Toilet Paper Hoarding

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 06:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

What is this idiot behavior with TP hoarding?

COSTCO Toilet Paper
30 rolls
425 sheets per roll
12750 sheets per case
20 sheets per crap
637.5 craps per case
45.5 craps per day
So a person that grabs 4 Costco cases of TP and has a family
of 4 quarantined for the required 15 days, each one needs to crap
182 times a day to use up that much TP. Really people. Has
everyone been taking idiot pills?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
Sam’s had a ton of TP yesterday. Could only buy one of each brand. Also a lot of paper towels
One of each brand? Again how many packages do people need?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:42 AM
Default Hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower1 View Post
Went to Walmart on 466 at 8:30 this morning. No toilet paper. The employee told me that they get shipments every day, but the seniors come in as soon as they open up and buy up all the toilet paper and paper towels. Really? Let’s chill people and quit eating prunes if we must!
I went to Publix yesterday morning. I arrived there at 6:40 AM and was in line ( about the 50th person) along with many others. When the doors opened at 7:00 AM there was a Publix employee standing at the door to ensure that other individuals arriving did not just walk into the store but had to get to the end of the line. When I entered the store I grabbed a carriage and headed right over to the paper products. There was a line of people with carriages waiting to get up the aisle. It moved along and I could see there were some paper products on the shelves. As I got about 3 carriages from the TP, I noticed several people coming around the corner who just jumped in and took the TP ahead of all of the others waiting in line. I spoke up to three of them and said there was a line. They didn't care and never responded just continued to take the TP and walked away. I think that Publix needs to have an employee standing on the aisle right next to the products that are most frequently being bought and ensure they don't cut the lines.

I know that there wasn't enough left on the shelves to accommodate the long line behind me, and part of that was because of the selfish and rude individuals who grabbed the TP ahead of others and left.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:51 AM

Yup, Amazon has tp. It is being shipped from China. It takes weeks to get here. We are still waiting for it.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:56 AM

I agree
Old 03-25-2020, 06:59 AM

Of all the things to hoard in a crisis, why toilet paper? You are not going to die if you do not wipe your butt with TP. There are other options, plus we still have water. If you have less food, you have fewer bowel movements. It is funny to me how in a crisis, everyone is out to save their own ass! My hiney's clean!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

calm down, the TP supply will catch up with the demand soon.....plus we all have limited storage

Now should anyone truly run out of TP, just remember "leaves of three, let them be"
Old 03-25-2020, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Supply does not always come out first thing in morning. Went to Sams early on monday and no tp. Heard later on it was put out about 11.

Strange how can goods and fruits and vegetables are plentiful but TP shortage? Good grief.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:51 AM
Default Seniors Toilet Paper Hoarding

It’s very simple. Every time somebody sneezes or coughs, 7 people crap their pants.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:06 AM

I still don't get the t p thing. please 'splane!
Old 03-25-2020, 09:06 AM

I wish that I could draw because I would love to draw a cartoon strip like this-
1st frame - elderly couple standing hunched over in line in front of a store at 6:00 am because they are too frail and susceptible to shop with younger people.
2nd frame - same couple walk out of the store upright and proud as a peacock with a 12 pack mega roll package of TP. In the background is a young mother with two children on each side of her telling the children not to worry, there will be some left by the time they go in.
3rd frame - same elderly couple at home, gramma handing some fresh baked cookies to her own grandchildren, grandpa in the background trying to close the closet door chock full of TP. And daughter saying to the children “aren’t grandma and grandpa nice”.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:23 AM

I know this is after the fact. But, as a survivor of Hurricane Katrina we took heed to what the survivalists were talking about. We began to buy extra soap, toilet paper, hand towels, etc. and stockpile some basic groceries. Over time you can build up a months worth (we have 3months) of items and having bought them on sale at that. The purchases made over time do not cause any financial hardship. On items which have expiration dates we write the date prominently with a marker. We also rotate our stock.
When an emergency strikes next time you will not be caught unprepared. That's why we are called preppers. Be prepared for next time. Also remember when in a crisis when seconds count help is only minutes/hours/days/months away.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amexsbow View Post
I know this is after the fact. But, as a survivor of Hurricane Katrina we took heed to what the survivalists were talking about. We began to buy extra soap, toilet paper, hand towels, etc. and stockpile some basic groceries. Over time you can build up a months worth (we have 3months) of items and having bought them on sale at that. The purchases made over time do not cause any financial hardship. On items which have expiration dates we write the date prominently with a marker. We also rotate our stock.
When an emergency strikes next time you will not be caught unprepared. That's why we are called preppers. Be prepared for next time. Also remember when in a crisis when seconds count help is only minutes/hours/days/months away.
Rotate your stock....does that mean you throw them away?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Default Not permitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower1 View Post
No toilet paper. The employee told me that they get shipments every day, but the seniors come in as soon as they open up and buy up all the toilet paper and paper towels.
Like Publix, let the store managers put up warning signs that a person can ONLY buy X number of rolls. That means the cashiers must ALSO obey that warning and tell customers if they are trying to get more than the permitted numbers.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 AM

You are SOOOO right. I experienced a minority of people, all older than I, who cut lines like they had a Permission Slip from God. I am ashamed of them, but they probably are panicked and/or have never played well with others.
Closed Thread

Tags
paper, toilet, prunes, buy, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.