Three Squares

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-18-2020, 08:47 AM
Pest62 Pest62 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Three Squares

Is there any information about whether any new squares will be built in the foreseeable future?
  #2  
Old 01-18-2020, 08:51 AM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,084
Thanks: 3
Thanked 560 Times in 238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pest62 View Post
Is there any information about whether any new squares will be built in the foreseeable future?
A fourth square will be built in Sumter County. Anything beyond this statement is pure speculation -- especially if the response states a time or a specific location. In other words, details have not been announced by the developer.
  #3  
Old 01-18-2020, 08:42 PM
kcrazorbackfan's Avatar
kcrazorbackfan kcrazorbackfan is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 3,041
Thanks: 136
Thanked 1,022 Times in 312 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
A fourth square will be built in Sumter County. Anything beyond this statement is pure speculation -- especially if the response states a time or a specific location. In other words, details have not been announced by the developer.
I read somewhere, quite some time ago, that it was projected to be north of 470 and east of 501.
__________________
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
  #4  
Old 01-18-2020, 10:36 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,560
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,230 Times in 913 Posts
Default

I remember seeing the article...it was just under the article about TV build out!!!

__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #5  
Old 01-19-2020, 06:33 AM
Ashley from UK Ashley from UK is offline
Member
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Chitty Chatty
Posts: 50
Thanks: 45
Thanked 93 Times in 34 Posts
Default

There was a lot of talk before Christmas and this is PURE SPECULATION. The corner of 470 and the turnpike intersection was suggested as a suitable place to catch future traffic. Also so peak interest with Orlando snowbirders passing down through the turnpike.

I can also see the junction opposite the state prison being a good place on the junction of 501 and 470. The reason being business is not as bothered by the neighbours or views. Both locations are slightly further than the distance from Brownwood to LSL. They are also relatively central to catchment areas. When will they be built ? AGAIN PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART. I base my assumption on the speed of development over the past year and nothing more. I would anticipate the 4th town starting some time after 2025, probably between 2025 - 2030. This will however be highly dependant on the US economy at the time, although with so many people retiring the economy is less likely to have such an impact. I would then guess that development will then continue south below 470, placing the new town in the centre. Thinking population growth though, I can't help thinking that a 5th town will be required in the south east area between 471 & 569 and 47 & 470. The 5th town would then be approximately equal distance to the 4th town. TIme wise - well, TV currently has the land and permits to build to 2043 so that kind places the announcement for town 5 around 2028 and development for around 2035-2040. Seems a long way off. Maybe but I would also expect more land to have been purchased by then. Maybe that will be when we get the monorail extension to Epcot, as Disney will have bought up all the land to Claremont
  #6  
Old 01-19-2020, 08:36 AM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2,652 Times in 882 Posts
Default

They are still building in Paddock Square so I think it will be quite a while before they start another one.
  #7  
Old 01-19-2020, 08:52 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,294
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,974 Times in 914 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
There was a lot of talk before Christmas and this is PURE SPECULATION. The corner of 470 and the turnpike intersection was suggested as a suitable place to catch future traffic. Also so peak interest with Orlando snowbirders passing down through the turnpike.

I can also see the junction opposite the state prison being a good place on the junction of 501 and 470. The reason being business is not as bothered by the neighbours or views. Both locations are slightly further than the distance from Brownwood to LSL. They are also relatively central to catchment areas. When will they be built ? AGAIN PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART. I base my assumption on the speed of development over the past year and nothing more. I would anticipate the 4th town starting some time after 2025, probably between 2025 - 2030. This will however be highly dependant on the US economy at the time, although with so many people retiring the economy is less likely to have such an impact. I would then guess that development will then continue south below 470, placing the new town in the centre. Thinking population growth though, I can't help thinking that a 5th town will be required in the south east area between 471 & 569 and 47 & 470. The 5th town would then be approximately equal distance to the 4th town. TIme wise - well, TV currently has the land and permits to build to 2043 so that kind places the announcement for town 5 around 2028 and development for around 2035-2040. Seems a long way off. Maybe but I would also expect more land to have been purchased by then. Maybe that will be when we get the monorail extension to Epcot, as Disney will have bought up all the land to Claremont
/////
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #8  
Old 01-19-2020, 10:56 AM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

Here's what we know from past history.

Spanish Springs Square opened 1994

Lake Sumter Square opened 2007

Brownwood Paddock Square opened 2013



From Villages News online:

July 10, 2018


A fourth town square south of State Road 44 is part of a 30-year road construction agreement approved Tuesday by the Sumter County Board of Commissioners.

The town square’s location is not specified on a map of future road construction, but the agreement also calls for The Villages Land Co. and The Villages Development Co. to build roads and be reimbursed by the county.

Signed by Kelsea Morse Manly, manager of The Villages Land Co., and Harper Boone, manager of The Villages Development Co., the agreement also states that The Villages companies plan to build a 432-acre industrial park south of Coleman.

“The Villages of Southern Oaks and the new industrial park will together provide significant employment and economic development,” the agreement states.

The Villages owns most of the land south of SR 44 and has completed a transportation plan for the area. Although most of the land is in Wildwood, the county is responsible for most of the roadway network.

According to the agreement, The Villages is required to “develop the 4th town center or comparable lifestyle mixed-use retail center solely within Sumter County with aggregate regionally-serving commercial square footages similar in size to the existing town centers located in Sumter County (Lake Sumter Landing or Brownwood, respectively).”

Planned regional roadway improvements are extensive and reimbursement from the Florida Department of Transportation will be available for expanding state roadways.

Planned roadway improvements include widening U.S. 301 to four lanes from SR 44 to County Road 470 and CR 470 to four lanes from U.S. 301 to the county line.

Buena Vista Boulevard will be extended south to Meggison Road, a new road that will run from SR 44, past County Road 468 to the Lake County line.

The longest continuous road starts as Marsh Bend Trail at U.S. 301, flows into Corbin Trail past CR 468 and then past CR 470, where it becomes what now is called Road C as it connects to CR 471.

Other improvements include an extension of Morse Boulevard from the curve south of SR 44, south to the Flordia Turnpike, expansion of County Road 501 currently under way, extension of County Road 525 west of U.S. 301 and development of smaller roads like Fenney Way and Reader Path. South of the curve, Morse Boulevard now is called Warm Springs Drive.

County Administrator Bradley Arnold also told commissioners that TECO Peoples Gas Co. has agreed under protest to relocate its gas line to accommodate construction of a multi-modal tunnel under CR 468 near CR 501. The gas company maintains that it is a “private golf tunnel” related to amenities in The Villages.

“PGS will relocate its facilities under protest and hereby reserves its right to collect reimbursement for all work related to this project,” the company state in a June 25 letter to Arnold.
  #9  
Old 01-19-2020, 12:10 PM
VApeople VApeople is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,231
Thanks: 110
Thanked 769 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pest62 View Post
Is there any information about whether any new squares will be built in the foreseeable future?
The new fourth square will open in 2022.

This is how I computed that date:

According to the Daily Sun, Spanish Springs opened in 1998.
LSL opened 6 years later in 2004.
Brownwood opened 8 years later in 2012.

Therefore, the new square will open 10 years later, in 2022.
  #10  
Old 01-19-2020, 12:52 PM
Rango Rango is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 677
Thanks: 165
Thanked 53 Times in 22 Posts
Default

The new square is going to be built next to the new Costco
  #11  
Old 01-19-2020, 01:18 PM
ureout ureout is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 664
Thanks: 3
Thanked 295 Times in 89 Posts
Default

lol new square ... the developer still hasn't given villagers a way to get there by golf cart.. there's a bridge but no roads to get to it.. also when are championship golf courses and restaurants going to be built... TV used to put in ALL the infrastructure for a community before it was built.. now it's like all other developers we'll build you homes 1st and then give you your amenities a little at a time
  #12  
Old 01-19-2020, 04:41 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 3,660
Thanked 1,367 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Here's what we know from past history.

Spanish Springs Square opened 1994

Lake Sumter Square opened 2007

Brownwood Paddock Square opened 2013


From Villages News online:

July 10, 2018[/B]

A fourth town square south of State Road 44 is part of a 30-year road construction agreement approved Tuesday by the Sumter County Board of Commissioners.

The town square’s location is not specified on a map of future road construction, but the agreement also calls for The Villages Land Co. and The Villages Development Co. to build roads and be reimbursed by the county.

Signed by Kelsea Morse Manly, manager of The Villages Land Co., and Harper Boone, manager of The Villages Development Co., the agreement also states that The Villages companies plan to build a 432-acre industrial park south of Coleman.

“The Villages of Southern Oaks and the new industrial park will together provide significant employment and economic development,” the agreement states.

The Villages owns most of the land south of SR 44 and has completed a transportation plan for the area. Although most of the land is in Wildwood, the county is responsible for most of the roadway network.

According to the agreement, The Villages is required to “develop the 4th town center or comparable lifestyle mixed-use retail center solely within Sumter County with aggregate regionally-serving commercial square footages similar in size to the existing town centers located in Sumter County (Lake Sumter Landing or Brownwood, respectively).”

Planned regional roadway improvements are extensive and reimbursement from the Florida Department of Transportation will be available for expanding state roadways.

Planned roadway improvements include widening U.S. 301 to four lanes from SR 44 to County Road 470 and CR 470 to four lanes from U.S. 301 to the county line.

Buena Vista Boulevard will be extended south to Meggison Road, a new road that will run from SR 44, past County Road 468 to the Lake County line.

The longest continuous road starts as Marsh Bend Trail at U.S. 301, flows into Corbin Trail past CR 468 and then past CR 470, where it becomes what now is called Road C as it connects to CR 471.

Other improvements include an extension of Morse Boulevard from the curve south of SR 44, south to the Flordia Turnpike, expansion of County Road 501 currently under way, extension of County Road 525 west of U.S. 301 and development of smaller roads like Fenney Way and Reader Path. South of the curve, Morse Boulevard now is called Warm Springs Drive.

County Administrator Bradley Arnold also told commissioners that TECO Peoples Gas Co. has agreed under protest to relocate its gas line to accommodate construction of a multi-modal tunnel under CR 468 near CR 501. The gas company maintains that it is a “private golf tunnel” related to amenities in The Villages.

“PGS will relocate its facilities under protest and hereby reserves its right to collect reimbursement for all work related to this project,” the company state in a June 25 letter to Arnold.
From today's Daily Sun Page C-1

Spanish Springs Square opened 1998
Lake Sumter Square opened 2004
Brownwood Paddock Square opened 2012

__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
  #13  
Old 01-19-2020, 04:55 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,294
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,974 Times in 914 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
lol new square ... the developer still hasn't given villagers a way to get there by golf cart.. there's a bridge but no roads to get to it.. also when are championship golf courses and restaurants going to be built... TV used to put in ALL the infrastructure for a community before it was built.. now it's like all other developers we'll build you homes 1st and then give you your amenities a little at a time
Seems like I read about a lot of new rec centers being built and opening.
BTW have you bought south of CR44?
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #14  
Old 01-19-2020, 06:56 PM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
From today's Daily Sun Page C-1

Spanish Springs Square opened 1998
Lake Sumter Square opened 2004
Brownwood Paddock Square opened 2012

I was going by memory on two of these. In 2014 they held a 20th Anniversary for Spanish Springs, so 20 years earlier would make it 1994. So TV Sun is wrong with that one.

With regard to Brownwood area no new homes were built until 2011, I went to the first open house in August 2011 on Braddy Ct in Sanibel. The square had some buildings go up in 2012 but activities didn't really kick into gear until the Florida Lottery Night with the Flamingos was held. I shot a video of that and uploaded it to youtube, that was March 9, 2013. The Sun estimated 7,000 people at the square that night. So 2012 they broke ground but nothing happened until 2013.

Flamingos Live at the Villages, Florida the Paddock Square 3/9/2013 - YouTube

With Lake Sumter Landing, I remember getting a lifestyle video of the new square, Lake Sumter Landing in 2007. Probably the same as Brownwood, it probably took a couple of years before there was much activity. I know I looked at a home in Tall Trees, which is the first village south of 466 and it was built in 2005. That's 2-1/2 miles north of LSL, I would think 2007 would be more realistic as far activities and stores rented.

Either way, these dates only go to show that a 4th Square is probably somewhere between 2025 and 2030.
  #15  
Old 01-20-2020, 01:31 AM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 3,660
Thanked 1,367 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
lol new square ... the developer still hasn't given villagers a way to get there by golf cart.. there's a bridge but no roads to get to it.. also when are championship golf courses and restaurants going to be built... TV used to put in ALL the infrastructure for a community before it was built.. now it's like all other developers we'll build you homes 1st and then give you your amenities a little at a time
A little misinformed aren't we? Championship golf courses and restaurants are NOT amenities. They are both private businesses.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, built, foreseeable, future, information

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.