Thief among us!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2015, 10:31 AM

As a server in one of The Villages' restaurants, I can attest that there are plenty of thieves among you. Favorites of the locals include: salt & pepper shakers, condiment bottles, sugar canisters, beverage glasses of all shapes and sizes, utensils, napkins (both paper & cloth) spare rolls of toilet tissue that are hidden under the sink cabinets... etc.

Also, let's not forget about decorative items that are at the rec centers... they are constantly being replaced...
Old 01-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown*server View Post
As a server in one of The Villages' restaurants, I can attest that there are plenty of thieves among you. Favorites of the locals include: salt & pepper shakers, condiment bottles, sugar canisters, beverage glasses of all shapes and sizes, utensils, napkins (both paper & cloth) spare rolls of toilet tissue that are hidden under the sink cabinets... etc.

Also, let's not forget about decorative items that are at the rec centers... they are constantly being replaced...

Seabreeze has all of those beautiful candles and they stay right there.

At our age we villagers have given away more salt and pepper shakers than anonymous servers are old.

I just have to say Boy Howdy.

AND GO BUCKS.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:47 AM

Gracie, just because I am anonymous does not mean that I lie or am old. I take affront to that snide comment.

I work in The Villages. I am a Village resident. I am of age to reside here, as I am 55.

There ARE thieves among you. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Go ask a recreation supervisor inside one the buildings and ask them how often things go missing. Then, come back here and tell me I'm wrong.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:

I know many Villagers that take things. I actually turned someone in one time to a restaurant.
I remember when City Fire had these really cool salt and pepper shakers. It didn't take long before most of them were stolen !!!
The sad thing is, these are the people who will then complain that they had to ask for salt & pepper !!
They take all the sweet and low and then say something like, it's only sugar, it's not really stealing !!

Last edited by Bonny; 01-11-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Gracie, just because I am anonymous does not mean that I lie or am old. I take affront to that snide comment.

I work in The Villages. I am a Village resident. I am of age to reside here, as I am 55.
  • There ARE thieves among you. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Go ask a recreation supervisor inside one the buildings and ask them how often things go missing. Then, come back here and tell me I'm wrong.
  • You aren't wrong but I think you are exaggerating the problem.

And if you work in one of our country club restaurants or one of our villages restaurants, you are the best of best at your job. What I am saying for people who don't live here, that this place isn't a slum or a dive or a place where you really have to worry about stuff like this. Yes things are stolen, but not like in other places where other type folks live who have not been raised like most of us have.

OH. I give up.

Go for the negativity. Have at it.

ONE MORE THING. There is NOWHERE in this country that all of those beautiful accessories at Seabreeze would stay in a publicly owned place like they do here. We are a nice bunch of ethical people overall.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:33 AM

Soon as I get home I'm gonna lock myself in the house,, I'm always trying
to be picked up or stolen, the nerve of these woman.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Well, like the old adage -- "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

You never know what is important to someone.
It doesn't have to have value in terms of the almighty dollar sign for someone to want something they don't have.
"And here's to you Mrs. Robinson". Welcome to TOTV
Old 01-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:

Seriously? Wow......
Old 01-11-2015, 10:17 PM

Isn't it amazing that some people think that they are entitled to someone else's property that they haven't earned?
Old 01-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Sage
Default Thief among us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Deanna View Post
Isn't it amazing that some people think that they are entitled to someone else's property that they haven't earned?
Well, we live in an amazing place, and are lucky to be here. However, we have the usual cast of characters who live amongst us - but I personally believe there are fewer of them here than one would normally find in a population this size. My basic tendency is to believe in someone, or some group, until proven otherwise.

And I must say with what has been going on lately (globally) my trust is more than a bit shaken.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:37 PM

I too hear all these nice stories about honest people in the paper. No luck with what happened to me. My little ID purse fell out of my cart near Mallory on my way to the Miona Rec Center. I backtracked but never found it. I had my ID and $60 in there. When I returned home two hours later I had a message on my machine saying my little ID purse was found. I was so happy until I got there and saw the $60 was gone. At least I had the ID but the money was gone. The story was that an Ambassador found it on the path and brought it to the golf shop there at Mallory. So either a stranger, an Ambassador or someone at the desk took the money. No way of knowing.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWN MARIE View Post
I too hear all these nice stories about honest people in the paper. No luck with what happened to me. My little ID purse fell out of my cart near Mallory on my way to the Miona Rec Center. I backtracked but never found it. I had my ID and $60 in there. When I returned home two hours later I had a message on my machine saying my little ID purse was found. I was so happy until I got there and saw the $60 was gone. At least I had the ID but the money was gone. The story was that an Ambassador found it on the path and brought it to the golf shop there at Mallory. So either a stranger, an Ambassador or someone at the desk took the money. No way of knowing.
It sounds like an advance reward was believed to be in order.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Veteran member

The root of all evil.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Veteran member

There seems to be no shortage of people in TV with absolutely no morals who are willing to steal from others or from stores. So sad that they were apparently raised with no parental supervision or values. Apples don't fall far from the tree.....
Old 01-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

OK... got most of the usual reactions. It was probably taken a confused person (or with dementia), some sort of karma will get them someday, nobody would steal something like an old practice ball caddy (nobody shoplifts at the dollar store?), there is easy access by outsiders, and "the Villagers are honest!!"
Isn't it time for "we have to be more careful about who rents!!!"
When anyone mentions a theft or some wrongdoing we get this knee-jerk reaction as if to mention it is condemning the entire Villages. It's starting to sound like "it's a religion of peace" whenever there is a terrorist bombing.
Oh... now someone will get upset "how can you call the Villagers terrorists!!"

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.