Things are begining to move

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Default Things are begining to move

We received and accepted an offer on our house tonight subject to the buyers house being sold. Hopefully this will occur shortly so we can make our move to TV. At least we are on "first base". Not much longer now!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

I don't know how much things r moving as my house has been for sale for 2 years and I have had a total of 7 familys look at it. No offers.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
We received and accepted an offer on our house tonight subject to the buyers house being sold. Hopefully this will occur shortly so we can make our move to TV. At least we are on "first base". Not much longer now!!!
Best of Luck to you.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2at View Post
I don't know how much things r moving as my house has been for sale for 2 years and I have had a total of 7 familys look at it. No offers.
Is the home for sale in TV or elsewhere?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2at View Post
Our realtor says that if there are not enough showings than you may be priced too high.

Bill, of Bill and Brillo had a post on here saying that you should make your house priced as low as "you can stomach", and we followed his advice. Our home in Cincy burbs would have sold for close to 400K seven years ago, and we put it on the market for 299,900. We have had it on the market for a week and have shown it four times. The best way to see what your house is probably worth is to look on Trulia. It isn't really what it is worth, but what the banks will appraise it for. All the short sales have devalued all of our property, I believe.

We took Bill's tough advice just simply because now is the time for us to enjoy life. We are both 70.

Just sayin'. Not meant to offend.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Gold member

Good news and good luck to you! I agree with graciegirl. Price your house according to comparative prices of what other houses sold for in your area. I see quite a few houses in my area of Chesapeake, VA that have been on the market for three months or more. They are priced way too high! We are going to put our house on the market soon probably at least 30k less than other houses in the area. Our incentive is GETTING TO TV AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Have a wonderful day! Good luck selling your house too gracie girl!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:22 AM

Gracie, as usual, hit it smack dab on the nail. It is tough sometimes to take such a beating on a house you have probably grown to love. Just a bit north of Gracie, near Dayton (Beavercreek), we returnerd in January a year ago from making our purchase here in the villages and put our house on the market in late January, had six or seven showings, sold it in late April, we had closed here on 14 March, and by the first week in May we were in the Villages, rather than spending our last summer in Ohio as we had planned and working until August as we also planned. Wanted to ease into the temperture differencer, but we quickly learned how to time those things and the summer was grand.

The pricing of, and selling of houses is a different environment in 2011, and you have to change with that environment to be successful and get on with the next phase. We haven't looked back, and after a wonderful first year in The Villages don't intend to now.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our realtor says that if there are not enough showings than you may be priced too high.

Bill, of Bill and Brillo had a post on here saying that you should make your house priced as low as "you can stomach", and we followed his advice. Our home in Cincy burbs would have sold for close to 400K seven years ago, and we put it on the market for 299,900. We have had it on the market for a week and have shown it four times. The best way to see what your house is probably worth is to look on Trulia. It isn't really what it is worth, but what the banks will appraise it for. All the short sales have devalued all of our property, I believe.

We took Bill's tough advice just simply because now is the time for us to enjoy life. We are both 70.

Gracie:

You were smart to follow Bill's advice as he is a smart person.

I will go to trulia to check it out but my place is only a couple of thousand over the appraised value. Hopefully, my June 12th open house will yield a buyer.

I am hoping for the best and wish everyone luck in moving toward their dreams by selling their home.

As a friend of mine says, "at our age, we are looking downhill". He mentioned the prevailing wisdom of people who have said that biting the bullet to get on with their dreams is the more important.

Just sayin... Not to offend anyone.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Great advise,we are in a new and different real estate market.You have to do whatever it takes to get the property sold in today's market.My partner just sold her home for $40,000 under a 3 year old bank appraisal, and Lexington,Ky has a really stable market, with very few short sales or foreclosures.Good luck to you all , hope to see you at Market Square on the dance floor.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Default thngs beginning to move

We leave in southern Indiana, outside of Louisville, KY. The offer was about $7,000 under listed price. This is not what we hoped for as we had already reduced the price $10,000 but this is what the market is dictating. Now waiting for her house to sell. Dominoes!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
Gracie, as usual, hit it smack dab on the nail.
They don't call her "sage" fer nothin'!

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 PM

If you live up noth as I do in Jersey you are going to have to come down on your price of the home, But you are not really losing money because you are now buying a home in TV worth far less than you will be paying for it,,It all works out the same you lose selling your house but gain by buyiong one.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
Gcrisp,

Have you retained the right to continue to show your home? I don't want to be mama gloom and doom, but I have seen friends get burned with these "Hubbard Clauses." If your buyers home doesn't sell quickly, then you have effectively taken your house off the market - just at good time of year to sell. Also, some Hubbard's become dominoes as each buyer wants to protect themselves...

k
Old 06-03-2011, 05:43 PM

We're in Delaware. Our house has been on the market for almost a year. We've lowered the price twice. We've had two offers in the last month. Our house is now listed as "Active with Contract." We're waiting to see if the buyers can get everything finalized.

My real complaint is that both buyers want $8,000 help with settlement costs. It seems that is the norm around here. The buyers feel entitled to my money to make settlement on the house they want to buy.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 06-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage

gracie and 2BNTV - Thank you for your compliments....you're makin' me blush! Best wishes to the both of you on getting your places sold - - - and everyone else as well who is in the same scenario. I'm just glad we ate our "humble pie" a few years back and were able to move on, painful as it was. But it's all in the past as far as we're concerned.

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.