Time to restrict visitors & guests

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
I don't think they know enough to state that you become immune after being exposed. A good percentage of seasonal colds are due to coronaviruses and obviously you don't develop immunity to those.

If we don't develop immunity - that would simply add to the challenges of this virus.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Your immune system kicks in to combat the common cold viruses. Immunity is the result for that one specific virus. There are MANY common cold corona viruses that attack us humans. Personally, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have had a common cold in all my 70 years. I've never had the flu. I guess my immune system has kept me safe all these years. Just hope it is still up to snuff to combat this new virus out there.

This article may help to explain about developing immunity to the common cold corona viruses.........

How Your Immune System Reacts to the Common Cold

Not disputing your posts but, respectfully, are you a medical professional?
Old 03-21-2020, 07:13 PM

luv number 10 GI, my family can visit any time , we can follow common sense guidelines .
Old 03-23-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Do we really need "the management" to decide what we and our families should do to remain safe? News Flash, some residents here in The Villages are pretty sharp mentally, still.
Why would anyone want to come visit TV when everything including, movie theaters,
country clubs, restaurants, and swimming pools are all shut down? Please folks, give Gramma a break.........
Old 03-23-2020, 06:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPenO View Post
Why would anyone want to come visit TV when everything including, movie theaters,
country clubs, restaurants, and swimming pools are all shut down? Please folks, give Gramma a break.........
That's was what I meant. I should have been clearer. I agree with you 100%
Old 03-23-2020, 06:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes, IT IS Draconian
No, it probably isn't Necessary

Question---Does a COUNTY have the authority to do this? What if they are closing off a STATE highway? What about a US highway or Interstate? Aren't they in essence turning a roadway that is paid for by state or federal taxpayers into a private road for that county's citizens. Probably doesn't matter---by the time it gets litigated, COVID-19 will be a distant memory
They are in a state of emergency and do have the power. In that area, this is commonly done before and after hurricanes

Tags
visit, expensive, ever--they, symptoms, tested

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.