Three Designer Models Missing

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Default Three Designer Models Missing

I noticed on the villages website that the floor plans and pictures for several designer home models have disappeared from the website. I believe this happened in April. I know the Mandevilla is no longer listed and I believe that two more (Camden? and Juniper?) appear to have also been deleted.

Does anybody know why these models are no longer listed? Have they been discontinued or are they making some changes in these designs. I know the Mandevilla was not one of the most popular designs but the basic design has been around for many years under different names (Oleander and Hawthorne) so I would be surprised if they discontinued it.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Sage
Default Oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
I noticed on the villages website that the floor plans and pictures for several designer home models have disappeared from the website. I believe this happened in April. I know the Mandevilla is no longer listed and I believe that two more (Camden? and Juniper?) appear to have also been deleted.

Does anybody know why these models are no longer listed? Have they been discontinued or are they making some changes in these designs. I know the Mandevilla was not one of the most popular designs but the basic design has been around for many years under different names (Oleander and Hawthorne) so I would be surprised if they discontinued it.

Geez Niels, I thought you were referring to 3 of Tiger's ex-girlfriends.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Pturner! You made me howl! That is great!

Army Guy
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Geez Niels, I thought you were referring to 3 of Tiger's ex-girlfriends.
P. You may not be as old as I am but you are every danged bit as ornery!

I think they change the models around from time to time, add new ones and drop old ones. The Juniper and the Lantana are the same floor plan, one frame and one block and stucco.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Default New models

I was told last week from are salesperson that the current model center will be moving to a new location in Pennecamp by the end of June. I was told that those three model were to be discontinued. The inference was that others will be offered. It was also implied the the finishing option will be modified. But who knows.

The Pennecamp model are near the the premium models.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Question New Models???

I am moving down as soon as we sell or lease this home. I have been looking through the models quite a bit. I noticed there is a Lilac III lister but I do not find a floorplan for it. One of the Villages I have been looking at is Penecamp. I wonder if they are going to make it commercial since you mention a sales office. I really would not want a commercial area right in my Village.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You need not worry about Pennecamp or any village becoming commercial. They have designated furnished models in locations in the newest villages that they sell furnished after they are finished building in that village and then they go to another location and build another group of models and furnish them. They are usually grouped together and never just open every day like models up North. You have to view them either at an open house or with a Villages rep. They move them every eight or nine months it seems. There is no feeling of commerce, no sales office, just nice houses in a group together that from time to time are shown.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-13-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonfl View Post
I was told last week from are salesperson that the current model center will be moving to a new location in Pennecamp by the end of June. I was told that those three model were to be discontinued. The inference was that others will be offered. It was also implied the the finishing option will be modified. But who knows.

I'm surprised that they would already be building a new model home center since they just built the last one not that long ago. In fact, when we were looking in November we liked the model Mandevilla and I sat down in the living room and told the sales rep "We'll just take this house". She laughed and said I would have a long wait since it would be at least 12 to 18 months until they sold the model. So my wife and I built one just like it (except ours is better because we got the golf cart garage ).

I wonder if the Mandevilla is just getting a minor change (it's had a couple in the past) or if they will get rid of the design altogether. My wife and I loved the Mandevilla because it's about mid-size in the designer series yet has a large kitchen with an island, plenty of closet space (including a front entry closet and two walk in master bedroom closets) and the wrap around lanai works great on a corner lot.

I'm glad I already purchased mine because my wife would be upset if they discontinued the Mandevilla altogether. She was worried that the design would be discontinued before we purchased and I kept telling her that the design had been around for years and I didn't think they would be discontinuing it.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonfl View Post

Well, it does appear that they are definitely moving the model center. I saw an ad in yesterdays paper advertising the model homes for sale.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.