Thinking outside the box - accelerating back to normal

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2020, 06:01 AM

Does anyone read their own stuff and think wow how did that happen.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:20 AM

Nobody mentioned how this idea would overwhelm the hospitals and exhaust medical staff. Perhaps you were being satirical? If so, then those choosing to throw caution to the wind should not be allowed to go to the hospital. They are on their own in their home.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I believe in "The Theory of Three" as put forth in the book "The Toyota Way"

So, I invite 'skarra' (who made the OP) to purchase a pair of Dr. Scholl's inserts, walk around "gelling" for a couple of days and see if another idea comes up...and take a different route to stimulate your thought process...try walking at different times of the day too

Otherwise it's just this one plan - and we have to take it or leave it! We need an approach that EVERYBODY can get behind

With "The Theory of Three" you have at least one alternative, with which you then begin to modify, taking the best from each approach and create a third solution (and yes you can create as many alternate solutions as you desire)

fingers crossed that he'll follow through
Old 04-18-2020, 06:27 AM

It sure sounds like it to me.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post
I understand there is a lot of frustration at staying at home, and some wonder is it worth it? i.e. is the cure worse than the disease, and is it worth giving up our civil liberties?

Here's my idea on making everyone happy. If I were President I would propose the following starting May 1st -

1. People who are compromised or don't feel they wish to play Russian roulette - stay at home like you have been doing already. They will need to stock up on TP, and keep watching Netflix etc. for the entire month of May.

2. For the others who do not fear the virus because they are young, healthy, or just feel immune to it all - we setup Covid-19 stations and beginning May 1st they line up to get their dose of infection. They need to be infected because by May 31st, they will get a card that says they are now immune and can now do whatever they want from that point on - go to parks, go to restaurants and bars (populated with like minded people), get back to work and even visit beaches - they will have all their freedoms back because they can not spread anything. It will be a small price to pay (1% or 2% deaths), but that is what Darwinism is all about. And if they really are strong, there's nothing to worry about.

Now the "participants" have to get infected beginning May 1st because we need to know for certain by May 31st that they had it and survived with immunity. After that they can either enjoy life, or do useful community service for the rest of the people still stuck at home by doing gardening and home delivery of groceries and restaurant orders. Maybe we pay them people $600 per week until they discover a vaccine for everyone else. The big plus is that the folk in 2. will have contributed to herd immunity and they will forever go down as heroes. (statues in every park?) For people in group 1., they will wait a little longer for the vaccine and with so many of the herd now "neutralized" they will not need to worry so much about making the occasional trip outside.

What do you think? Who's ready to start lining up for their dose of Covid-19 beginning May 1st?

I think this solves all the problems ... that's what all this walking has done to me. Given me time to solve the worlds problems.
I first I thought this person's message was a spoof on what was going on, but I soon came to realize (s)he was for real. And then I uttered some four-letter words to myself, on top of what we all saw on TV yesterday with the protesters, some with firearms, in East Lansing, Mich.; Richmond, Va.; the president's message; the beaches opening up in Jacksonville today (where is DeSantis?), etc. COVID-19 caused by the coronavirus is silent and invisible, so even though there are those in the U.S. population that think they are invincible, there are two reasons for extreme cause for concern: (1) they are NOT so invincible since the virus strikes at will regardless of age; and (2) their reckless behavior by not social distancing puts the rest of us as responsible citizens/Villagers at risk, again because this deadly enemy can't be seen, felt, smelled or touched. Heaven help us all until we get the testing that is required!
Old 04-18-2020, 06:32 AM

You don’t need a medical degree to espouse common sense. How many degrees do the modelers of those doom and gloom projections, foreseeing 2 million + dead, have? Deaths now projected at no more than a common flu season. The numbers don’t add up, so it’s becoming increasing difficult to maintain faith in models and projections, and forestall my civil liberties based on fallacies.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:34 AM

Exactly which civil rights have you given up? Just answer that one question.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:35 AM

I love your satire. Unfortunately, some did not get it.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:46 AM

So, who will take care of you if our hospitals are overrun (like some states).
Then you'll say "why didn't the government....
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post
I understand there is a lot of frustration at staying at home, and some wonder is it worth it? i.e. is the cure worse than the disease, and is it worth giving up our civil liberties?

Here's my idea on making everyone happy. If I were President I would propose the following starting May 1st -

1. People who are compromised or don't feel they wish to play Russian roulette - stay at home like you have been doing already. They will need to stock up on TP, and keep watching Netflix etc. for the entire month of May.

2. For the others who do not fear the virus because they are young, healthy, or just feel immune to it all - we setup Covid-19 stations and beginning May 1st they line up to get their dose of infection. They need to be infected because by May 31st, they will get a card that says they are now immune and can now do whatever they want from that point on - go to parks, go to restaurants and bars (populated with like minded people), get back to work and even visit beaches - they will have all their freedoms back because they can not spread anything. It will be a small price to pay (1% or 2% deaths), but that is what Darwinism is all about. And if they really are strong, there's nothing to worry about.

Now the "participants" have to get infected beginning May 1st because we need to know for certain by May 31st that they had it and survived with immunity. After that they can either enjoy life, or do useful community service for the rest of the people still stuck at home by doing gardening and home delivery of groceries and restaurant orders. Maybe we pay them people $600 per week until they discover a vaccine for everyone else. The big plus is that the folk in 2. will have contributed to herd immunity and they will forever go down as heroes. (statues in every park?) For people in group 1., they will wait a little longer for the vaccine and with so many of the herd now "neutralized" they will not need to worry so much about making the occasional trip outside.

What do you think? Who's ready to start lining up for their dose of Covid-19 beginning May 1st?

I think this solves all the problems ... that's what all this walking has done to me. Given me time to solve the worlds problems.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Were no way suffering in the bubble my guess is 90% of us are financially stable
Mentally stable not so sure..Were not suffering by any means only experiencing social disconnect from our friends.
I would rather be inconvenience few more weeks..That experience an uptick in the spread of covid cases all we have gained back past few weeks will disappear in an instant
Old 04-18-2020, 07:05 AM

you can't put a date on it
Old 04-18-2020, 07:09 AM

Just look at her profile. University of Sears Roebuck.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:23 AM

I may be wrong, but I thought I had read that you can get it again.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:23 AM

The return to "normal" MUST BE SLOW or the virus will strike again. Out and about mid May WITH MASKS, and social distancing..... Normal from 1st June.....still with precautions... Slow but sure.....
Old 04-18-2020, 07:25 AM

The post gave me a chuckle. As for those getting uptight about it, relax. Do you really the idea from the OP could/would ever get adopted.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, 1st, home, beginning, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.