Time Management

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
One of the things I like best about retirement is the
freedom from the structure of work life, but that is just me!
When I worked a lot of things had to be done...
in retirement, especially in TV, pretty much nothing
really has to be done, or at a particular time!
I feel the same way. After years of being when, where, and why to be somewhere I don't believe I have to rush for anyone ever again. I get a kick watching some people who just can't relax.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I like the list idea. We're big on lists at our house--even lists of lists that need to be listed. Our biggest problem is remembering what day of the week it is. I want one of those clocks that tells you the day instead of the time, and I'm going to hang it in the hallway above the dog's dish so I'll see it twice a day. Whenever we do things out of their regular time, (pickleball on this day instead of that for some reason, etc.) we're totally out of sync with what day of the week it is.

We spend a lot of time planning things--events, travel, and more travel. Half the fun is the planning. Sometimes I find myself with nothing to do, but there's always something to do; it's just things I don't want to do. (Cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping out the garage, weeding...)

I loved my job, but I do enjoy not working. My husband signed up to mentor small businessmen through SCORE, an arm of the SBA. This keeps the "work" side of himself satisfied.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

the transition for me was easy. I just maintained the same essential structure and just substituted activities. In part it has to do with having good time management skills in the first place. i do, my wife does not so a part of my plan everyday is keeping her on time
As we say here I'm her clock and she's my compass because I am directionally challenged;albeit I got TV down pat
Our days are busier than we desire sometimes.

I do honestly miss working and had I not a medical issue back then I would have never retired. Ironically I'm healthier today then i was back when I retired.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-17-2017, 10:35 AM

I think I will try to get all my e-mails read, bills paid, mail handled first thing in the morning. I will then feel as though I have accomplished something for the day. It is still a bit difficult for me to relax during the day without feeling a little bit out of sorts. It comes from all those years of having to be productive every minute of the day. I think that it will be easier once I actually move to The Villages, as there will be so many fun activities to do. I can't wait.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:04 AM

I retired from my job two months with intentions to be moving to the Villages after my son gets married in April. I thought I was ready, but I was wrong. I mainly left my job to keep the good benefits I have which might be changing with a new contract. The current contract is expiring this month.

I will be 60 in FEb. My husband is 69 and has been retired for quite awhile and never had a problem. I have a part time job now and if we go not get to the Villages, I will go back to work full time.

Tags
time, day, love, paying, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.