Thinking of Buying a place and renting it out for now. Lots of Questions.

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 11:38 AM

We rented in Alhambra and the location is excellent...650 homes, 5 min to Savannah the biggest rec center in TV - pools, courts etc and El Santiago rec center 5 min by cart. 2.3 mi to Spanish Spring and less tha 5 mi to Sumter Landing...we loved it so much we bought here....one of the friendliest neighborhoods. Patio villas rent for 3k in season and less out of season like everyone else. Expect $10k easy in season and rent it yourself easily.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts
Default You could be right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimturner View Post
I hope your right, but I see a dip by late spring, to early summer. Send me this post to eat my words if I'm wrong. LOL
I think you have a better than 50% chance of being correct. In addition, my personal opinion is that prices will fall following build out in 2017 or 2018. PM me for my reasons and discussion.

I couldn't make buying a house and renting it out "work"---at current prices and expenses (taxes, insurance, fees etc.) ---with my pencil. However, some seem to have a sharper pencil than mine!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Default Prices seem to vary a little over a regular year

I doubt we will see what happened in 2006 in the next few years. More expensive homes may be less in demand but smaller, more reasonable ones go quickly.

This is still the fastest growing place in Florida and I doubt that will change for a long while.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Veteran member

Be very careful, we had a very bad experience with a long term renter.
He said he wanted 1 year, but after going Dec though Mar he started to complain about stupid things to get out of the lease agreement. He even threaten to sue me for $500 for work he said he did on the property (against our contract). I let him out of the contract just to get rid of him.

Just did 3 months after that.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.