Things to think about when moving to the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Things to think about when moving to the Villages

closed in 2003 and was never told that amenity fees were frozen and they increase every year...and we were told that they would.........they showed all the figures on our closing work sheet.....Never heard or saw anything in writing that fees would be frozen. Must have dozed off during that part of the closing.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster
closed in 2003 and was never told that amenity fees were frozen and they increase every year...and we were told that they would.........they showed all the figures on our closing work sheet.....Never heard or saw anything in writing that fees would be frozen. Must have dozed off during that part of the closing.
Not sure when it chnged so yours may not have been frozen for 3 years. Ours stayed at $109 for the three years and then went up according to that Index-whatever it is.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Eternal Member

It was stated in my deed restrictions that the amenity fees was frozen for three years. Section 4.2 - the wording was "There shall be an adjustment in the amenities fee in three years and every year subsequent thereto"

This was in Marion county in 2001.

If you purchased a preowned home, I do not think the three year rule applies.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Gold member

Hi Z,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the information you provided at the beginning of this thread.

We found it extremely helpful and we now own a home in TV.

Also thanks for the insurance rebate info. It did not pertain to our house because it was built three years ago, but I did check it out.

Once again thanks.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 12-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Eternal Member

Bump. Nothing added. Just moving it back to the top for the new members.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Gold member

From someone who has just moved into TV all of the information that has been provided by Z is excellent. I saved his info in a special document - made it easier to find.

Also Z, would you consider adding the information about Home Owners Insurance and the site where to get the free inspection for wind?

Thank you once again.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 12-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
From someone who has just moved into TV all of the information that has been provided by Z is excellent. I saved his info in a special document - made it easier to find.

Also Z, would you consider adding the information about Home Owners Insurance and the site where to get the free inspection for wind?

Thank you once again.

Hyacinth Bucket
Would you like to get a rebate on your home owners insurance? Here is a chance to get one.

The state of Florida has been offering a free wind inspection program for quite a while now. From what I read at the site it is still free. When I called my homeowner's insurance company to see what this meant to me, they said that if you qualify, you can get up a rebate on your hurricane coverage that is in your homeowner's policy.

I had my home inspected and the inspector gave me completed form to give to my insurance company. The inspection takes about 1/2 hour. They check up in the attic for the number of nails in the joists and the type of strapping that holds the roof to the base of the house and other items. They also check outside for certain structural items. Certain roof styles also qualify for an additional rebate.

I asked why we had to have the inspections since we live in TV and all houses should be the same. He replied that just because all of the houses look alike does not mean that the builders followed the same rules.

For most houses in my section of TV, there is a $200-600 reduction of our insurance rates. This means a rebate check if you pay in full or a reduction in your monthly payment if you pay monthly. And the inspection is noted on your policy for the following years.

The wind inspection has nothing to do with the rebate program that was highlighted in the Daily Sun today.

Go to www.mysafefloridahome.com and click on Wind Inspections on the left hand side and go to the Q&A to see if you qualify. Most of us do. Read the information at the site to see what you need to do to arrange for a free wind inspection for your home. Then click on the Application for Wind Inspection to fill out a wind inspection form.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:55 AM

Thanks Z - now that we are homeowners and our printer is back to working, I'm saving this for when we come in February. The info is a biggggg help.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Sage

I had a free "My Safe Florida Home" inspection, and my house insurance premium was reduced as a result.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Gold member

To all Wannabees and Newbees

There is excellent info in this thread.

HB
Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Default WHY ISN"T THIS A "STICKY"?

Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top. Great info. This REALLY should be a "sticky"! :
Old 07-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to smalldog

The Villages Florida
Small Dog Sez if I may paraphrase the statement on the POA web page many things are done quite well here but there are a few things that aren't and whether or not you wish to work at addressing them is a newbies choice :dontknow:
one thing that blindsided us was the shear size and scope of the place
this means that since you are new you will have to work at being included in things of your intrest .... many neighborhoods have social clubs that help getting to know folks ..... in the newer neighbor hoods it might be a bit easier since everyone just got there and is in the same boat .... Of course that is a two edged sword were it not for the large size somethings could not be done as well as they are and together with the large size it often means large crowds at popular affairs : ... also some problems not as common to small towns ... America's home town is not a small town 8)
then there is the hassle of finding medical people of your personal approval
........ again depending on your needs( happens any time you change locations) .... and don't discard all your winter wear .. we do get brief visits from old man winter
Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Gold member

livsea, I agree with you. This request was made to the Administrators a long time ago. The response was no.

I do not recall why they responded with a no, but it is definitely worth another try.

HB
Old 07-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
livsea, I agree with you. This request was made to the Administrators a long time ago. The response was no.

I do not recall why they responded with a no, but it is definitely worth another try.

HB
I put in a request to make it a sticky quite a while back and it was nixed by Tony. I don't remember why but I let it go.

I try to repost with the latest updates during the last week of each the month. I posted the latest on June 26. June 26 is in the title in the body of the note.

Z

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.