Are there any Tesla drivers in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread, but if you are looking for a 220V Tesla Charger, I have one for sale. PM me (photo attached)
Please contact Charlie Regan at 391-9693 if it is still available. Thanks . ASAP. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2019, 08:17 PM

We have been driving Teslas for 5 years and love them. We have a 240V outlet in the garage so we can go from 0 to full charge in 10 hours, but with the little driving we do in The Villages we only charge once a week. We occasionally charge at the Turkey Lake service plaza on the way to Orlando. We stop at Kingsland (north of Jacksonville), Savannah airport, and Columbia SC on our way to Charlotte. Road trips are pretty easy with the supercharger network. If we had the new Tesla S 100D we would have enough range so only 1 stop would be needed to get to Charlotte.

We haven't taken our car to Orlando for service yet. We have gone to the one in Chicago every year for annual maintenance, which is 80 miles from our Wisconsin home. They give us a Tesla loaner. It's not ideal. It would be nice having it closer. However, Tesla says annual service is no longer needed.

We have a normal electric golf cart. They have carts with lithium batteries but it's a big cost premium.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Do you know the cost and return on investment?
We are currently just getting quotes and they have ranged from $11,000 to $30,000 depending on American made panels vs Chinese made panels, voltage of each panel and type of invertor used.

We want a system large enough to provide greater than 100% of our current power needs, as we will be purchasing an EV and want to err on the safe side.

The ROI is not great. Especially for those of us over 65. But I would not be doing this to make a financial return. I really have strong opinions on the environment, and If the investment is paid for at 12 yrs or so, we will be happy with that. (the average most of our bids show) Then is equal to cost of electricity from he local utility.

We are not in a rush. We want to be well educated on our options as well as the industry as a whole before we move forward.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:58 AM
Gold member
Default Would you be interested in joing a TESLA club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footer View Post
We have been driving Teslas for 5 years and love them. We have a 240V outlet in the garage so we can go from 0 to full charge in 10 hours, but with the little driving we do in The Villages we only charge once a week. We occasionally charge at the Turkey Lake service plaza on the way to Orlando. We stop at Kingsland (north of Jacksonville), Savannah airport, and Columbia SC on our way to Charlotte. Road trips are pretty easy with the supercharger network. If we had the new Tesla S 100D we would have enough range so only 1 stop would be needed to get to Charlotte.

We haven't taken our car to Orlando for service yet. We have gone to the one in Chicago every year for annual maintenance, which is 80 miles from our Wisconsin home. They give us a Tesla loaner. It's not ideal. It would be nice having it closer. However, Tesla says annual service is no longer needed.

We have a normal electric golf cart. They have carts with lithium batteries but it's a big cost premium.

We only need 5 individuals to form a club. I think it would be fun and a great source to share information.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We are currently just getting quotes and they have ranged from $11,000 to $30,000 depending on American made panels vs Chinese made panels, voltage of each panel and type of invertor used.

We want a system large enough to provide greater than 100% of our current power needs, as we will be purchasing an EV and want to err on the safe side.

The ROI is not great. Especially for those of us over 65. But I would not be doing this to make a financial return. I really have strong opinions on the environment, and If the investment is paid for at 12 yrs or so, we will be happy with that. (the average most of our bids show) Then is equal to cost of electricity from he local utility.

We are not in a rush. We want to be well educated on our options as well as the industry as a whole before we move forward.
We agree complete with everything you said.

Tags
coverage, supercharger, orlando, south, decent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.