Thief among us!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I think it was some time ago when 2 people had their clubs and bags stolen off their carts parked on the side of the building at Evans Praire. The thief or thieves must have know at that time there were no security cameras. The only time my clubs are on our cart is when I'm using them. I never drive around with them.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

There is a 100,000 people here I am betting there is more than one plus the easy access by out siders.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Sage

What happened to the guy who stole the cigars?
Old 01-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Could someone have been confused? Someone with a similar ball caddy in their own golf cart?
Or are you quite certain that the person deliberately stole your caddy?
Dementia or confused and they are driving a golf cart?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes, and more times than not, lost things are returned. You who are new here need to get used to the predominantly honest atmosphere here. Our generations were raised with more moral compass. Not everyone, but this is a surprisingly decent place to live. SO THERE.

You aren't in your old place anymore. So many wallets and purses and golf clubs and all kinds of things are returned when lost..

Maybe someone did steal it....but you newbies will be pleasantly surprised at this place. So live here a year before you jump to your conclusions. The majority of the folks who live here are just like you are.

In no way am I blaming any victims of crime in TV. It stinks that one can't trust their fellow humans. I agree most residents are honest but we live in such close proximity to pockets of poverty and as stated many times we live in a community with gates and not a gated community that it's surprising there isn't more crime.

I'm sorry the OP had their property stolen.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes, and more times than not, lost things are returned. You who are new here need to get used to the predominantly honest atmosphere here. Our generations were raised with more moral compass. Not everyone, but this is a surprisingly decent place to live. SO THERE. You aren't in your old place anymore. So many wallets and purses and golf clubs and all kinds of things are returned when lost..
On a positive note, I stupidly left my purse at Paddock Square on New Year's Eve.
It was cold, we were juggling coats and scarves and vests, and somehow it was overlooked.
Before I even missed it, I got a call from Community Watch saying my purse had been turned in to them, with money and credit cards untouched.
Thank you so much to the honest people who took the time to contact Community Watch and turn in my purse.
I'm not saying it's OK to do something stupid like I did.
But in my opinion, The Villages is a wonderful place, filled primarily with honest people.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Native New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
In no way am I blaming any victims of crime in TV. It stinks that one can't trust their fellow humans. I agree most residents are honest but we live in such close proximity to pockets of poverty and as stated many times we live in a community with gates and not a gated community that it's surprising there isn't more crime.

I'm sorry the OP had their property stolen.
crime in this community.

Last edited by Native New Yorker; 01-15-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
Interesting that you are blaming those who live in poverty for crime in this community. My pickleball paddle was recently stolen at a rec center. I guess I should be over in Wildwood looking for the thief.
Thank You!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Dementia or confused and they are driving a golf cart?
Uh, yes, I think that's a very good possibility by the way some drive golf carts here in TV.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 PM

Maybe the person with dementia that took my v2 rangefinder out of my bag at Cane Garden can remember to return it. Or if they can remember they have 299.00, maybe they can give me that instead.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I remember at the pool one time a man came in yelling and screaming that someone had stolen his wife's purse out of the golf cart he was yelling at everybody screaming and threatening them. And then he and his wife walked out saying she shouldn't of left her purse in the cart walked over to their cart and there was her purse. Then his wife realized he had gone into someone else's cart. Both carts looked exactly the same parked two spaces over. So not dementia just sometimes my cart looks like yours. And let's be honest if someone's going to really take something it should be worth something other than a bag of old crappy balls. No pun intended
Well, like the old adage -- "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

You never know what is important to someone.
It doesn't have to have value in terms of the almighty dollar sign for someone to want something they don't have.

Last edited by Mrs. Robinson; 01-10-2015 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Well, like the old adage -- "one man's junk is another man's treasure."
You never know what is important to someone.
It doesn't have to have value in terms of the almighty dollar sign for someone to want something they don't have.
Well, Hello Mrs. Robinson!
I see this is your first post.
Welcome to TOTV.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Well, Hello Mrs. Robinson!
I see this is your first post.
Welcome to TOTV.

I agree Bare.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Gold member

what goes around, comes around.......they will get theres........you might not see it but be assured....it will come around....
Old 01-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
Interesting that you are blaming those who live in poverty for crime in this community. My pickleball paddle was recently stolen at a rec center. I guess I should be over in Wildwood looking for the thief.
or oxford or lady lake or fruitland park....and thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never absolved TV residents either. There are low lifes across society
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.