Is there a safety issue south of 466A?????

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2018, 05:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
My husband has played with home owners for 3rd time that do not feel very secure living south of 466A? Is this true?
Good we all have choices, maybe the gotta go.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I have seen your husbands golf swing, and I would not feel safe either!!
Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I think your husband is pulling your leg. Who talks about not feeling safe on three separate occasions ?
Someone wanting to move north perhaps?
Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
My husband has played with home owners for 3rd time that do not feel very secure living south of 466A? Is this true?
Some time ago, on this forum, a frequent poster (at that time) kept saying that there were crimes and break ins unreported in the news here. She lives south of 466A

I didn't believe her when she said that.
I still don't.

Very little escapes this Forum. And since the Daily Sun now has competition in **************, very little escapes the News Sources here.

During high season, all over Florida, when the population swells, it seems that criminals also come here to winter. We see Gypsys from abroad and rough customers from the cold North areas who think they can fox us.

We do have crime here, but very little compared with surrounding areas. It is always wise to be on guard, but I see no reason to be paranoid. We are in a pretty safe place here, and the L.E.O.s from Marion, Sumter, and Lake Counties all work together well to protect us.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Why is this even being discussed?
A few people feel scared and the forum is supposed to rebut there fears?
Why should the OP even care anyway?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Some time ago, on this forum, a frequent poster (at that time) kept saying that there were crimes and break ins unreported in the news here. She lives south of 466A

I didn't believe her when she said that.
I still don't.

Very little escapes this Forum. And since the Daily Sun now has competition in **************, very little escapes the News Sources here.

During high season, all over Florida, when the population swells, it seems that criminals also come here to winter. We see Gypsys from abroad and rough customers from the cold North areas who think they

We do have crime here, but very little compared with surrounding areas. It is always wise to be on guard, but I see no reason to be paranoid. We are in a pretty safe place here, and the L.E.O.s from Marion, Sumt

er, and Lake Counties all work together well to protect us.

NO one says it better than you Graciegirl!
Old 03-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I have lived 8 yrs south of 466 A and have not heard of a thing to worry about,
Sally, I think you've counted one year too many. We've been here almost 7 years and there was no homes south of 466A when we moved here. The first homes on the market were on Braddy Ct. in Sanibel in August of 2011. I toured the five furnished models when they were first advertised, that would be 7 years this August.

As far as safety, most times when I read of a home break-in , it's usually on one of those numbered streets like they have in Marion County.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Homeowners said break-in not reported. Pick-ups driving around late at night. They wished they had settled north.

Hi je,

Huh?

I would not worry, although we all need to be cautious about locking up, being aware, and being super careful about who we let into our house. — But that is true, no matter where we live.

Personally, I like to see the garbage-eve pickup trucks coming by to salvage items that are out there at the curb. (That has to be what some of those trucks are.)

Also, Mr. Boomer drives a truck and I know for sure he is a good and kind man. Sometimes though, we stay a little late at friends’ get-togethers. Our truck is white and pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself. I will try to remember to roll down my window and do a royal wave if we are rolling by in the wee hours.

But — now I will confess my own anxiety about living here:

You know how we have to put our recycle in those clear bags.

Well, sometimes we have a lot of wine bottles in ours.

I always call those wine bottles in bags to be seen by all — “our garbage of shame.”

Those appear on recycle day if we have had a recent dinner party.

But, I know. I JUST KNOW that a few of those early morning walkers could be judging us. AND, no doubt spreading rumors. Some might be saying we are boozehounds, lushes, wine-Os, whatever.

AND, there could be a few really snooty walkers who are judgmental in other ways and they peer through the clear plastic at our wine choices and sneer. THEN, THEY probably gossip about our plebeian tastes.

Oh, well, I thought about putting a sign on those clear bags full of wine bottles. My sign was going to say, “Do not judge. We had 6 people for dinner last night.”

But I rethought that because I knew it could start rumors that we are cannibals, gluttonous ones even. (sigh)

So now you know my deep rooted fears about life in TV.

Boomer-in-the-Middle.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi je,

Huh?

I would not worry, although we all need to be cautious about locking up, being aware, and being super careful about who we let into our house. — But that is true, no matter where we live.

Personally, I like to see the garbage-eve pickup trucks coming by to salvage items that are out there at the curb. (That has to be what some of those trucks are.)

Also, Mr. Boomer drives a truck and I know for sure he is a good and kind man. Sometimes though, we stay a little late at friends’ get-togethers. Our truck is white and pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself. I will try to remember to roll down my window and do a royal wave if we are rolling by in the wee hours.

But — now I will confess my own anxiety about living here:

You know how we have to put our recycle in those clear bags.

Well, sometimes we have a lot of wine bottles in ours.

I always call those wine bottles in bags to be seen by all — “our garbage of shame.”

Those appear on recycle day if we have had a recent dinner party.

But, I know. I JUST KNOW that a few of those early morning walkers could be judging us. AND, no doubt spreading rumors. Some might be saying we are boozehounds, lushes, wine-Os, whatever.

AND, there could be a few really snooty walkers who are judgmental in other ways and they peer through the clear plastic at our wine choices and sneer. THEN, THEY probably gossip about our plebeian tastes.

Oh, well, I thought about putting a sign on those clear bags full of wine bottles. My sign was going to say, “Do not judge. We had 6 people for dinner last night.”

But I rethought that because I knew it could start rumors that we are cannibals, gluttonous ones even. (sigh)

So now you know my deep rooted fears about life in TV.

Boomer-in-the-Middle.
I know someone who runs down the driveway with their clear bag of empty bottles just as the recycling truck pulls up.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 11:57 AM
fw102807

“our garbage of shame.”
Old 03-08-2018, 02:12 PM
fw102807

The Villages lawn ornaments jail
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	lawn ornament jail.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	74324  
Closed Thread

Tags
south, 466a, true, time, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.