There is a hole in "the bubble"

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2017, 09:30 AM
Default There is a hole in "the bubble"

I realize that roads inside The Villages are public but, it does give you a sense of safety and security having a card reader, entry gate, and camera. These items have been missing from the Village of Pinellas entrance from 466A for nearly a month!!! With all the villages don't you think they would have spare parts!
I called community watch and a work order was put in to fix the problem on JUNE 27TH. How would you feel if this problem existed in your village?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Sage

I thought this was going to be yet another thread on the adult children living in the villages.

We love the gates, hope yours gets fixed soon.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
I realize that roads inside The Villages are public but, it does give you a sense of safety and security having a card reader, entry gate, and camera. These items have been missing from the Village of Pinellas entrance from 466A for nearly a month!!! With all the villages don't you think they would have spare parts!
I called community watch and a work order was put in to fix the problem on JUNE 27TH. How would you feel if this problem existed in your village?
Insouciant
Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 AM
Veteran member

Doesn't the Pinellas Gate have a "human" manning that gate?
Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Actually a person at the gate might be better as a deterrent. Are there not security cameras up? They seems to be a lot more of them around as you go south in the Villages.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've never considered the gates to be more than a marginal traffic control, which I appreciate when in a golf cart, not so much in a car. Living near the Hemingway gate has gotten me pretty used to inoperable gates -- think this gate is down every other week at the very least. So, I doubt I'd be all that concerned if a gate's security features weren't working. Sorry.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I've never considered the gates to be more than a marginal traffic control, which I appreciate when in a golf cart, not so much in a car. Living near the Hemingway gate has gotten me pretty used to inoperable gates -- think this gate is down every other week at the very least. So, I doubt I'd be all that concerned if a gate's security features weren't working. Sorry.
The gates by the Belvedere Library seem off quite often as well.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
How I would feel? Put on my big boy pants and quit worrying.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
OP, in my opinion, you'll get a response if you call Customer Service at 753-4508 and complain. Insist.

PS: I have noticed that the gate arms at Hadley have a label on them that says "Hadley." But I completely agree they must have spares.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I so agree.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I so agree.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How I would feel? Put on my big boy pants and quit worrying.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

traffic gates, round abouts, speeding golf carts, rude people drive some residents nuts
Old 07-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I think the local bad guys know the gates are open to the public.

Can anyone recall any crimes being solved due to the cameras?
Old 07-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I think the local bad guys know the gates are open to the public.

Can anyone recall any crimes being solved due to the cameras?
Yes. When the manhunt was on for alleged Orlando murderer, Markeith Loyd, there was a woman in a tee shirt that said sheriff going door to door saying she needed to search homes. She was a fake. They picked her up from the camera surveillance here in The Villages, let her out, and she did it again the next day!

Tags
problem, villages, village, called, community

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.