Golf question? sorry long!

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Golf question? sorry long!

A freind has spent the last 5 months rebuilding his home here in Ohio due to flood in August. He desperately needs a vacation and is an avid golfer. He is going to use my home in TV. He is coming in Feb.

Not being a golfer ( is that ok inTV?), I contacted the golf center. I was told that the best way for him to play lots of golf is to turn my pass in and pay the $50 fee because the courses are crowded now.

It was also suggested that he could just use my ID and PIN number. Questions:

1. Can he turn in my pass if I am not there?

2. How does the whole golf thing work as far as booking times?

3. A friend of ours lives in Spruce Creek. Can my friend invite SC friend to play in TV?

4. Costs of my friend to play TV and costs if SC friend allowed to play?

5. Is friend limited to certain courses?

6. Advantages of paying $50 fee?

Sorry, not being a golfer, I am unfamiliar with all the rules and regs! Just basically need all the help I can get! Thanks for any info!

Becky
Old 01-17-2008, 02:56 AM
Default Re: Golf question? sorry long!

#3 No on person from Stonecrest playing the 9 hole executive courses.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2b

Wrong answer - try again
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Becky
Way to many questions but here are a few answers ( I think)....He cannot use your ID and pin number......He cannot bring in guest from stone creek......He needs a letter from you stating that he is renting from you and take it to golf office..they will give him info of how to use the phone system to reserve a tee time.....If he uses your golf cart , is your trail fees paid up....If he rents a cart for his stay he will still have to pay green fees...Last I heard was $10.00 for executive courses and $45 to $60 on the championship courses....Here's the sticker...He has to have a guest pass issued here and requested by you .....Now this info may not be 100% correct but it will give you a start and someone will come on here in the next few days and make corrections to this blog....good luck , its a pain but it can be done.....

Fumar
Old 01-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Sage

Becky:

The Championship Courses in TV are open to the public (there are reduces rates for guests of residents).

The Executive Courses are for the use of residents and their guests. The guests can't live within a certain mileage from TV. If the guest stays close to TV (such as Spruce Creek, Stonecrest, etc) and has a out of area driver's license address, they can get visitor passes based on the out of area licenses and play on the executive courses as a guest.

Your Ohio friend could also play golf on the courses in Spruce Creek, Stonecrest, Spruce Creek South and many other local courses. They wouldn't be as inexpensive as the TV executive courses but are available. The el Campeon course in Howey in the Hills (30 minutes South of TV) is like playing golf in heaven!

http://www.missioninnresort.com/golf..._340/rates.htm

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
If they LIVE in Stonecrest they are not suppose to be able to play the Executive courses. If you know the answer is wrong why not give the answer not just a one liner.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:36 PM

Hi, Becky, I am curious as to where this person is from in Ohio. Two reasons I also enjoyed the flood in August and the clean up and remodeling that had to be done. Secondly I am renting in the Villages for Feb and March also driving down the end of this month. I will get a pass from the owner, comes with the rental and then an ID which will allow me to be identified along with my pic ID to be able to play the championship courses and the executive courses for a fee. My understanding is that as long as you have the ID for yourself approved by the owner then you can act as a resident.
I have asked alot of the same questions and got many answers.
If this person desires let them know another Buckeye will be heading that way end of Month. Good luck. Lynn
Old 01-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Veteran member

You better call the office for Golf and Country Club issues - (352) 753-3396.
On this site you'll get alot of information but it won't always be correct.
You can also submit your questions on line to the golf office at
http://www.golfthevillages.com/contactus.asp
Good Luck
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I recommend you call Property Management, they are at LSL, that is where you drop off your ID's, fill out a form regarding the people who are coming to use your home and pay the $50 fee at that time. When the guests get here they pick up their ID's at the sales office at LSL. Their number is 352-753-6216.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for all the info! Sounds like I will be making another round of calls! Sure can get complicated. Hope to become a fulltimer this summer.

DaisyLover, We are in Findlay, Ohio. Where are you?

Thanks again!

Becky
Old 01-18-2008, 04:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
If they LIVE in Stonecrest they are not suppose to be able to play the Executive courses. If you know the answer is wrong why not give the answer not just a one liner.

How about - If they live in Stonecrest (or Spruce Creek, Oakland Hills, Spruce Creek South, Lady Lake, Wildwood, Belleview, Harbor Hills, Leesburg etc, etc, etc, within X miles of TV ) and don't own or rent property in the Villages they can't play on the executive courses in TV.

(Also, the original #3 question was about someone who lives in Spruce Creek not Stonecrest)
Old 01-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca

How about - If they live in Stonecrest (or Spruce Creek, Oakland Hills, Spruce Creek South, Lady Lake, Wildwood, Belleview, Harbor Hills, Leesburg etc, etc, etc, within X miles of TV ) and don't own or rent property in the Villages they can't play on the executive courses in TV.

(Also, the original #3 question was about someone who lives in Spruce Creek not Stonecrest)
Thank you!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.