They are still on their way down!

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Played golf last Sunday at a medium size course in MA. Starter was a very talkative white haired man. He has sold his house, and all the furniture is in storage in pods. He has a Brownwood villa rented for the month of august, and he and his wife are determined to buy a house in the villages by the end of the month. Asked him a few questions, and he had some quirky answers, though his wife is the major decider. Didn't quite grasp the MLS sales concept as he wanted to buy a pre-owned home, and he has a "TV" sales rep. . .
Friends of ours in MA sold their $650K house this week near us to a young couple from CA. CA couple did the virtual tour and bought the house without leaving CA. The couple was pre-approved for $700 K mortgage.

The current problem in real estate is that there is not enough supply away from the urban centers. Of course the builders did not have time to create rural /suburbia supply for an urban pandemic. There are anecdotal evidence from national home builders' employees that houses are going like wildfire at the moment. People now want open space for their kids and family..

Urban cities will trend towards lower income and will take another several decades to recover, in the northeast, where the cities are the oldest

sportsguy

Agree, been looking for place with acreage outside of urban area but either too big, too much, or small, old, and not interested.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
I'm not surprised that "she didn't have anything else to show", as MLS represents less than 20% of the real estate market. Yet, the "real estate expert" claimed, "It's a sellers market right now. There is only enough inventory to last 2-1/2 months." Such a misleading and unethical post. I'll probably get flagged for that comment.
Agents will push there listing, not much in it for them To split commission.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
I'm not surprised that "she didn't have anything else to show", as MLS represents less than 20% of the real estate market. Yet, the "real estate expert" claimed, "It's a sellers market right now. There is only enough inventory to last 2-1/2 months." Such a misleading and unethical post. I'll probably get flagged for that comment.
The Villages sales reps have many preowned homes but they are pushing everyone to buy new south of 44. Outside realtors have homes but can’t show or sell TV listings, they need to connect with TV sales rep. I know this because I have a villa for sale in Buttonwood using ReMax. The market is so so. Things are selling but not as fast as it normally would at this time of year, which is slow anyway.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Agents will push there listing, not much in it for them To split commission.
She is a remax realtor and she probably showed us about 10 houses of which only two belonged to her and her partner.

We did give her a good idea of what we wanted and where we wanted it to be so that limited what she could show us.

She seems to be a good agent and we thought we would be buying thru her. However it was not to be.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:13 PM
Platinum member

You absolutely need both MLS and Village realtors unless you are only buying brand new. We had both show us several houses and chose one that was MLS. We are still here 12 years later.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I’m on 5th new house in villages , my agent showed my home to many people, I never had to wait more then 3 weeks and I got top dollar for all of them and if you use villages agent and but another preowned or new you get back 1% of the new home price back , there are many good agents here they can’t push you if you don’t want to be pushed , they want to sell your home and they want you to buy , it’s all up to you
Closed Thread

Tags
house, couple, urban, wife, builders

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.