Thereby hangs a tail

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2023, 09:21 AM

I've tried Massey twice, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Both times I've gotten burnt. My complaint is with their lawn care. They show up once a month; spend five minutes sprinkling some pixie dust on my grass, put down a lawn sign, and they're gone. I've called and written them that I want to be home when they come so I can see what they are charging me $61.00 for on each visit. After several calls and a letter, I finally fired them. I'm looking for a small, botque-type service, that will give me some personalized service.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
I grew up near the Everglades, and was exposed to rats in my home, yard, school, etc. When a rat dies, it usually does so in a very isolated corner of a structure, or outside under leaves. I have never seen a rat hang itself. Are you sure this wasn't staged?
I don't expect it deliberately hanged itself. It was trying to get onto our roof by climbing up a downpipe. It looks as if, in order to get to the gap, it had to jump across at the top of the pipe but then couldn't get a grip on the metal to either pull itself further in or give up and push itself out. Very unlucky that its head got stuck.

Believe me, I don't go handling rats in order to lie about a service provider.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:05 AM

[my friend had Massey he was snowbird from England. While back home his sprinklers were broken Massey said they came out and fixed them. We went and checked and they were not fixed. He fired them and I got our sprinkyguy to fix them. Never Massey.

I agree with you.

QUOTE=Dark'n'Stormy;2200356]Interested to read recent posts on dissatisfaction with Massey. Here's why I recently ditched them.

While out in the garden I noticed a rat that had died trying to get up to the roof. At that moment Massey arrived to do quarterly pest control so I left him to it without saying anything.

Having "swept the exterior of the home for wasps and spiders" I asked him about the rat. He hadn't spotted it! There it is, bold as brass, in the underside of the roof which he, purportedly, had just swept.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-24-2023, 08:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
How about that, a rat that was so depressed it committed suicide by hanging itself.
More likely to believe that vs Epstein.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
I grew up near the Everglades, and was exposed to rats in my home, yard, school, etc. When a rat dies, it usually does so in a very isolated corner of a structure, or outside under leaves. I have never seen a rat hang itself. Are you sure this wasn't staged?
Are there many rats in the everglades? I use to spend time in Everglade City late 70's early 80's. I didn't think it was an issue.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
By the looks of the picture, your neighbors must be totally thrilled being near you. It appears the house is in dismal shape.
I suppose it's easier to hurl insults behind a pseudonym than to drive round neighborhoods with a clipboard.

You must feel very proud of yourself, midiwiz.
Old 03-24-2023, 12:35 PM

It sounds like you need one of those Florida Pythons to get rid of your rats, including Massey employees.
Old 03-24-2023, 12:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,184 Times in 761 Posts

Don't put out feed for birds, and give them a water source, they usually come for the food and drink.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
...did you have any type of structure nearby he could've balanced on to reach where he is now (in the pic).
No. I assumed he climbed up the downpipe and got wedged going up, but it's possible he was in the gutter and got wedged going down. He couldn't have been dropped there by a bird as it is covered above him by the roof shingles.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Rat2.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	97628  
Old 03-24-2023, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Don't put out feed for birds, and give them a water source, they usually come for the food and drink.
Don't we all?
Old 03-26-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
I really don't think your focus is correct. You'd rather nail Massy rather than answer the most obvious question..... why is the rat there??? A rat is your largest problem not Massey.
Surely if Massey are being paid to do "pest control" then the fact that there IS a rat on the property is because Massey are not doing their job?

And the fact that their technician ignores a rat hanging from the eaves (which he has just swept) is further proof of that.

I think Massey deserves to be "nailed" for taking the money and not delivering the service.

Last edited by metalic; 03-26-2023 at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
rat, massey, swept, roof, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.