Is there an easy way to find and participate in a craft fair?

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage
Default Is there an easy way to find and participate in a craft fair?

I don't get the daily paper. I have a craft that I want to sell. Would anyone like to share their experiences?
Do the fees vary?
Someone I had a short conversation with told me that I would need to enter a lottery and hope I get picked.

thank-you
Old 07-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I don't get the daily paper. I have a craft that I want to sell. Would anyone like to share their experiences?
Do the fees vary?
Someone I had a short conversation with told me that I would need to enter a lottery and hope I get picked.

thank-you
Tom, I know this isn't what you asked for but someone connected with the Villages Art League should know the answer. Here see if this link helps;

VAL Shows - The Villages Art League
Old 07-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Tom, I know this isn't what you asked for but someone connected with the Villages Art League should know the answer. Here see if this link helps;

VAL Shows - The Villages Art League
That's very helpful. Thank-you Gracie
Old 07-08-2018, 09:55 AM
fw102807

Here is a copy of the Spring application form, I do not believe the fall one has been posted yet but Recreation and Parks is where you would find out. Have you thought about selling your craft on ETSY Etsy.com | Shop for anything from creative people everywhere

http://www.districtgov.org/PdfUpload...01.16.2018.pdf
Old 07-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Here is a copy of the Spring application form, I do not believe the fall one has been posted yet but Recreation and Parks is where you would find out. Have you thought about selling your craft on ETSY Etsy.com | Shop for anything from creative people everywhere

http://www.districtgov.org/PdfUpload...01.16.2018.pdf
That was helpful too. thank-you
Old 07-08-2018, 11:19 AM

The spring and fall Villages Craft Show is your best bet. It is held in 3 Rec centers and the fee is only $20. The great majority of people who apply do get a table.

Other craft fairs, like the ones that come to the squares several times a year, charge several hundred dollars for a booth. And those shows are juried - you have to submit a sample of your work and they decide if it is good enough, and also whether they don't already have plenty of your type of craft.

Another place to consider is something like Markets of Marion. I do not know how they operate.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:31 AM
fw102807

Can you share with us what you make? I love crafts and try to go to as many of these fairs as I can. Some very talented people here.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
The spring and fall Villages Craft Show is your best bet. It is held in 3 Rec centers and the fee is only $20. The great majority of people who apply do get a table.

Other craft fairs, like the ones that come to the squares several times a year, charge several hundred dollars for a booth. And those shows are juried - you have to submit a sample of your work and they decide if it is good enough, and also whether they don't already have plenty of your type of craft.

Another place to consider is something like Markets of Marion. I do not know how they operate.
Is this the Villages Craft Show>
2nd Annual Pinellas Plaza Craft Festival | ArtFestival.com
Old 07-08-2018, 11:45 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
The info I gave you is the one that is held in the rec centers. I believe that for the ones in the plazas you would need a booth and possibly an IRS number.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:56 AM

I believe that you may be thinking about the spring and fall craft shows held at Laurel Manor, Lake Miona and Seabreeze Rec. Centers on the same day. These are very well attended with a nice variety of crafts.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Bogie View Post
I believe that you may be thinking about the spring and fall craft shows held at Laurel Manor, Lake Miona and Seabreeze Rec. Centers on the same day. These are very well attended with a nice variety of crafts.
I think you are right. I'll the rec centers and see if they have the specifics for the fall show. thank-you
Old 07-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Oh I love craft shows! So glad to learn that TV has its own! I assist with a promoter up north who organizes craft, food, and food truck festivals around the state. It's always a lot of fun!
Closed Thread

Tags
craft, short, vary, experiences, fees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.