Need Help Finding the Customer Service Department

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Default Need Help Finding the Customer Service Department

As a "Newbie" I don't know where a new home owner goes for "customer service" when the recommended phone number does not meet expectations. Many organizations have a department which provides basic support to its customers, and then a hierarchy of support as a need arises. Those organizations realize that an apparent inconsequential problem could turn into a much larger issue when left unaddressed. There is so much right about buying here in The Villages but when a problem arises it seems that no one is directly responsible for providing assistance. I just can't seem to find a person/department here in TV to help us new home owners and I'm getting a bit discouraged. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post
As a "Newbie" I don't know where a new home owner goes for "customer service" when the recommended phone number does not meet expectations. Many organizations have a department which provides basic support to its customers, and then a hierarchy of support as a need arises. Those organizations realize that an apparent inconsequential problem could turn into a much larger issue when left unaddressed. There is so much right about buying here in The Villages but when a problem arises it seems that no one is directly responsible for providing assistance. I just can't seem to find a person/department here in TV to help us new home owners and I'm getting a bit discouraged. Thanks for any suggestions.
Did you contact the Warranty Department at 352-753-6222. They have always been very helpful to me.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Sage

What company are you paying for phone service?
Options may be Brighthouse, Comcast, Sprint, etc. As far as I know, the villages itself does not operate any phone company.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
As a "Newbie" I don't know where a new home owner goes for "customer service" when the recommended phone number does not meet expectations.
I'm thinking that would be an issue to discuss with your phone service provider??
Perhaps we are all misunderstanding your question.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-13-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I think if you mentioned in what specific area you have a problem, someone could probably put you in the right direction.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Customer service for whom? What company?

I'm interpreting your phrase "recommended phone number does not meet expectations" to mean that you are trying to contact a customer service department about a problem, but the phone number you've been given for that customer service department is not what you need. Please explain further so we can help.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Sorry I was not clear - I knew what I meant but was not clear enough for you folks to help me. The Villages phone number I was told to call did not provide the support I was expecting regarding a single issue with a new home. We are so pleased to be here but we need help with a house problem and several people have dropped the ball.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:10 PM

It seems to me that you should start with the Warranty Dept, as Sable99 recommended.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Sorry I was not clear - I knew what I meant but was not clear enough for you folks to help me. The Villages phone number I was told to call did not provide the support I was expecting regarding a single issue with a new home. We are so pleased to be here but we need help with a house problem and several people have dropped the ball.
Might want to mention the problem and so you can be sent in the right direction
Old 01-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Sage

I had absolute delight with The Villages home warranty.
The difficult thing is to describe your problem clearly enough to home warranty that they know who to call to fix your problem. One team did your tile, another team did your plumbing, another team did your electric, another team painted, and so on. In my experience, as long as you are clear about what you need, you are very likely to get A phone call back from the correct team to make an appointment to fix your problem.
In the event that you have an extremely difficult situation or cannot come to terms with the team who is trying to help fix your problem, you might want to ask for your builder to call you. That has never failed to produce excellent results for me.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Two suggestions:
Call warranty and ask to speak with your builder. They should get the message to him.
Go to the sales department and ask to speak with a manager.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegiance View Post
The Villages Florida
wow. That is a big picture!
Old 01-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Platinum member

I am totally lost!!!....Is this person going to tell us what the issue is so we can help them or is it a secret???
Old 01-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

You should have received an indoctrination with your builder which would have included the information on your new home. Their should have been a refrigerator magnet with the phone number of the warranty department plus additional contact information. The warranty department is your single point of contact and is the interface with the people that build your home. You should then be contacted by the appropriate contractor, either same day or next day to set an appointment to evaluate your issue and arrange a time to correct the issue. That has been my experience since we arrived in September and have been very satisfied with the process.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You will do better to have warranty speak to your builder. They represent the BIG builder, the Morses who employ all of the building teams and warranty has clout. Just tell warranty and if you're nice they will do just about anything to fix your problem.

Most of us are delighted with the follow up for any problems that come up with a new home.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.