Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Default Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Kudos on the Wegman's store. The only reason I hate leaving Central New York is because of Wegmans. I stock up on as many products as I can before I leave and have things either brought down or sent down when I run out. Come on Don, bring a store down to 'The Villages' or Lady Lake area. It would be another success for sure. There is not another grocery store like it in the nation and I guess that's why it's ranked number one.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Default Re: Is there a particular store or restaurant that you would like to see here?

Olive Garden! Olive Garden! Olive Garden! anywhere in The Villages. Please
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM

Please Please Please - Will someone open a restaurant serving good quality fresh produce that ISN'T FRIED - every restaurant you go into has the same darn thing e.g. burgers, wings, fried everything ..trying to get some decent and imaginately cooked vegtables ...you might as well fly to Mars !!! Oh and p.s. can it please stay open until at least 11:30 and have some very soft background music, table cloths, candlelight and staff that will offer you a coffee and a liquer after your meal ...doesn't anyone in this country finish a good dinner with a coffee and a brandy or port ??? It always gets offered in the UK in the USA it almost never does !! Why ???
Old 07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Costco...Trader Joe's...Whole Foods
Old 07-12-2007, 08:04 PM

TRADER JOE'S would be awesome to have here and golf cart accessible!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
Victoria's Secret. :redface:
Great. We would have seventy year olds modeling designer Depends.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim16g
Great. We would have seventy year olds modeling designer Depends.
ROTFLMAO
Old 07-12-2007, 10:50 PM

I agree with the person who wrote in regarding a White Castle or Krystals. You either love 'em or hate 'em. Also, the closest Sam Ashe is down in Orlando. They would blow the one music store in Mulberry out of the water would they put a small facility up here.

Jerry Jackson
(Calumet Grove)
Old 07-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
Based on the various comments thru these pages, TV doesn't seem to be very user friendly. Am I imagining things?
Grouchy check out clerks at the Spanish Springs Hardware store do not make the Villages an unfriendly place. The Villages is a wonderful place. The store is privately owned. It is like anywhere else in the world. There are places where the managment seems not to notice that the customers are being chased away. There are grouchy clerks in Boise, Idaho, San Diego, Califoriania, and Syracuse, New York. ;D
Old 07-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Veteran member

I'm not ... yet ... a Villages resident, but I'd like to see some of the following within golf cart range: Costco, BJ's, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, JC Penney, Michael's, Red Lobster, Pizza Hut.

I understand there's a new place in Spanish Springs that will feature New Orleans style, Dixieland jazz. However, I'd love to see a nice bar/nightclub (and radio station) with the jazz focus being such stylists as Billie Holiday, Duke Ellington, etc. 8)
Old 07-22-2007, 05:21 PM

OK, here's my three cents, (all duplicates!):

a GOOD Mexican restaurant;
Costco
Trader Joes ("2-buck chuck" and so many other great things!)

But I think we'll be happy with what is already here... ahhh flexibility!
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Veteran member

Costco is our choice. A major mall would be nice.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Getting a Trader Joe's would be WONDERFUL!!! We move to our home in TV next fall and we have contacted both Trader Joe's (TJ) and TV to ask that they please talk to each other to work out a store in TV. TV says that TJs has to call them first. TJs says TV has to call them first. I hope TV will take the initiative and contact TJs. TJs could not offer a store in the Southeast until they opened their distribution center in Atlanta, which they have done this past year. However, Trader Joe's is in such demand, I suspect they have all the major metropolitan areas beating down their doors, begging them to locate a store nearby. I am still hopeful that TV will recognize how many Villagers miss TJs, and take the first step and contact TJs. Just look at the consistent thread of notes about Trader Joe's in the messages below.

Who is the best person at TV to get this word to? Trader Joe's is something so many people would benefit from. For the person who asked, Trader Joe's calls itself a 'specialty grocery' store. Everything is unique, delicious and many items are at wonderful prices. We love their "Two Buck Chuck" wine - a CA wine made by Charles Shaw. By the time it makes it to the east coast, shipping has raised the price to $3.29, but an incredible value for a quite good wine. Love their desserts, sesame honey coated cashews, $2 boxes of cereal, huge bouquets of flowers (more than twice what we can get at the grocery store for $4) for $5.99, gourmet cheeses, cinnamon coated almonds, and so many other things that just aren't available at a regular grocery store. Lettuce, beer, wine, specialty cheeses, half and half, veggie and birds nest tempura (frozen), orange chicken (frozen), Taquitos & soft tacos (frozen), broccoli & cheese quiche (frozen0, boneless pork chops (fresh), bananas and clementies are regular items I will find it very hard to live without or to have to pay higher grocery store prices.

I see so many notes below about people's love of Trader Joe's. How can we organize ourselves and make our desires know to the appropriate people at TV? Any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Platinum member

I heard Sweet Tomatoes will be building on Buffalo Ridge. That will be great. Whatever comes, please make it golf cart accessable! We don't use our car unless absolutely necessary.
Tampa, FL
Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
Have you ever heard of Wegman's? It is a monster supermarket from a company out of Rochester NY. They are all around the east and south east. Would love to have one here.

How about you......?

We have a wegmans here in my home town and it is by far the most popular grocery/deli/bakery/restaurant going.
But folks lets take a look at the new "sweetbay" grocery/deli due to open just walking distance from Lake Sumter Landing Market Square. It look to me to be the answer to our prayers over here on the south side of the Villages ( S of 466) Also don't overlook the new stores in Colony Plaza on 466a.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.