They want a 8” Cross removed?

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2021, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

I bought where I am because I am ok with our deed restrictions. There is a couple of sand crane statues in some people’s landscape but everyone seems to be happy with them so I don’t even know if they are against the rules. When we were driving on Morse bridge there were a couple of birds on the grass. I was thinking how life like they were, just like these statues around here and then the birds started walking!
Old 06-11-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,010 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Yet so many swear clipboard trolls don’t exist. Now you have it in writing, yes they do.
The two old biddies are out and about doing what they do best not minding their own business.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
They are getting sued for NOT following the deed restrictions, not because it is a cross. They can put the cross on the porch, in full view, problem solved.
legit compromise here.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default You're more than welcome to compare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Anyone know what village she lives in? Up here in the NE almost everyone has lawn ornaments of one kind or another, including many crosses.

kathy
apples and oranges(NE vs. the villages), but it makes no sense. Not in the least.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
apples and oranges(NE vs. the villages), but it makes no sense. Not in the least.
I was referring to the NE section of The Villages, not of the US. (Specifically, we are north of 466 and east of Chula Vista.)

k.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I bought where I am because I am ok with our deed restrictions. There is a couple of sand crane statues in some people’s landscape but everyone seems to be happy with them so I don’t even know if they are against the rules. When we were driving on Morse bridge there were a couple of birds on the grass. I was thinking how life like they were, just like these statues around here and then the birds started walking!
Sand crane statues are against the covenant. I have two and will gladly take them down if anyone complains - they just tell me, and I will. about 25% of the houses in my neighborhood have them.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
There are lawn ornaments almost everywhere. They are against the covenant, but the covenant is only enforced if someone complains.

Sadly, if you have some and you annoy someone online they can complain and you will have to take them down.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:15 PM

Last February we were on our Saturday morning yard sale tour and noticed a house in Duval that had Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's decorations all over their yard at the same time. How tacky is that!
Old 06-11-2021, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
Last February we were on our Saturday morning yard sale tour and noticed a house in Duval that had Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's decorations all over their yard at the same time. How tacky is that!
Book’em Dano!

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 06-11-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,082 Times in 295 Posts

My entire neighborhood put flags on their lawn last Memorial Day. I put 12 there myself. Were we in compliance with the CDD? Didn't check. Don't really care.

I guess I'm fortunate to live in a neighborhood where people like to get together on projects like that. My neighbors seem more worried about enjoying their retirement and being liked by their neighbors, than worrying about what little doo-dad their neighbor has in their garden, just so they can report them to lawn ornament police.

When governments, especially small governments, make rules, they're always draconian. That's because fellow citizens don't want to sit in judgement as the designated hair splitter, and the lawyers don't want any ambiguity if they have to go to court.

The lawn ornament thing is there to prevent people from erecting giant monstrosities on their lawn that hurt property values. It wasn't written to prevent your tender eyes from observing a small religious artifact that you happen to find offensive. But you're certainly within your rights and the letter of the law to report the offender and have offensive the object removed. And a chorus of like-minded souls on this forum are sure to whip our their deed restrictions and remind us that we all agreed to be ruled by the most petty among us, and rules are rules.

I'd just ask how your happy retirement is going -- the one where you paid a bundle to live close to other happy retired people -- if you find your neighbors so offensive that you'd turn them in for something as trivial as an 8" cross in their garden.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
The tenants "were TOLD" by attorney's office.

Sounds like hearsay to me.....

And even if they do exist...who cares? Follow rules and they will have nothing to report, right?
You are replying to the wrong poster, not my rental, have no insight if they spoke to attorney or not. Please read post, then respond. We have been in TV since 07, know the rules, with all 3 of our houses. My post was about those who think the clipboard people are a figment of imaginations.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
There are lawn ornaments almost everywhere. They are against the covenant, but the covenant is only enforced if someone complains.

Sadly, if you have some and you annoy someone online they can complain and you will have to take them down.
Sadly, if you have some, you have chosen to violate a contract that you placed your signature on. And, since you are aware that you are in violation, your integrity is in question.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:16 AM

Rules are made to even the playing field…the rules are in place to protect everyone. What makes people think that they can break the rules? How about if I leave my boat in my driveway? Simply put your cross in your backyard for your own enjoyment.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:40 AM

Shouldn’t start any conversations. This topic is worn out. The homeowner is in violation of district restrictions. They are guilty. The homeowner should remove the cross, wait 30 days then put it back up. It may or may not start the process again. If it does, then repeat.

I learned this trick after complaining multiple times that a neighbor was in violation with a lawn full of Hillary signs. They would take them down for a few days then put them back up.
Each. complaint opens a new ticket which takes 90 days to pursue.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:56 AM
Default Dog waste disposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Dickinson View Post
All dogs are required to be on a leash at all times, dogs are not allowed off leash on any athletic field or other public areas. Not allowing pets to play and walk on common area landscaping. Owner is responsible for picking up after pet, please take all waste home for disposal.

I see this rule broken often. Or do we get to pick and choose which rules we want to follow.
I was at a Villages postal station recently and the odor coming from the trash can was horrible. Dog owners should carry the poop home and flush it away. That is one of the downsides of having a dog at the Villages if you are not on your own property.

Tags
cross, start, small, white, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.