Resident ID vs Guest Pass

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Default Resident ID vs Guest Pass

Hopefully, I am narrowing in on a rental for the month of March 2012.
The "landlord" is offering a free guest pass (access to amenities and pools).
Will we be able to golf with the guest pass?

When we have rented in the past we have received a Resident ID.

Thanks for any assistance
Old 06-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Veteran member

Yes, you can golf with the guest pass but you'll have to pay a greens fee of about $6.50 and if you use a cart it's another $3.50. With the resident ID (which cost $50), two individuals do not have to pay the $6.50. If you're big golfers, do the math to see if it would pay you to get the resident ID. Your landlord can get that for you. With only the guest pass, you cannot have access to the sport pools either.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Veteran member
Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjo View Post
Yes, you can golf with the guest pass but you'll have to pay a greens fee of about $6.50 and if you use a cart it's another $3.50. With the resident ID (which cost $50), two individuals do not have to pay the $6.50. If you're big golfers, do the math to see if it would pay you to get the resident ID. Your landlord can get that for you. With only the guest pass, you cannot have access to the sport pools either.
An addendum to the above is those numbers are for the executive courses only. You will get a better discounted greens fees at the Championship courses with the resident ID.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Thank you, borjo

That is exactly what I wanted to know.

Regards
almon
Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Borjo

I am renting in TV next month -- I'm not a golfer, so the owner of the house advised I just use the guest pass to save the $50 resident ID fee since I will only be renting for 1 week. Can I use a neighborhood pool with the guest pass? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Veteran member

Absolutely! For one week, free guest passes are a no brainer especially if you don't play golf.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:25 PM

The property owner must give up their resident ID for you to get a resident ID as a renter. Suggest you contact the Recreation Department to get correct information on ID's and Guest Passes and what each entitles you to do.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Sage
Question

MikeH is correct...the homeowner has to give up his resident ID for that month for you to take his privileges via the transfer fee.

Now, here's a hypothetical ... just curious what the answer is.

Say the landlord owns 2 properties .... one for which he is full time resident/owner and the other that he rents out. The landlord presumably would only have 1 resident ID, right? So is there a process whereby he keeps his resident ID for his primary property but can transfer his resident/amenity rights to renters in his other property both in effect at the same time?

For those of you who own multiple properties, how does this work?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum member

In addition to the answer to Villages 07's question, I'd like to know if The Villages charges $50 for the use of each resident ID card or does the fee cover the use of both cards for a home owned by a couple.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Absolutely! For one week, free guest passes are a no brainer especially if you don't play golf.
Thanks Borjo. July 6 hurry come quickly please!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
MikeH is correct...the homeowner has to give up his resident ID for that month for you to take his privileges via the transfer fee.

Now, here's a hypothetical ... just curious what the answer is.

Say the landlord owns 2 properties .... one for which he is full time resident/owner and the other that he rents out. The landlord presumably would only have 1 resident ID, right? So is there a process whereby he keeps his resident ID for his primary property but can transfer his resident/amenity rights to renters in his other property both in effect at the same time?

For those of you who own multiple properties, how does this work?
I'm pretty sure the landlord I'm renting from does live full time in one village and owns the second property as a rental. I don't know how the resident ID situation works if one owns more than 1 property in TV.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Veteran member

We do own 2 properties. We have an ID's for both. The Villages keeps our ID's for our rental so it is always available for the renters. The Villages gives them their temporary ID, good for 2 people. We fill out the papers for the renters and hand over the $50 that the renters gave us.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

borjo is correct. The ID's (2) are assigned to an address, not to a person. I have our home plus two rentals. So 6 total ID's. Two per address. I only give up our ID's if I rent our personal home. Which we no longer do. The Villages charge $50 for the two ID's which most owners treat as a pass through cost. ID's are not required. They provide discounts for golf, admission to Katie Bell's, discount to movie tickets, pool access. Guest passes allow you to play golf for a fee and access to the pool's and Katie Bell's. Not sure about movie discounts.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Sage

Thanks Borjo and L2..... that makes sense that you can keep your resident privileges and also have renters enjoy resident privileges on your other property, You are paying amenity, CDD, trash, etc fees on both properties. Common sense prevails!!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Let me start by saying I am not a golfer, but in order to make a Tee Time Request don't you do need a Pin Number to go along with your ID Number (There is no Pin number with a Guest Pass). The Villages Golf Guide, whether it's using the Automated online Tee Time System or accessing by Phone requires a Pin Number. http://www.golfthevillages.com/tee-times/ I've always been under the impression that as a renter you need the Temporary Village ID at $50 in order to make Tee Times. Those with Guest Passes are charged an additional greens fee ranging from $6.50 in the months of May through October and $10.00 from November through April for the Executive Courses, but they (persons with Guest Passes) can not make Tee Times? Confused by Golfing in The Villages Brochure and some of the post here. So I need to know can a person with a Guest Pass make Tee Time Reservations? Thank you.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.