Default A few ideas...

We could be:

The Good Thyme Girls
The Parsley Sisters (or The Parsley Systers, since we're a little off)
The Parsley, Sage and Rhymes
1 Great Singer and the Bombs

Old 03-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschuler1 View Post
I want to be in the band, but I'll need to be some kind of pepper or something. I'm a little spicier than that! We can't be the spice girls though, that name was already used....we'll have to come up with something else. Hmmmmmmm....how about the 4 seasons? No, that was used already too!!! Hmmmm....come on Boomer, we need your creativity for our new name!
SS, I am thrilled that you want to be in the band with us!

You can actually sing!

What's in a name?

Well, we sure do not want to be known as the "Old Spice Girls."

And because you can really sing, we will not have to be known as the "Lemon Sisters." (uh oh, only somebody old enough is going to pick up that allusion I bet. uh oh. shoulda kept my mouth shut.)

So I guess I am not doing so well on this name thing. I keep thinking of names that we do not want to have.

And I cannot sing. Or play any instruments much. But I got dibs on the tambourine.

Boomer
Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator

What can I play in the band?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Ohhhhhhhh Girls! Oh my!

I must explain all this I think. Ohhhhhh. Please let me share what started all of this stuff about that name that appears under my name. It was a long time ago. You might not have seen it.

It was back when I discovered that I suddenly, and out of nowhere, had that Golden Eagle status bestowed upon me. Ohhhhh, it did make me fret a bit upon the stage.

And this is what I had to say about it at the time.....upon first receiving that other name "Golden Eagle." --

What is with this "Golden Eagle” status? Who in the heck came up with that one???

”Golden” -- auuuuughhhhhhh --Not only do I have to, at this point in my life, come to terms with the fact that I completely understand everything those "Golden Girls" talk about, but I also live in a state where something called "The Department of Aging" lurks around your mailbox waiting for you to turn 60 so they can give you a "Golden Buckeye" card. -- And then I find out that the "Golden Buckeye" card is mostly worth a little something off the bill at every salt and fat-infested fast food restaurant you can think of. Is the "Ohio Department of Aging" trying to bump off us boomers?

"Eagle" -- Shouldn't that word be reserved for the Eagle Scouts or the Screaming Eagles or colonels or captains? A noble bird, an eagle, but not something to name a woman who through two Ohio winters has started almost every morning by sitting in front of a computer, drinking coffee, eating Cheerios with walnuts on them, wearing flannel, and writing posts to the point of accumulating 2000 of them. That is not an accomplishment. That is a serious condition. Certainly not the stuff of eagles.

I did not know it was going to happen. I was just looking for information. I could not leave Ohio yet. But I wanted to learn more about TV. And I thought I had found the perfect place to get the real scoop, but I was afraid to sign on as a member. I knew nothing about internet forums. And then I was afraid to post. And then......

I did not know I would write about farts and soap opera names and shopping trips and dogs and the economy and Carl Hiaasen and farts, again, and on and on it went. And I could not stop. And now……what do I do? Do I change my name and start over so I do not have to be a "Golden Eagle" anymore? You would never recognize BoomerDeux would you?

Ohhhhh, the denotation of words – the simple definition. But always, always, always there is the connotation of words – the baggage those words carry along, imply, outside the definition.

And now, anybody who got through this post probably thinks I am an English major, analyzing the heck out of words. But…..”Golden Eagle” – that bird is not the word for me. – It’s all too much.

Tippi Hedren Boomer

(Ohhhhh, I hope I have explained myself. And how I can get into messes over words. And now the third winter has passed. And it was a really snowy one and I just kept on writing these silly posts. And now........Ohhhhhh, I hope you girls do not tell me to just go blog myself.)
Tony, Tony Tony,

See what you've done?

You let the cork out of the bottle and

There ain't no stoppin' her now
She's on the move
Ain't no stoppin' her now
She's got the groove

BTW I played the fife & the bugel in a Fife & Drum Corp.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Tony, Tony Tony,

See what you've done?

You let the cork out of the bottle and

There ain't no stoppin' her now
She's on the move
Ain't no stoppin' her now
She's got the groove

BTW I played the fife & the bugel in a Fife & Drum Corp.
Hey Whalen, I am so glad that you will be in the band, too. I hope you still have those instruments. But doesn't Mr. Tony know this is a girl band? Geez. He is not paying attention.

Boomer
Old 03-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Oh.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Veteran member

a wig and some lipstick should do the trick.....and you can play Boomer's maracas, Tony! You just might have to clear that with Mr. Boomer first, though!

OK, Boomer....if your creative juices aren't flowing, how about these beauties:

The English Majorettes (although you might have to polish up your batons!)
The Tonyettes (just in case Tony decides to join us!)
The Tony-deafettes (just in case Tony decides to sing!!!)
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschuler1 View Post
a wig and some lipstick should do the trick.....and you can play Boomer's maracas, Tony! You just might have to clear that with Mr. Boomer first, though!

OK, Boomer....if your creative juices aren't flowing, how about these beauties:

The English Majorettes (although you might have to polish up your batons!)
The Tonyettes (just in case Tony decides to join us!)
The Tony-deafettes (just in case Tony decides to sing!!!)
Oh, I wonder if Mr. Boomer would approve. Wouldn't that be like Boomer letting Paula Deen come over?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.