Ticketed on I-75

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Default Ticketed on I-75

Even though the following occurred in the Atlanta area and is about a golf cart, I thought many of you Villagers would get a chuckle out of it.

Quote:
MARIETTA - A 16-year-old found out Thursday morning how difficult it is to elude police cruisers while roaring down Interstate 75 at about 10 mph in a golf cart.

Marietta Police spokeswoman Jenny Murphy said the golf cart was reported stolen from Madison at the Knolls apartment complex at 1675 Roswell Road. Shortly after, around 11 a.m., a police sergeant found the golf cart abandoned on the shoulder of I-75 southbound at the North Loop. As he was investigating, the male juvenile walked up, hopped in the cart and took off, Murphy said.

"I don't know if he came from the woods or what," Murphy said.

The sergeant followed the teen for about a mile until a second police cruiser arrived and stopped the kid by pulling in front of him.

At times, Murphy said, the juvenile ventured into the second lane over on the six-lane interstate.

"As you can imagine, this was a very dangerous situation for the suspect and traveling motorists," Murphy said.

"Luckily, the suspect had the sergeant behind him."

The teen was taken into custody without incident and transferred to the juvenile holding facility.

The teen's name is being withheld because of his age. He faces charges of felony theft, obstruction and operating a low-speed vehicle on a highway with a minimum speed of 35 mph.

Ohio, Philippines, South Korea, California, Illinois, Hawaii, Georgia (and a few others)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.