Too close to home

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 01:52 PM
Default Too close to home

He has issued this for S FL until mid MAY!

Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida | TheHill
Old 03-30-2020, 01:57 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Hot Spots should be closed down.

We would be in much better shape if preemptive action was taken in places like the Northeast.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Hot Spots should be closed down.

We would be in much better shape if preemptive action was taken in places like the Northeast.
Could NOT agree more. Only we have the NE and the West now to be concerned about. I see serious potential for this decree by the Governor to be expanded as the need arises. GRATEFUL he is doing what he can. Checkpoints set up along Florida border in effort to limit spread of COVID-19 | wtsp.com
Old 03-30-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A pastor in Tampa held a Sunday service and packed house of 500 people attended. He's been arrested.

The Villages Florida

Tampa megachurch pastor arrested after leading packed services despite '''safer-at-home''' orders | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

The Villages Florida

Howard-Browne, 58, was taken into custody Monday afternoon in Hernando County, where he lives, and released 40 minutes later after posting a $500 bond.

Prior to the arrest, Chronister said, deputies had tried to speak to Howard-Browne on at least two separate occasions about the "dangerous environment" the church was creating. He said HCSO command staff went to the east Tampa church to speak to the pastor, but they were advised by church leaders and legal staff that Howard-Browne was refusing either to see them or to cancel the Sunday church services.

“I think it’s unfortunate that the pastor here is hiding behind the First Amendment," State Attorney Warren offered. "One, it’s absolutely clear that emergency orders like this are constitutional and valid. Second of all, leaders from our faith-based community across this country have embraced the importance of social distancing.”
Old 03-30-2020, 03:35 PM

I saw that...and then the next huge hotspot Louisiana does this! It is INSANE how people refuse to take this seriously. THIS after they tried to blame the Federal Gov for "not telling them to call of Mardi Gras!!!! Darwin Award winners one and all. Sure hope they are not around to continue to put innocent folks that need to venture out for food items at risk that are doing everything they can to remain safe.

I tried to volunteer to assist, but an old nurse in a wheelchair is not needed...at this point anyway.

Over 1,200 people attend Louisiana church service, defying coronavirus ban - CBS News
Old 04-01-2020, 06:40 PM

Sounds like Jim Jones. I’m surprised the didn’t pass around the kool aid. Crazy people.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

I wonder if this "pastor" was thinking about the collection plate when he held this service.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I wonder if this "pastor" was thinking about the collection plate when he held this service.
Last thing he said before they cuffed him....I don't wanna hear any change in the basket only folding monies!

You gotta be a true certified pinhead to not distance your bad self from others. Don't gimme any backtalk. Just do it you bunch of dopes. Think about someone other than yourself. We wanna live!
Closed Thread

Tags
close, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.