Tip question

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Location: We live in Conroe, Tx, 30 miles north of Houston, Tx.

Great post, nice reminder about tipping all others who provide service for us.

Last edited by jlstree; 12-12-2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Tried to include the post I was replying to, but it wouldn't let me.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
If I use a mobile groomer, which as many of you know, charge about $15 more for a dog than a regular groomer, and the person grooming owns the business, do I still tip also? I know years ago for hairdressers you didnt tip if it was the owner, but my sister who is a hairdresser said that no longer applies so I was wondering about dog grooming and tipping.
Don’t be such a cheapskate and tip accordingly !!!
Old 12-13-2019, 01:01 AM
Default No don't tip the owner. Employees of salons have to pay owners for space and so is i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
If I use a mobile groomer, which as many of you know, charge about $15 more for a dog than a regular groomer, and the person grooming owns the business, do I still tip also? I know years ago for hairdressers you didnt tip if it was the owner, but my sister who is a hairdresser said that no longer applies so I was wondering about dog grooming and tipping.
Don't tip an owner. It's pure profit, if they think its customary I'd say it's pure greed!
Old 12-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Default Tipping

I thought you should tip in an amount at least as much as the service. Since my groomer charges 45, I should tip at least that amount. Same with my lawn guy. He charges 70 so I tip at least that. If I were in the service industry, I would definitely want cash. You don’t know what perfume I wear or if I drink booze, so why would you give me that. Can you say re-gift?
Old 12-13-2019, 06:25 AM

You received a service. And a more personal one than going to a salon. Tip.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:02 AM

She's right
Old 12-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydles1 View Post
I thought you should tip in an amount at least as much as the service. Since my groomer charges 45, I should tip at least that amount. Same with my lawn guy. He charges 70 so I tip at least that. If I were in the service industry, I would definitely want cash. You don’t know what perfume I wear or if I drink booze, so why would you give me that. Can you say re-gift?
What would be the reasoning behind this? If you need to tip what equals the price then the problem is how much is charged in the first place. It used to be that a typical tip, not a holiday tip, was to guide the service person about how well they have served you. It is unfortunate that now the salaries of some services assume a tip. I feel these people should be paid a proper salary in the first place and not be reliant on varying degree of customers’ appreciation.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
What would be the reasoning behind this? If you need to tip what equals the price then the problem is how much is charged in the first place. It used to be that a typical tip, not a holiday tip, was to guide the service person about how well they have served you. It is unfortunate that now the salaries of some services assume a tip. I feel these people should be paid a proper salary in the first place and not be reliant on varying degree of customers’ appreciation.
The tipping of an amount equal to one service from the provider is for an annual holiday tip. I don't know when exactly it came about, but I've read about it for quite a few years.

I remember growing up that we tipped the paper boy and maybe the dry cleaner delivery man, at Christmas. Or maybe just the paper boy.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Oh, I understand, I thought it was for every service provided. Now, for holiday tipping that makes sense.
Closed Thread

Tags
tip, grooming, dog, groomer, owner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.