Is There A "Class System" By Home Price?

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: Is There A "Class System" By Home Price?

The way I look at it .....You buy what you can afford!

no one has the right to judge any one else by what they can afford and where they choose to live! That is just wrong...People like that are not worth knowing!

I bought in a neighborhood with Patio Villas, and Designers..We all get along..No one thinks they are better than any one else... :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

TV is very dog friendly! The only issue of concern is the no fence rule. If you walk your dog and clean up after it...ensuring that it doesn't do it's business on someone else's lawn, you won't have any problem. Our dog has always had a fenced yard so she and I picked out a courtyard villa. My husband says we are high maintenance females and so he accepted the villa. Truthfully, we all love it. Our little village has ranch, designer, patio villas and courtyard villas and we are a friendly neighborhood. The only issue that ever seems to bother folks is dog owners who don't accept responsibility for cleaning up. TV is the place to live if you have a dog or cat...or even a bird!!!! :hot: :2cool: :bigthumbsup: ;D
Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 AM

We have friends that bought in TV several years ago, and are probably responsible for our relocation. One of the things they told us about TV was that people "checked their egos at the door", that it made no difference where you lived ("don't ask, don't tell!), and that it made no difference "What you did" (where you worked, how high you were in the org., etc.) - their house is bigger than ours, they had better paying jobs than we did, they have a nicer view than we do, etc. - but we are still great friends, and none of us CARE about anything else!

I think you will find that to be the case in most instances. If not, get other "friends" who don't care about anything except the friendship. Oh, jeez, I reread this - and it sounds like I'm lecturing my kids! Sorry!
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:39 PM

Sometimes I need lecturing. I just really want a small fence for my Little dogs. when I walk my dogs of course I'll clean up any mess Bailey or Lilley may leave behind, but a small fence would be wonderful and it's crazy that we can't have a small fence in our back yards.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

Buc, We've lived in Florida since '83. Most of the nicer places are deed restricted and do not allow fences. It isn't just The Villages. Our dogs are very important to us. I just couldn't see not having a fence and walking them a few times each day. We were so happy to find these courtyard villas. We lived in a courtyard type villa in Tampa. It worked out great for us. When we recieved our information from The Villages, the first thing I notices was that they had courtyard villas. We knew right away that would work for us.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-15-2007, 04:43 PM

When I started this thread I was concerned about a class system. Got lots of great responses on that and reassured my wife. We really appreciate that. But we also are dog people (have 2 rescue dogs - a golden retriever 2 yr old and a chow-german shepherd mix 11 yr old), and we have really enjoyed all the responses on the dog situation. Everyone has been really helpful, and we really appreciate all the info and opinions. TV is sounding better and better.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

First to answer the question, NO I've never seen evidence of a class system. Now on to the dog subject, has anyone in a house used a stake in the ground with one of those retractable leashes/tethers (sp?) to keep the dog close? We have used this successfully at several homes in the north.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

One the nice things about the villages is we are all in the same boat, pretty much, RETIRED. one of our friends drove the EL train in Chicago and our neighbor has a PHD in mathmatics and still teaches in the summers. I haven't noticed and class lines. Actually it maybe better to buy under the max that you can afford. So that you are able to do all of the things you want. Expect to eat out more that you plan. You have to be confortable with yourself. Can you live next to someone who is a CC member, drives a Mercedes, maybe has a 20/25000 golf cart?

My neighbor has an invisible fence for his Golden.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Please - Who really thinks there is a "class' system in TV?????? ??? Come on-- It's all about.... What state are you from and do you know so and so!!! That conversation could happen between two lawyers or two brick layers. Who cares??? NO ONE!!!! Which is why my husband and I fell in love at first sight!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:20 AM
Platinum member

Class system? That's ridiculous! This is one place you WON'T find a Class System!
Tampa, FL
Old 08-19-2007, 06:35 AM

What do you mean by "Can you live next to someone who is a CC member, drives a Mercedes, maybe has a 20/25000 golf cart?".
Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 PM

THE WEEK MY WIFE AND I SPENT DOWN THERE WAS GREAT. I DID NOT FEEL THAT PEOPLE LOOKED AT US DIFFERENTLY. THEY DID NOT KNOW WHERE WHERE WE LIVED IN OR OUT OF THE VILLAGES, THEY WERE ALL NICE. EXCEPT FOR 2 OLD GALS WALKING TOGETHER AND LOOKED AT MY WIFE WITH TOTAL DISGUST. MY WIFE LOOKED AT ME AND SAID "WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT"? I LAUGHED AND STATED THAT THEY NOTICED THAT MY FLY WAS DOWN AND THEY WERE JEALOUS. ENOUGH SAID TAKE CARE THE KAR GUY
Old 08-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut
First to answer the question, NO I've never seen evidence of a class system. Now on to the dog subject, has anyone in a house used a stake in the ground with one of those retractable leashes/tethers (sp?) to keep the dog close? We have used this successfully at several homes in the north.
We have tried the Tether but ONLY if we are on the lanai and can see what she is doing. (8 foot so she stays in our yard) Don't want the neighbors having issues if she barks or if she decides to dig in the potted plants! :joke: So far so good.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Sage

The consensus of opinion certainly seems to be that there is NOT a class sytem by home price, everyone is treated equally.

I'm wondering if there is a "class system" where "seasonals" are a bother to permanent residents. I've heard some grumbling about traffic when snow birds arrive, and the inability to get good golf times and restaurant reservations.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Platinum member

There are 2 different seasons for sure. Summer is slower. Many of the clubs do not hold meetings, but some do. Itis a quieter time. The fall and winter season brings our seasonal friends back. Some of the Villages will have a welcome back block party for them. True the traffic becomes heavier. Both seasons are enjoyable for full timers. It is nice seeing our seasonal friends once again in the fall.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.