Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Toilet Paper Hoarding (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/toilet-paper-hoarding-304281/)

Mumbles 03-25-2020 09:50 AM

In a crisis such as this one, however, one has to prep with different rules. It is not good to collect one's entire prepped stash all in one store visit. One MUST be aware that others are just as deserving as oneself of preparing. This is not a competitive effort. If we are to curb more deaths, we must all unlock our senses of sympathy, empathy, and forgiveness, and follow the unspoken Smart Rules.

OhioBuckeye 03-25-2020 09:58 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflower1 (Post 1732654)
Went to Walmart on 466 at 8:30 this morning. No toilet paper. The employee told me that they get shipments every day, but the seniors come in as soon as they open up and buy up all the toilet paper and paper towels. Really? Let’s chill people and quit eating prunes if we must!

Who would ever thought Toilet Paper would of been the hottest thing in all stores. I guess everyone is scared S _ _ _less.

Fred2016 03-25-2020 10:01 AM

No toilet paper at Big Lots in Leesburg
Save your trip

Madelaine Amee 03-25-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jswirs (Post 1733055)
As I have said elsewhere, I refuse to be part or parcel to any of this mass hysteria. When I run out of TP I'll use cut up old cotton t shirts, which I have plenty of. No, I won't flush them, put them in a bucket of water, when enough accumulate rinse in utility tub and put in washer with some bleach. A bit messy? Yes, but much better than joining the "herd mentality". Painters rags are available at H.D. or Lowes. Just an idea I wanted to put out there. Each to their own.

Painters rags .... if push comes to shove, this actually is a great idea ............. you must have lived through a world war when necessity really was the mother of invention!

Bill1701 03-25-2020 10:25 AM

As someone else has said, 'On a good day old people are afraid of everything. Now we are seeing how they react to a fairly minor crises.'

EdFNJ 03-25-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye (Post 1733288)
Who would ever thought Toilet Paper would of been the hottest thing in all stores. I guess everyone is scared S _ _ _less.

If that was the case there would be no TP shortage. ;)

jswirs 03-25-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1733300)
Painters rags .... if push comes to shove, this actually is a great idea ............. you must have lived through a world war when necessity really was the mother of invention!

No, I was a General Contractor before moving down here, so I'm familiar with all materials necessary for home / commercial remodeling, and being innovative when necessary.

judithamorrison 03-25-2020 11:59 AM

I ordered tp from Amazon yesterday. Delivery date is April 21st and it's Prime! Normally 2 day shipping!

Bmjckp 03-25-2020 01:09 PM

OMG, you made my day!

Bmjckp 03-25-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 1733076)
What is this idiot behavior with TP hoarding?

COSTCO Toilet Paper
30 rolls
425 sheets per roll
12750 sheets per case
20 sheets per crap
637.5 craps per case
45.5 craps per day
So a person that grabs 4 Costco cases of TP and has a family
of 4 quarantined for the required 15 days, each one needs to crap
182 times a day to use up that much TP. Really people. Has
everyone been taking idiot pills?

OMG, this made my day!

TexaninVA 03-25-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

A great idea but probably not flushable & likelly to damage your sewer line. Same thing with Kleenex ... not good.

Chi-Town 03-25-2020 01:25 PM

Received my Ebay order. One week delivery.

eyc234 03-25-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 1733076)
What is this idiot behavior with TP hoarding?

COSTCO Toilet Paper
30 rolls
425 sheets per roll
12750 sheets per case
20 sheets per crap
637.5 craps per case
45.5 craps per day
So a person that grabs 4 Costco cases of TP and has a family
of 4 quarantined for the required 15 days, each one needs to crap
182 times a day to use up that much TP. Really people. Has
everyone been taking idiot pills?

:shocked: 20 sheets per c___!!! Raised in a military family, dad said 4 sheets per pull, max of 3 pulls, that is 12 sheets. Female part of family was a wadder and she constantly caught the wrath of TP priorities. Now she has kids and wants to know if they are eating it.

Two Bills 03-25-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Wife and I have.
Absolutely no toilet paper.
On many occasions, no food, and the shops totaly empty.
.................and we're still here!!

TexaninVA 03-25-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1733033)
Procter and Gamble is ramping up production of Charmin. The PA plant is working. There are 2200 employees there.

An idled GA plant is being brought back. Other US plants are in UT, CA, MO, and WI.

P&G is doing everything possible to protect the health of employees on the job. But who really knows where all this is going. Let’s hope no lives are lost because of selfish fellow-citizens who are obsessed with their own behinds.

This morning I was listening to Leonard Cohen on my iPod. (Yes. I still have it.) In his song “Democracy” Cohen writes about “America — the cradle of the best and worst.”

“Sail on, sail on
O mighty Ship of State
To the Shores of Need
Past the Reefs of Greed
Through the Squalls of Hate
Sail on, sail on, sail on, sail on.”

Maybe take a little time to look up the lyrics to “Democracy” and give it a listen — and some thought. Leonard Cohen was a poet for our time. What would he be writing now.

And what would Mr. Whipple think of this underbelly type of behavior over Charmin. (cringe, shudder)

Boomer

Pretty soon it's going to be a Bear market in toilet paper ...