Things that Annoy you

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

I'd classify as minor inconvenience:
* Biting my tongue or inside of my mouth
* Forgetting to take a tissue out of my pocket before washing the item
* Using a pencil eraser and the paper looks worse than before I erased
* Having identical pairs of black and brown shoes and looking down to see you have a black shoe on one foot and a brown shoe on the other
* Waiting at a red light when no cars are going any direction
* People that crack their gum
* Wet socks/shoes

My main peeve is sitting in a restaurant with a family at another table and each has their own electronic device. No conversation or interaction, just rapid finger motion.

The reality is that life is too short to even think twice about any of these things. Except I am very aware of my electronic devices when I am with friends and family. They are stowed away and hope that I can lead by example.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I used to get annoyed when young women in service jobs called me "Sweetie" or "Honey", but I found a way to stop them. I just start calling them "Sugar T*ts", and that seems to put us back on a less familiar basis fairly quickly.
Sugar Tits is kind of sexist, isn't it? "Sweetie" of "Honey" annoys you? Hmm. That's just a "southern" thing that I've grown up with for 61.9 years. You must of been raised "up north" and you might be surprised to know that if you say that to her BEFORE you get your food, it might be spit in. Food for thought....., but then again, it's YOUR food.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage

Having to walk to an adjoining Villa neighborhood, that backs up to our house, to tell the owner of a German Shepard that allowing their dog to bark continuously after they have let it out into their Villa yard diminishes the enjoyment for my wife and I using our lanai.

The annoying thing is not the walk, or the dog, but the fact that I would have to tell an adult that in the first place
Old 03-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I say this because I am a softie when it comes to animals/pets/critters: people tbat post lost but no follow up to let us know baby is still missing or found.

A similar annoyance but this time because I am a sandy beach: people who post questions, we do all your homework for you, and you disappear. No nothing. No thanks. No nothing.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:30 AM

In a restaurant having dinner while the family at the next table is practicing every poor table manner you can think of. Eating and talking with mouths full; belching; burping; talking loudly. What's really bad, is that the children with them are learning from this behavior.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Sage

Some of my favorites are in no particular order:
1. Driving slow in the left lane on a two lane parkway/street and having no intention of passing anyone and refusing to move over.
2. People talking so loudly to a person seated two feet away from them in that you can hear them halfway across the room. They may think what they have to say comes out in tablet form but it has disturbed hearing some performances on the square.
3. People who block movement and are totally unaware of their surroundings when shopping, as if they are the only person in the store.
4. People who gets in the ten items or less lane and have 30 items in their cart. They can't count to ten but if they give the cashier a $100 bill, and their total is $61, they can count their $39 of change.
5. People who exhibit an "it's all about me attitude". I expect this from a 10 year old person and not someone who has lived 50 plus years.

Time to calm down, so my lunch will go down.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Some of my favorites are in no particular order:
1. Driving slow in the left lane on a two lane parkway/street and having no intention of passing anyone and refusing to move over.
2. People talking so loudly to a person seated two feet away from them in that you can hear them halfway across the room. They may think what they have to say comes out in tablet form but it has disturbed hearing some performances on the square.
3. People who block movement and are totally unaware of their surroundings when shopping, as if they are the only person in the store.
4. People who gets in the ten items or less lane and have 30 items in their cart. They can't count to ten but if they give the cashier a $100 bill, and their total is $61, they can count their $39 of change.
5. People who exhibit an "it's all about me attitude". I expect this from a 10 year old person and not someone who has lived 50 plus years.

Time to calm down, so my lunch will go down.
Re yours 2BNTV:
1. Worse, they do this driving parallel to a semi that's in the right lane for a mile.
2. What?
3. Yes, cart down the middle - or they stand next to it blocking the opening - needing 6 "excuse me's" - because of #2.
4. Or of course slowly writing a check - or debit and takes 5 tries to recall their code #.
5. You talkin' 'bout me???

Hope lunch settled...
Old 03-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Sage

short people
Old 03-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
short people

Is it true they have no reason to live ?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.