Tornado Warning Last Night

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2019, 08:42 AM

Yes, heavy wind/rain in Fenney area. But the tornadoes were miles away.
No where to seek shelter anyway.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We keep our phones turned off when we're sleeping. My tablet was on though, and I didn't receive anything on that. My tablet doesn't have cellular service so that might be why. It'd probably be great if the NWS could send local warnings like that through wifi notifications in addition to cellular notifications.
As having moved from tornado ally last year, we brought our NOAA weather radio with us. We programmed it for just our local county and works great. It also has battery backup so when the power goes out, you still are up-to-date on weather warning. From what I understand, they detected tornado rotation down by Bushnell heading NE so that is why the warning for Sumpter County. I strongly recommend that everyone get a NOAA weather radio. I think they can be bought at Lowe's for about $35.00
Old 12-15-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
My phone beeped at 4:45am last night with a tornado warning for "this area". It said to "immediately seek shelter". It was not a watch or anything. It was a warning of an immediate threat.

I checked the radar and there were some storms. And I stayed awake for a while just to be aware. But there didn't seem to be any really bad weather in our immediate area.

Anybody else get the warning or witness any really nasty weather?
My phone started at 3:48a and went off a total of 4 times before 4:30a with a tornado WARNING. No watch, straight to the warning. I got up to read the message however decided I needed to get our dog outside before it got worse (it stated it would last until 9a or 10a). I saw it wasn't even for our area after I got back inside however kept getting the alerts. By that time, we were wide awake... didn't go back to sleep! I appreciate the safety feature HOWEVER never seen a WARNING prior to a watch....
Old 12-15-2019, 10:42 AM

Flagler county hit by Tornado
Old 12-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We keep our phones turned off when we're sleeping. My tablet was on though, and I didn't receive anything on that. My tablet doesn't have cellular service so that might be why. It'd probably be great if the NWS could send local warnings like that through wifi notifications in addition to cellular notifications.
I think we went to the Fire Station to sign up for alerts years ago. But then I thought it switched to all phones in the areas affected would ring.

Neither of us heard the phone ring if it did for this Tornado warning or Strong Thunderstorm warning. I sometimes fall asleep with my Sony earphones on and my husband' sleeps so deep it takes a lot to awake him. (clean conscience)
Old 12-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

REALLY. I WAS IN GAINSVILLE AND HEARD THE WARNING AT THE HOTEL, bUT DIDN'T GET ANY TORNADOS. LOTS OF RAIN, THUNDER AND LIGHTING, BUT NO TORNADO.
Closed Thread

Tags
warning, tornado, area, weather, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.