Things to do, places to go?

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Default Things to do, places to go?

I'm wondering what suggestions people have for things to do, and places to go, in FL. I'm putting together my FL bucket list -- things I'd like to do, places I'd like to visit in the next 1-2 years. ANY suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeinetti View Post
I'm wondering what suggestions people have for things to do, and places to go, in FL. I'm putting together my FL bucket list -- things I'd like to do, places I'd like to visit in the next 1-2 years. ANY suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Pete
www.aaa.com redirect
MyFlorida.com - Home
Google
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Veteran member

A few of my favorites when I moved to Florida are Historic St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Silver Springs, Tarpon Springs (authentic Greek sponging community with wonderful Greek food), the Dali Museum and the whole Tampa/St Petersburg area, Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Center, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Cedar Key, Homossasa Springs State Park, of course the beaches of the Florida panhandle. I love the natural beauty of Florida, not too big on flat old southern Florida. Too much man made. Nature is beautiful without too much commercialization. There are wonderful cruises from Cape Canaveral and Tampa. All of these are close by, however I usually cruise Celebrity, so I have to go south to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Those are lovely areas, but very commercial. You will also want to go to the Everglades and the Keys, of course. An annual State Park pass would give you a lot of bang for your buck. The prettiest places are unspoiled State Parks.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-30-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

check out AAA's past magazines "Going Places" they do a nice job of promoting a lot of FL.

People up North come here to vacation. Us residents like to find spots to escape to from TV from time to time.....and there are many, many, MANY without leaving the state. Including one's choice of at least 5 cruise ports all within easy driving distance.

btk
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM

Top off your list with a trip to the island of Boca Grande. You will be glad you did!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.