Think I saw the worst car driver in TV today

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2019, 02:59 PM
Gold member
Default Think I saw the worst car driver in TV today

I was on my way back fro Walgreens on Parr drive when ahead of me I saw a man giving directions to
a mother and her young children. Obviously they were needing help to get somewhere.
As I was following behind them on Belvedere going towards Buena Vista.
A silver Caddy pulls over into the cart lane next to them. I could see the mother was startled.
I thought the guy in the Caddy was just not spacially gifted.
When I got to the Buena Vista cart path I caught up with the young family and I was telling themhow to get to LSL.
The mother said to me did you hear what the guy in the Caddy yelled at us, she said the the guy yelled
“Your going to die,” I was really caught off guard by that, and all I could tell them was, there are jerks everywhere!
The real fact as I saw it was that the family was driving very safely, fully inside the cart lane,
and the only thing putting them in danger was the actions of the car driver.
My only hope is that this mother and her children
will remember the two guys that took
time to try to help them, which might offset the behavior of one dangerous jerk!

Last edited by Fredster; 07-19-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
I was on my way back fro Walgreens on Parr drive when ahead of me I saw a man giving directions to
a mother and her young children. Obviously they were needing help to get somewhere.
A silver Caddy pulls over into the cart lane next to them. I could see the mother was startled.
When I got to the Buena Vista cart path I caught up with the young family and I was telling themhow to get to LSL.
The mother said to me did you hear what the guy in the Caddy yelled at us, she said the the guy yelled
“Your going to die,” I was really caught off guard by that, and all I could tell them there are jerks everywhere!
The real fact as I saw it was that the family was driving very safely, fully inside the cart lane,
time to try to help them, which might offset the behavior of one dangerous jerk!
Yep. Unfortunately there are a few. Chances are by the description of the car and river he probably had trouble seeing out over the windshield while cruising his yacht!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Yep. Unfortunately there are a few. Chances are by the description of the car and river he probably had trouble seeing out over the windshield while cruising his yacht!
That’s what I thought when I first saw him drift into the cart lane,
but the mom told me he rolled his window down and yelled at them!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Maybe on drugs? Or he had a psychotic episode? This driver seriously has a problem. He threatened them!

And fortunately for them, you were there.

Last edited by Velvet; 07-19-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:37 PM

Too bad she never got a plate number and reported the incident to police. What he did and what he said could both be criminal in nature and chargeable offences.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityMarv View Post
Too bad she never got a plate number and reported the incident to police. What he did and what he said could both be criminal in nature and chargeable offences.
I was some distance behind them when he yelled at them, so I didn’t hear what he said,
but if I had, I would have tried to get his plate number!
Old 07-19-2019, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Maybe this was from the same Genepool. I don't usually report any driving infractions on here because what good does it really do but today a Dark Red Small Buick SUV followed me in the Golf Cart Lane from the Hysterical Golf Cart Bridge all the way past St. Timothy's to the Morse Circle. They had every intention of following me on the Golf Cart Paver Roundabout complete with a POST TO STOP CARS. It didn't have any effect on this driver. The person jumped the right-hand curb and was gonna follow me. I just stopped and let them come to the conclusion that they were in forbidden territory. They backed up, got on the Asphalt Roadway and rocked their way up El Camino Real at Nascar like speed. I hope they didn't hurt anyone, they had something on their mind.

You know lately people have been even more rotten to one another than ever before. Especially around Supermarkets or with people who are moving slow trying to negotiate their way to or from a store at a Strip Mall. Maybe its the Heat. It only takes a Second to be Nice, It only takes a Second to Ruin Somebodys and Your Own Life! Chill Out!

Last edited by Nucky; 07-19-2019 at 08:23 PM. Reason: El Camino not Buena Vista.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Maybe this was from the same Genepool. I don't usually report any driving infractions on here because what good does it really do but today a Dark Red Small Buick SUV followed me in the Golf Cart Lane from the Hysterical Golf Cart Bridge all the way past St. Timothy's to the Morse Circle. They had every intention of following me on the Golf Cart Paver Roundabout complete with a POST TO STOP CARS. It didn't have any effect on this driver. The person jumped the right-hand curb and was gonna follow me. I just stopped and let them come to the conclusion that they were in forbidden territory. They backed up, got on the Asphalt Roadway and rocked their way up El Camino Real at Nascar like speed. I hope they didn't hurt anyone, they had something on their mind.

You know lately people have been even more rotten to one another than ever before. Especially around Supermarkets or with people who are moving slow trying to negotiate their way to or from a store at a Strip Mall. Maybe its the Heat. It only takes a Second to be Nice, It only takes a Second to Ruin Somebodys and Your Own Life! Chill Out!
That has me curious - where are the local police department, closest to the three different town squares? Does the Community Watch have the authority to make arrests and use force if necessary? Do they have an official spot or headquarters within the town squares, or near them?

If someone was following me around and was spooking me, I'd lead them right to the police department front door. Hard to do in a golf cart if the police department isn't accessible by golf cart though?
Old 07-20-2019, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
“Your going to die,” I was really caught off guard by that, and all I could tell them was, there are jerks everywhere!
First of all it was not me. BUT, who was the cause is debatable.
Stopping in the middle of the street to give someone directions?
Pulling over to a safe place would be the right and considerate thing to do.

The guy in the Cadillac seems he politely told them they could get killed doing what they chose to do.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Can't blame the Snowbirds.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post

The guy in the Cadillac seems he politely told them they could get killed doing what they chose to do.
My impression from the original post was that the guy in the Cadillac was yelling at them, not showing concern for them. Not considering they may never have been in a golf cart before or in TV or that it was a young family etc. It sounds like he was irritated. In my opinion those irritable kinds of people should not be allowed to drive among the rest of us in the first place. People will make mistakes and you can correct them - but appropriately.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Local police departments?
Old 07-20-2019, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Local police departments?
Are you asking me to clarify my question? Or are you not understanding what the term "local police department" means?
Old 07-20-2019, 11:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post

The mom didn’t stop in the cart lane on Belvedere, this was after the first fellow helps her on the cart path by the library!
It was absolutely wrong driving into the cart lane next to them when traveling in the same direction on Belvedere!

As I witnessed it, the mom was driving the cart in a very safe manner, and in no way was
responsible for bringing on the unsafe and threatening actions of the driver.

Last edited by Fredster; 07-20-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That has me curious - where are the local police department, closest to the three different town squares? Does the Community Watch have the authority to make arrests and use force if necessary? Do they have an official spot or headquarters within the town squares, or near them?

If someone was following me around and was spooking me, I'd lead them right to the police department front door. Hard to do in a golf cart if the police department isn't accessible by golf cart though?
The Villages is policed by the Sumter County Sheriff. The Marion County Sheriff, and the Fruitland Park and Wildwood and Lady Lake police departments. BUT. The exact incident may have been enlarged, diminished or inaccurately reported in numerous ways. If someone was stopped in the street for any reason, that is not a good plan. People might react in any of their languages;

West Coast. Cool. You been here long?
Middle part of country. You would be safer if you pulled off the road to talk.
East Coast. You are gonna get killed or get other people killed, idiot.
Canada. Nice cart.
Below the border. Nice dog.
British. Nice clubs.

Tags
mother, cart, caddy, guy, children

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.