Too many in the house

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by parchiba49 View Post
Yes, 19+ can live here. So say, owners, 60, children 40, grands 20, all can live in the home. But I thought there was a limit to how many resident passes per house, though I may be wrong? 55+ communities retain that status as long as 80% of owners (only 1 is needed in the home) are 55. Supposed to be 30+ to use adult and sports pools.

It’s who on the deed. Had guy Bragging that they had 10 relatives on deed and all have village ID’s. All visit several times year and all on 1 amenity fee.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It’s who on the deed. Had guy Bragging that they had 10 relatives on deed and all have village ID’s. All visit several times year and all on 1 amenity fee.
When we bought our homes, only 4 people could be on the deed, with 4 resident passes. Guess passes can be any number. Did not have to be related. Guy bragging figured people might believe him.

Last edited by asianthree; 01-29-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:42 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14036 View Post
Anybody know where i can get a copy of the deed restrictions if that is what it is called. And is it true that you have to use certain contractors to do work on your home supplied. By tv
Hey 14036....to answer your question, it is not true that you have to use certain contractors to work on your home here. Be advised however, that like everywhere some contractors are great, and some are not and some good folks get taken advantage of. You would be wise to carefully check up on whoever you hire before you hire them. BTW, I'm from Batavia, and my sister lives in Corfu. Welcome!

Frank D'Angelo
Old 01-30-2020, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Maybe bragging guy, was full of crap.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:04 AM

You all drank the coolade when you bought here. Now you see how the rules can be bent. Short term renters do not contribute to a cohesive neighborhood.
It's all about the money. Seeing strange faces all the time is not what the plan was for the Villages IMOO. As for children living beyond the allotted time here, it's been going on for years with no end in sight. BUT!!!!! put the wrong lawn ornament in front of your house and get harassed for ever.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daystogo View Post
As for children living beyond the allotted time here, it's been going on for years with no end in sight.
I wouldn’t call 19yo a child. I know a few who have lived here with their parents for years. Some need assistance for parents, and some of the young adults are unable to care for themselves.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
You all drank the coolade when you bought here. Now you see how the rules can be bent. Short term renters do not contribute to a cohesive neighborhood.
It's all about the money. Seeing strange faces all the time is not what the plan was for the Villages IMOO. As for children living beyond the allotted time here, it's been going on for years with no end in sight. BUT!!!!! put the wrong lawn ornament in front of your house and get harassed for ever.
Funny that unhappy people like to say that to happy people. Like being happy is something wrong.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Think it's funny. Yes we all signed the restriction paper. I'll bet there are VERY few homes that truly comply with ALL the restrictions, does and don't on that piece of paper. But one person brings something up and BAM it hits the fan.There's a difference between living and visiting and sometimes as was stated by a few family situations change and I doubt very few wouldn't break a rule to help a family member out regardless of their age or how long they'll be here. JMO
Old 02-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Rules are bent no matter where you live and there are only 2 sections of TV where renters are not allowed, one section is in Fenney and not sure where the other is located so short term renters are everywhere in TV and most know that as they rented before they bought. You don't get harassed for having lawn ornaments, you are simply told to remove them and only if someone turns you in. You have to take the good with the bad no matter where you live, sometimes you have good neighbors and sometimes you don't, make the best of what you have.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
I see you joined TOTV last December.....is that when you moved in??
Old 02-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I see you joined TOTV last December.....is that when you moved in??
I noticed that also plus stated "you all drank the Coolade" not "we all drank the Coolade." Which also should be Kool-aid rather than Coolade.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Think it's funny. Yes we all signed the restriction paper. I'll bet there are VERY few homes that truly comply with ALL the restrictions, does and don't on that piece of paper. But one person brings something up and BAM it hits the fan.There's a difference between living and visiting and sometimes as was stated by a few family situations change and I doubt very few wouldn't break a rule to help a family member out regardless of their age or how long they'll be here. JMO
I believe that the majority of homes are in compliance.
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, reason, place, children, reasons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.