Time to restrict visitors & guests

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2020, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
Wow, that's draconian but rather necessary. The notice shows

"Beginning at 2:00 p.m., checkpoints will be established at entry points to Dare County and no visitors will be allowed access. Permanent residents, non-resident property owners and non-resident employees of Dare County businesses may review entry guidelines at Entry | Dare County, NC. Reentry permits from previous years will not be accepted. Staff is working to activate the online permitting system by 1:00 p.m. "

Being from North Carolina, and have visited the Outer Banks many times, Dare County has always been a close community with residents tracing their ancestry back to the 17th century. Many full-time residents are extremely providential and proud of it.

I understand their concern, particularly the impact on their infrastructure.

IMO, this is just a start of a necessary trend in "protecting our own".
Yes, IT IS Draconian
No, it probably isn't Necessary

Question---Does a COUNTY have the authority to do this? What if they are closing off a STATE highway? What about a US highway or Interstate? Aren't they in essence turning a roadway that is paid for by state or federal taxpayers into a private road for that county's citizens. Probably doesn't matter---by the time it gets litigated, COVID-19 will be a distant memory
Old 03-18-2020, 07:51 AM

Build a BUBBLE
Old 03-18-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Do we really need "the management" to decide what we and our families should do to remain safe? News Flash, some residents here in The Villages are pretty sharp mentally, still.
And some are not! Guess don’t get out much?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:21 AM

TV should consider cancelling the kids camp ... especially since the rec centers are closed for all indoor activities.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
C'mon this is a typical sign of over the top panic. I really think stop watching all the mass hysteria that is going on and really " Get a Grip " on reality.

Honestly certainly take precautions but going way over the top is really being overly " Dramatic" .
Exactly!
Old 03-18-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsyburnsy View Post
Unfortunately, without the government stepping in, people just won't voluntarily follow CDC guidelines. Just look at Florida's beaches right now. Packed and no social distancing at all. Gov. refuses to order beaches closed. Puts us all at risk.
Could it be that Florida values its tourist dollars more than the health of it’s residents?
Old 03-18-2020, 09:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Schools out & lots of people intend to visit their parents for a low cost vacation in TV, tell everyone from out of the area to stay away from TV--it might be the most expensive visit ever--they may not have any symptoms, but they've not been tested & children are not that hygiene savy
If I read it correctly, the OP suggested that Villagers tell visitors not to come. OP did NOT suggest any draconian measures, and again, I agree with OP.

What, may I ask, would visitors do? Maybe swimming, golfing, and walking. Minimal restaurant/entertainment opportunities.

Are they incubating germs without symptoms (yet)?

This morning, I went to Quest for a blood test. A woman was there with her teen aged son, who sneezed into his hand, wiped his hand on his shirt, then held his face in his hand while he read his iPhone. I am making the assumption that they live in the area and not visiting. The behavior is bad enough without compounding the problem by allowing visitors to come down here.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
Could it be that Florida values its tourist dollars more than the health of it’s residents?
Yep. That's why they're spending hundreds of millions to combat this virus.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:36 AM

Sadly we do need some restrictions here, some folk do what they like all the time, regardless of their agreement to toe the line when they live here. Its about "attitude" . That does not help in such times as these. I am sure this will not be the last "VIRUS" like this.... with over medicating every sniffle and ache, the bugs are eating it up and becoming more immune each year. Time to re-think this.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:40 AM

Glad I walked out of Quest then at 8am this morning, i wanted to make an apt told go on line and make it. I dont use the computer, well you have to make it on line...... Dont think I will go back......
Old 03-18-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenick View Post
We are the largest 55 and over community in the world. The state should take steps to protect us the same way it is taking action to protect nursing homes before we turn into little Italy.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Glad I walked out of Quest then at 8am this morning, i wanted to make an apt told go on line and make it. I dont use the computer, well you have to make it on line...... Dont think I will go back......
....and yet here you are online!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes, IT IS Draconian
No, it probably isn't Necessary

Question---Does a COUNTY have the authority to do this? What if they are closing off a STATE highway? What about a US highway or Interstate? Aren't they in essence turning a roadway that is paid for by state or federal taxpayers into a private road for that county's citizens. Probably doesn't matter---by the time it gets litigated, COVID-19 will be a distant memory
Golfing Eagles, I've noticed your posts consist of an excess of common sense and critical thinking. Speaking as a wanna-be forum moderator, I'm going to have to ask you to limit your postings immediately

Fred
Old 03-18-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenick View Post
Dare county in NC has the right idea. Check it out.

Dare County News | Dare County, NC
I wish them luck with that! I applaud them for their efforts, but??
Old 03-18-2020, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
It's time you get used to this. If you have a tablet, or a smartphone, you can make your appointment on either of those. If you don't, you can log in on public computers (though they are not trustworthy with your personal information, but that is your choice to reject the 20th and 21st century technology).
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, expensive, ever--they, symptoms, tested

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.