This Time Its More Like Ethel and Lucy

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Gold member
Default This Time Its More Like Ethel and Lucy

I just don't seem to be able to lead a humdrum life. Being new to TV, and simultaneously new to driving a golf cart, I discovered the hard way that it is not a good thing to drive from Buttonwood to Southern Trace mall, on a "low" battery. Good job my wonderful new friends from my neighborhood, had also driven alongsied when we travelled to our first Line Dance class together. Bless him, Bradley left me and his wife in my very dead cart, while he rode home to get his tow ropes. I might add, many other kind folks stopped to ask if we needed help as we sat in the shade and admired the parade of carts zipping along. Guess I learned a valuable lesson about checking engine lights, along with discovering how great my new friends are. Its still a wonderful day in TV.... Sandra
Old 06-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Gold member
Default emergency juice probably still in cart

Someone correct me if I have this wrong, but the Polaris cart salesman in TV told us (and this was not specific to Polaris carts) to wait a few minutes, put the switch on tow (I think this is what he said) and you will have enough juice left to go about 5 miles slowly, that your batteries don't really drain all the way down.

Good to know. Hope I don't have to try it, but am guessing it will happen sometime.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Someone correct me if I have this wrong, but the Polaris cart salesman in TV told us (and this was not specific to Polaris carts) to wait a few minutes, put the switch on tow (I think this is what he said) and you will have enough juice left to go about 5 miles slowly, that your batteries don't really drain all the way down.

Good to know. Hope I don't have to try it, but am guessing it will happen sometime.
If you are in TOW you will not go anywhere. The TOW position is to disengage the electric motor so it does not try to turn when you are being towed. If you do not put it in TOW you could end up with a burnt out electric motor by the time you get home.

I was doing some work on my Club Cart one day and put it in TOW mode. I forgot to put it back. When I went to play golf the next day, the cart just sat there when I put it in reverse or forward. I was in panic mode because I was going to be late. Then I remembered and put the TOW switch back to on and off I went!!.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.

Last edited by zcaveman; 06-09-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Gold member
Default Tow

Fortunately my friends already knew about the "tow" switch. Unfortunately for me, there was insufficient "juice" to get me and my cart up the steep hill through the tunnel beneath Buenavista. Despite having been on a strict diet and managing to lose many pounds, (thus not being a really heavy cargo) tha cart was unlike the little engine that could....
Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Gold member
Default so how exactly (please be specific)?

ok, so you think you run out of juice but need to get home. Do you turn it off first, switch it to tow or not (for how long) and then do you just turn it back on and switch to run, or what? Somehow, I knew I wouldn't remember it quite right.

Also, if you're gone for a couple of months or couple of weeks, I thought you were supposed to fully charge overnight, unplug the charger and switch to tow while you leave it for a period of time? Is that correct?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Gold member
Default bump

bump
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.