They want a 8” Cross removed?

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2021, 06:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to Tsalla Apopka
Default What IF???

What if it was an 8" tall SWAZTICA or an 8" tall phallus??
What would the discussion be then?
The Covenant's, anywhere, are there for a reason.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:14 AM

What’s good for the gander is good for the goose 😂😂
Old 06-12-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
They are getting sued for NOT following the deed restrictions, not because it is a cross. They can put the cross on the porch, in full view, problem solved.
Trust me folks. Who ever made the complaint was targeting her because it’s a cross. Anti Christian is gunning for her and using the villages CDD to do it. The CDD painted themselves into a corner that I’m sure they regret. I doubt very much the person who made the complaint even lives in the villages
Old 06-12-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywood View Post
My entire neighborhood put flags on their lawn last Memorial Day. I put 12 there myself. Were we in compliance with the CDD? Didn't check. Don't really care.
You're allowed seasonal decorations for up to 30 days.

White cross lady should celebrate January for 30 days, take the cross down for a day and then celebrate February for 30 days. Rinse and repeat twelve times a year celebrating each month.

Or, buy a planter for some flowers and paint a cross on the planter.

Or, cut down a palm tree but leave a 2' stump on which to place a flower planter. Carve a cross in the stump.

Religious expression can take many different forms and you don't necessarily have to create a problem when alternatives exist.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:18 AM

If you don’t like the lawn ornament rules just move to the historic side. You can do whatever you want there apparently. I’ve seen cars on blocks with junk all over bushes that the homeowner was using as a table. He had rags, car parts, brooms, all on top of his bushes.

When we rented up there it easily swayed us to move south.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:25 AM

Put the cross in the backyard. Problem solved!
Old 06-12-2021, 06:27 AM

A violation is a violation---period. Stop trying to draw attention to something that's unimportant when YOU violated the rules. If the so called trolls want to keep our neighborhoods looking good I say thank you to them.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

False complaints are also made.

The system should require the complainer to provide as much information in writing as it takes to make a change as verification.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsalla Apopka View Post
What if it was an 8" tall SWAZTICA or an 8" tall phallus??
That would be OK with me.

If it were a swastika, I would assume they were Buddhist of Hindu.

The Buddhist Swastika | Reclaiming Zen

If it was a phallus, I would assume they were celebrating this Japanese festival.

Japan's Annual ***** Festival Is As Phallic As You'd Expect (PHOTOS) | HuffPost

Last edited by VApeople; 06-12-2021 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:33 AM

A rule is a rule no?

If this resident was pulled over for speeding because she was late to Sunday church service, would she not pay the ticket? Would she believe she was targeted because the officer was camped out waiting for speeders?

Would Fox 35 then report she was pulled over for going to Church Service?

Seems that If you violate a rule, which is sometimes worth it given the situation, you simply pay a price for the violation.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Yet so many swear clipboard trolls don’t exist. Now you have it in writing, yes they do.
A violation is a violation---period. What difference does it make who reported it? If the so called trolls dedicate themselves to keeping our neighborhoods looking good I say Thank You. Stop trying to divert attention from the real problem---that being YOU violated the rules.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
They are getting sued for NOT following the deed restrictions, not because it is a cross. They can put the cross on the porch, in full view, problem solved.
Come on there is some sort of bird statue ornament, bird bath, or other ornament on a pole in the yard of at least 50 percent of homes. Also the likeness of the resident pet on lots of light poles. I'm willing to bet it is exactly because it is a cross given todays climate in this country. Please hang it on the light pole and let us know if the suit goes away. I bet not.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
Trust me folks. Who ever made the complaint was targeting her because it’s a cross. Anti Christian is gunning for her and using the villages CDD to do it. The CDD painted themselves into a corner that I’m sure they regret. I doubt very much the person who made the complaint even lives in the villages
Nope 65 complaints had, wagons, metal birds, garden flags, bicycle planter, many different statues and yes some crosses.

So an old rumor on how the complaints started was, a new person at a certain village, had a display of statues and a cross, on their front lawn. It was mentioned that it was not allowed and should be removed, unless it was durning the holiday season.
Complaint was sent and said items had to be removed in x amount of days or a fine would be enforced.

That person in turn decided to make it her life’s mission to report everyone she could find as a get even for having to remove her lawn ornaments.
If true they do a great job, most time there are 65 to over a hundred complaints turned in by the same person(s), in different villages.
Some districts have made changes to the process that a name of complaints made public no longer anonymous.

By theory if a complaints turned in had a fee of say $5 each, you would see a drastic decline to the some call clipboard lady. Again this is a said rumor, but there is someone out there diving in a village today filing out complaints on village residents
Old 06-12-2021, 06:42 AM

I bet they wouldn’t tell me to remove my BLM flag or Muslim Flag. Maybe we should all try it then sue them we need to stand up to this
Old 06-12-2021, 06:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Having previously lived in CDD-8 and regularly attended board meetings, I am familiar with this situation.

This is not about freedom of religion. This is about defiance. "YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN NOT HAVE IN MY YARD".

It is truly that simple. The owners of the property refuse to abide by the deed restrictions simply because they don't want to.
Closed Thread

Tags
cross, start, small, white, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.