Tony Danza at The Sharon

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Default Tony Danza at The Sharon

I’m sure you’ve all heard the phrase “you missed the boat”.Well, those of you who did not attend Tony Danza’s show last night at the Sharon missed it so big time! I always enjoyed Mr. Danza’s TV shows: Who’s the Boss and Taxi. However, I never realized the many talents this man possesses. Last night he treated us to a wonderful medley of song, dance, Hollywood stories and comedy. As a result, he received two standing ovations and heartfelt applause throughout his entire performance. As I left the Sharon the talk amongst the departing crowd was about how much everyone enjoyed the show. Then I heard the 8 o’clock show was canceled. Does anyone know why?
Old 10-07-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP721 View Post
I’m sure you’ve all heard the phrase “you missed the boat”.Well, those of you who did not attend Tony Danza’s show last night at the Sharon missed it so big time! I always enjoyed Mr. Danza’s TV shows: Who’s the Boss and Taxi. However, I never realized the many talents this man possesses. Last night he treated us to a wonderful medley of song, dance, Hollywood stories and comedy. As a result, he received two standing ovations and heartfelt applause throughout his entire performance. As I left the Sharon the talk amongst the departing crowd was about how much everyone enjoyed the show. Then I heard the 8 o’clock show was canceled. Does anyone know why?
My wife and I agree with you, Tony Danza gave us a wonderful and entertaining performance at the 5:00pm show at The Sharon yesterday.
However, it appeared to me that only about 60 to 70% of the seats were filled. I'm guessing the 8:00 show may have been canceled due to lack of ticket sales.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Low tickets sales..that’s not good! Hopefully Mr. Danza and his musicians as well as the staff at the staff at The Sharon realize how greatly appreciated the show was last night and not indicative of a desire for good entertainment at The Villages. I had previously planned to fly from New York tomorrow night but when I Learned that Tony Danza was going to be here the Saturday prior to my leaving I changed my tickets so I could see the show. It is my hope that the community at large supports such venues as I wouldn’t want to lose such a valuable asset such as The Sharon.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Mr. Danza was really good in "The Good Cop". Tony Danza - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 10-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We were just notified that the Kansas show we had purchased tickets for is cancelled. They offered a refund or tickets for the other show. I took the $270 refund. I looked at the availble seats for the other show and it is under 60% sold.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,392 Posts

It just depends on the performing star. Trace Adkins has about a dozen seats left...…………..
Old 10-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was going to buy two tickets to Kansas, but $250 plus fees, that's terrible. I saw them in 1995 for $20 with the original singer Steve Walsh, however he retired in 2013. The new singer is good, but when they don't have the original singer it seems to lose some of the luster. Kansas could of sold out two shows at the Savannah Center with tickets for $40.

I went to Savannah Center last April and saw Mickey Thomas & Starship for $40 and he put on two sold-out shows. Obviously the rent and other fees at the Sharon as causing acts to charge more than they are worth. The late Eddie Money was $104 a the Sharon last April and he barely sold half the seats, the same night the Village People with the original singer put on two sold-out shows at Savannah at $40 a ticket. The Savannah holds 840 seats, so two shows is a payday of about $65,000 for acts playing there.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Some shows should start off with one performance with the ability to add another one if demand calls for it.

Also, a same day discount ticket booth for shows that are not sold out we would be nice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2019, 04:51 PM
Veteran member

I went to the show and enjoyed it immensely. I never realized the extent of his talent. He has a beautiful voice. I left smiling and so uplifted. Well worth it.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Obviously the rent and other fees at the Sharon as causing acts to charge more than they are worth. The late Eddie Money was $104 a the Sharon last April and he barely sold half the seats, the same night the Village People with the original singer put on two sold-out shows at Savannah at $40 a ticket. The Savannah holds 840 seats, so two shows is a payday of about $65,000 for acts playing there.
That is not the way it works. The Villages Entertainment negotiate a fee they will pay each act and sign the contract with the act. The Villages Entertainment then rents the venue, provides what the group needs, advertises etc etc. In most cases, the entertainers will get paid the contracted amount regardless if 1 person shows up or the show is sold out. There are usually clauses where either party can cancel with no penalty until a certain date and then with penalties the closer they get to the performance date. The Villages entertainment is a for profit organization, all of the money collected does not go to the performers. For example of the 65000 dollar example you cite in your example the entertainers may have only received 15 or 20 thousand.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
...The Villages entertainment is a for profit organization, all of the money collected does not go to the performers. For example of the 65000 dollar example you cite in your example the entertainers may have only received 15 or 20 thousand.
The point was, it's better to get 50% of something than !00% of nothing.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
That is not the way it works. The Villages Entertainment negotiate a fee they will pay each act and sign the contract with the act. The Villages Entertainment then rents the venue, provides what the group needs, advertises etc etc. In most cases, the entertainers will get paid the contracted amount regardless if 1 person shows up or the show is sold out. There are usually clauses where either party can cancel with no penalty until a certain date and then with penalties the closer they get to the performance date. The Villages entertainment is a for profit organization, all of the money collected does not go to the performers. For example of the 65000 dollar example you cite in your example the entertainers may have only received 15 or 20 thousand.
Paul you negotiate a price for the venue, you pay for your advertisement, the lighting, the sound man and a percentage for the box office selling the tickets. What is left over goes to the booking agent who takes his cut. Then the performers get what's left over. The house doesn't lose. We have hosted shows as a fund raiser for our scholarship program Of the Opera Club. I can tell you for a fact this is how it works. Our next show is The three tenors plus one. On Feb 15th where we pay the performers, and the remainder goes into our scholarship fund. Hope to see you all there. Len & Mary
Closed Thread

Tags
show, sharon, danza’s, enjoyed, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.