Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Default water soft. pressure

no you do not lose any water pressure
drd
Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
We've watered plants with softened water for years... never had a problem. Plants always thrived! Never heard you couldn't do this. Probably my plants never heard of it either!
We were told by the salesman, our neighbors who had them and the water experts at Sears waterline to not use water that went through the conditioner on plants. What can I say...this is what the experts told me.....

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I appreciate it and I will ask about where the bipass valve is.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

on another thread, someone posted a Kansas State study that says there is added salt in the conditioned water. So, a couple of thoughts:

1) use potassium chloride instead, the plants and people love it. It's about $20/bag instead of the $5 bag for salt.
2) My understanding is that the outside bibs contain "non-potable" water for irrigation only. Maybe I'm wrong and that's only the sprinkler?? But I thought I'd heard you shouldn't drink from an outside hose, it's not treated (and thus not conditioned either).
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
on another thread, someone posted a Kansas State study that says there is added salt in the conditioned water. So, a couple of thoughts:

1) use potassium chloride instead, the plants and people love it. It's about $20/bag instead of the $5 bag for salt.
2) My understanding is that the outside bibs contain "non-potable" water for irrigation only. Maybe I'm wrong and that's only the sprinkler?? But I thought I'd heard you shouldn't drink from an outside hose, it's not treated (and thus not conditioned either).
The outside bibs are potable water. Only the irrigation system is non-potable water
Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post

#2, you really got some bad information. I would go back to that person for a further explanation.
It is potable, don't drink from the sprinklers in your yard.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.