Are there any Tesla drivers in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2019, 05:34 PM

I don't want to hijack this thread, but if you are looking for a 220V Tesla Charger, I have one for sale. PM me (photo attached)
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Tesla Charger.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	80508  
Old 08-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread, but if you are looking for a 220V Tesla Charger, I have one for sale. PM me (photo attached)
Does it come with a car???
Old 08-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Not just a Tesla ,but
all electric vehicles, if any evacuation order comes out--you don't have enough range to ge out of harms way
Good point but would not be my only vehicle.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Sage

Just out of curiosity, who would you expect to pay for installing these chargers?
Old 08-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

This was on the national news two days ago.

/tesla-explodes-after-crash-on-russian-highway/

The Villages Florida

Quote:
Were you here for the last hurricane? 75, 95, turnpike were parking lots of people trying to get out of harms way.
Did many people leave during Hurricane Irma? Nobody on our block did. I could see I-75 as being crowded with people leaving Naples, Sarasota, Tampa/St. Pete, but in TV everyone should of stayed put and that would of placed less cars on the interstate.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:16 AM
DAIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Just out of curiosity, who would you expect to pay for installing these chargers?
TESLA installs and services the chargers and could in high concentrated areas.

tons of other firms install and service for all sorts of EV types of vehicles. chargpoint as example.

in odd related news- in the event EV or ICE* vehicles in grid lock the EV only uses power when it's moving.

*internal combustion engine

FUN TESLA FACTS:
TESLA vehicles are 100% made in FRESNO CA - with Tesla paying union wages.
TESLA requires no maintenance - only windshield washer fluid and tires. (brakes pads 150k miles) as you use regen braking to stop.
TESLA receives over the internet updates and you can add options as you need.
TESLA pure electric not a mixture of engine and electric
TESLA model s has 370 miles of range(and has FREE supercharging for life) model 3 has 325 miles of range (and is the cost of a camry)

**not a sales person, just proud of what an American company can do**

Last edited by DAIII; 08-13-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage

The Model 3's range with the long range battery is actually 310 miles but more importantly you are not going to get one for the cost of a Camry. They start at just below $50K with the long range battery. Regarding maintenance, the brake fluid and battery coolant will need periodic replacement, I believe. Did they not tell you this when you bought yours? I am waiting for the Model Y - need more space than the Model 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIII View Post
TESLA installs and services the chargers and could in high concentrated areas.

tons of other firms install and service for all sorts of EV types of vehicles. chargpoint as example.

in odd related news- in the event EV or ICE* vehicles in grid lock the EV only uses power when it's moving.

*internal combustion engine

FUN TESLA FACTS:
TESLA vehicles are 100% made in FRESNO CA - with Tesla paying union wages.
TESLA requires no maintenance - only windshield washer fluid and tires. (brakes pads 150k miles) as you use regen braking to stop.
TESLA receives over the internet updates and you can add options as you need.
TESLA pure electric not a mixture of engine and electric
TESLA model s has 370 miles of range(and has FREE supercharging for life) model 3 has 325 miles of range (and is the cost of a camry)

**not a sales person, just proud of what an American company can do**
Old 08-13-2019, 12:35 PM
DAIII

325 range is for the RWD and from the last software update.

Brake fluid and glycol changes are valid every 2 years on any vehicle with proper maintenance.

Congrats on your model Y !!

see you around TV!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

Did many people leave during Hurricane Irma? Nobody on our block did. I could see I-75 as being crowded with people leaving Naples, Sarasota, Tampa/St. Pete, but in TV everyone should of stayed put and that would of placed less cars on the interstate.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Most people here didn't leave because they didn't predict that it would take a left around Tampa, move inland and then go north right over The Villages. The people on the coast thought they were going to take a direct hit of a very powerful, deadly hurricane. This was the strongest hurricane to hit Florida since Wilma and had caused considerable damage and many deaths. The state ordered a mandatory evacuation of many coastal areas and people followed that order. I don't blame them for that decision. My in-laws lived near Tampa, evacuated and tried to drive to Pensacola and it took them 12 hours from Tampa to just get to Pensacola on 75 and they were lucky to find a place to stay. This is part of the reason FL is now looking to extend the Turnpike all the way to I-10. I wouldn't want to be in any EV during a time like that even though I would like to buy a Tesla, I would definitely have a car that uses gas for emergencies
Old 08-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Irma didn't go right over The Villages. It was west of us - perhaps 40 miles west of us, don't recall the exact distance but it was west of us. The track was east of Tampa. It was actually very well forecasted the last 12 hours. There was some variability in the numerical guidance before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Hindsight is always 20/20. Most people here didn't leave because they didn't predict that it would take a left around Tampa, move inland and then go north right over The Villages. The people on the coast thought they were going to take a direct hit of a very powerful, deadly hurricane. This was the strongest hurricane to hit Florida since Wilma and had caused considerable damage and many deaths. The state ordered a mandatory evacuation of many coastal areas and people followed that order. I don't blame them for that decision. My in-laws lived near Tampa, evacuated and tried to drive to Pensacola and it took them 12 hours from Tampa to just get to Pensacola on 75 and they were lucky to find a place to stay. This is part of the reason FL is now looking to extend the Turnpike all the way to I-10. I wouldn't want to be in any EV during a time like that even though I would like to buy a Tesla, I would definitely have a car that uses gas for emergencies

Last edited by tuccillo; 08-13-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:28 AM

Here is a list of Tesla supercharger stations in Florida: Florida Tesla Enthusiasts - Current list of Opertational Supercharger Stations in Florida. (Public)

I've ridden in a Tesla a number of times - it's a great car and I've not met an owner yet who complains about the range. I get the concern about hurricane evacuations but the probability of a direct hit requiring a mandatory evacuation in TV is low. EV owners of any brand could always leave "early" if that was of significant concern. If you like/want a Tesla - then I hope you buy one. They are awesome cars.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
Here is a list of Tesla supercharger stations in Florida: Florida Tesla Enthusiasts - Current list of Opertational Supercharger Stations in Florida. (Public)

I've ridden in a Tesla a number of times - it's a great car and I've not met an owner yet who complains about the range. I get the concern about hurricane evacuations but the probability of a direct hit requiring a mandatory evacuation in TV is low. EV owners of any brand could always leave "early" if that was of significant concern. If you like/want a Tesla - then I hope you buy one. They are awesome cars.
The Tesla seems very interesting as a second car in the Villages and supercharger coverage is perfect for my travels around central Florida to the beaches and back.

Wish they made a golf cart with their battery technology.

I'd hunker down before intentionally driving into a mass evecuation situation but the Tesla possibly would make it farther in stop and go traffic on one charge if it could get around cars that could not refuel and ran out of gas ideling in traffic :-)

Last edited by Altavia; 08-14-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage

OK, I see. They don't appear to offer the long-range battery in the rear wheel drive anymore, just the four wheel drive dual motor.

The Model Y doesn't look like it will be available in volume for 2 years. We will take a look at it and the other small SUVs on the market then. We drove a Model 3 some time ago it it was pretty cool, especially the auto-pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIII View Post
325 range is for the RWD and from the last software update.

Brake fluid and glycol changes are valid every 2 years on any vehicle with proper maintenance.

Congrats on your model Y !!

see you around TV!
Old 08-14-2019, 11:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

To my point of view electric cars are suitable for local driving and you recharge when you are home. Even if we had a charging station at every gas station you would have to wait for hours to "fill" up in an emergency. I think it will be many many years before we get electric cars and charging stations suitable for mass evacuations.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:46 PM
Gold member

The Tesla SuperChargers only take about 40 minutes to charge the batteries from 5%-20% to 100%.

During Irma, Tesla was able to allow more range with an over the air update. Tesla’s get over the air updates every month or so with advances in technology.

The most exciting recent update was Sentry Mode which enables all 8 cameras to video your car in your absence. Many owners have been able to go to the police with video in hand of hit and runs, damage by careless drivers parking too close and damaging the Tesla, or hateful acts like “keying”.

The technology is pretty amazing. I am hoping to get my model 3 in the near future!

Tesla is adding SuperChargers all over the map. Every rest area on the Fla turnpike will have Tesla SuoerChargers it was recently announced.

As far as safety. TNHTSA has given Tesla 5 star ratings. It’s always headline news of a Tesla catches fire in a crash. But there are many more Internal Combustion Engine car fires than electric car fires. Look it up!!
Closed Thread

Tags
coverage, supercharger, orlando, south, decent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.