They're heeeerrrre!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There has been a large bunch of seasonal residents enter the space. Yesterday we had to wait and wait to pull out on 466, just like we were warned when we said we were gonna build here. The parking lot for Publix on 466 was almost full on a WEDNESDAY. Inside Publix, the bags of lettuce were gone and there were a lot of really non tan shoppers and ladies wearing dressy hats and longer black dresses and a lot of make up. It was crowded in there and as I waited for Henry to check out, an older man setting next to me, (he wasn't any older than me to be fair) said that the lines for restaurants were long last night.

Anyone else see any signs that the birds are back?
Can't confirm these people were snowbirds but this morning on the MMP along El Camino we were almost hit by another cart passing on a blind curve, let alone flying down the path.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
There has been a large bunch of seasonal residents enter the space. Yesterday we had to wait and wait to pull out on 466, just like we were warned when we said we were gonna build here. The parking lot for Publix on 466 was almost full on a WEDNESDAY. Inside Publix, the bags of lettuce were gone and there were a lot of really non tan shoppers and ladies wearing dressy hats and longer black dresses and a lot of make up. It was crowded in there and as I waited for Henry to check out, an older man setting next to me, (he wasn't any older than me to be fair) said that the lines for restaurants were long last night.

Isn’t it just great.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
This is when we start exploring restaurants outside of TV some of then get crowded too but not all. There are lots of places within 30 minutes of our home which is how log it takes to get to Spanish Springs from down here. Went to the Christmas Tree lighting in Brownwood last year and had to park over by the medical buildings on Powell Road and walk in, won't do that again.

All we snowbirds are not here yet we’ll be there on December 29th to get drunk on NYE watch out we’re gonna come and terrorize all you complainers. LOL. Oh wait from what I read in the Villages News there are plenty of year round residents who are drunk and drive golf carts around. Then there’s those seniors assulating one another. Sad to say much of our world is like this today.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
All we snowbirds are not here yet we’ll be there on December 29th to get drunk on NYE watch out we’re gonna come and terrorize all you complainers. LOL. Oh wait from what I read in the Villages News there are plenty of year round residents who are drunk and drive golf carts around. Then there’s those seniors assulating one another. Sad to say much of our world is like this today.
Same here. Arrived on Saturday last, and am now ready to rob, rape, and pillage the place.
Can't wait to destroy a few golf courses as well.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

I am leaving soon... to go home to the snow! Being a reverse snow bird has some advantages! Welcome to all snowbirds! Thank you for paying all year so we can enjoy this beautiful place we all call home!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
As I do every year around this time, I'll ask: where does the Morse family shop, dine, play golf in the winter? Can't imagine they stand in line with the rest of us and circle the parking lots waiting for a space to open.
Online shopping?

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 12-05-2018, 03:15 PM

You know they're back when you can't find an XXXL tank top with "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" written on it.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Seniors ASSULATING? I’d like to see that!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 12-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Gracie,

You should see the condition of the greens and bunkers. They are a mess
They were worse in July.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 12-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am grateful that they pay the Amenities when they are not here. We were seasonal residents for several years. We have friends who are seasonal residents. There sure are a damned lot of them/us.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-06-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Welcome back snow birds, and flakes.

due to a very close friend at 29 died of stage 4 melanoma, I haven’t had a tan in 5 years. So my white face and arms are out there shopping, for the bags of lettuce that have not made a comeback from the recall.

But I noticed increase in August when I returned this year. I think many are coming earlier and staying longer to enjoy all TV has to offer.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

A large number of those seasonal residents are renters, and the landlords are paying the amenity fees. We were renters for several years but bought last year and will happily be there by the second week of January. We will then attempt to get every ounce of value of the amenities while we are there. We spent August and part of July there this year and were surprised at how busy it was, having only been here in the winters prior, and hearing on here how much slower it was in the off season. Having been here eight winters, I have always felt that the overcrowding and congestion have been somewhat overstated. We go out to eat virtually every night and seldom have to wait more than 20-30 minutes, about enough time to enjoy a cocktail. It is undeniably more busy than in summer but not to the degree that some seem to think IN MY OPINION.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
And they assault each other, and correct each other's grammar too.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:37 PM

Confirmed today. I saw a Florida license plate on a SUV at Winn Dixie - SNO BIRD.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Platinum member

There are other dead horses that need a good beating. Dog Poop, Seat Saving, Fast Golf Carts, and Bad Parking all need an injection of contempt.

Tags
lot, older, wait, publix, setting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.