Total patio villa redo

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
 
Old 01-01-2020, 03:17 PM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,580
Thanks: 251
Thanked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default Total patio villa redo

It is time for me to down size and have decided that a patio villa would be a good choice.


I want to totally replace almost everything, should it need it.

Windows, kitchen appliances, add four solar lights, a/c if needed, hot water heater, etc.

I wonder if any patio villa owner would share the costs if they have done any replacements.

I have not found one to buy yet, but would like to get some rough cost. Bathroom,kitchen, windows, etc.


I know that I could go shopping, but right now some estimates. Would help with my decision to move into my forever home, or stay where I am.

Thank you to anyone who might care to share.[
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
 
Old 01-01-2020, 04:24 PM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,121
Thanks: 452
Thanked 2,100 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Could be cheaper to buy a new one 'Down South!'
 
Old 01-01-2020, 04:37 PM
eweissenbach's Avatar
eweissenbach eweissenbach is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV
Posts: 4,346
Thanks: 66
Thanked 249 Times in 97 Posts
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Could be cheaper to buy a new one 'Down South!'
True and if the southern area appeals to you, the Patio Villas down there are largely a totally different species than those north of 44. I have been in dozens of them and many have separate golf car garages, some have two car garages, some have three bedrooms, and virtually all have inside utility areas and volume ceilings. Above 44 there were two PV plans, south of 44 there are a dozen or more. When you get inside they have the feel of a designer home which the old ones can never have.
__________________
Oldcoach Ed
"You cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails" "Be yourself - everyone else is taken"
 
Old 01-01-2020, 04:44 PM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,580
Thanks: 251
Thanked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default

I have lived in my home for 10 years and would like to stay in my neighborhood. Some of the courtyard villas down south are very different and beautiful though
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
 
Old 01-01-2020, 04:58 PM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,580
Thanks: 251
Thanked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
True and if the southern area appeals to you, the Patio Villas down there are largely a totally different species than those north of 44. I have been in dozens of them and many have separate golf car garages, some have two car garages, some have three bedrooms, and virtually all have inside utility areas and volume ceilings. Above 44 there were two PV plans, south of 44 there are a dozen or more. When you get inside they have the feel of a designer home which the old ones can never have.
Thanks, but you missed the word downsizing🤗. I am tired of messing with the pool, and other Maintence items. Hence the wanting to replace so all will last.
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
 
Old 01-01-2020, 05:04 PM
New Englander New Englander is online now
Gold member
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Massachusetts, Pinellas, Now Sanibel
Posts: 1,454
Thanks: 272
Thanked 659 Times in 207 Posts
Default

What about a newer Patio Villa that don't need re-doing?
__________________
Is this a great country or what?
 
Old 01-01-2020, 06:55 PM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia 2 Frogs
Posts: 6,890
Thanks: 18
Thanked 759 Times in 299 Posts
Default

As long as the home passes an inspection, As a seller if you wanted to replace item that did not be replaced, it would be on the buyer.
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
 
Old 01-01-2020, 10:55 PM
Toymeister's Avatar
Toymeister Toymeister is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 913
Thanks: 5
Thanked 572 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
It is time for me to down size and have decided that a patio villa would be a good choice.


I want to totally replace almost everything, should it need it.

Windows, kitchen appliances, add four solar lights, a/c if needed, hot water heater, etc.

I wonder if any patio villa owner would share the costs if they have done any replacements.

I have not found one to buy yet, but would like to get some rough cost. Bathroom,kitchen, windows, etc.


I know that I could go shopping, but right now some estimates. Would help with my decision to move into my forever home, or stay where I am.

Thank you to anyone who might care to share.[
The prices vary too much to give you an accurate estimate. Too much depends upon quality

Perhaps you can give us an idea of your goals, do you want to replace something before it's failure point or do you want to increase resale? Perhaps you want to make it more usable (kitchen).

Maybe you have 30,000 and want to know what you should fix mechanically first, and you want to know what you will have left.

You are close to end of life on the water heater, 850 and on the A/C 3,900. I would pass on the windows 7-9,000 and get the light tubes 2,500 roof is three years off 6000 (?). I hope others will chime in rather than give you unwanted advice about moving.

Last edited by Toymeister; 01-02-2020 at 04:18 AM.
 
Old 01-01-2020, 11:14 PM
ckcapaul ckcapaul is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Woodbury
Posts: 95
Thanks: 16
Thanked 52 Times in 25 Posts
Default

4 Solar tubes 2900.00
 
Old 01-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Mmarr Mmarr is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 79
Thanks: 160
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Watch the noise, bugs and distance to get a loaf of bread..
Golden circle is the place to be..
 
Old 01-02-2020, 08:15 AM
mepoole mepoole is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 24
Thanks: 3
Thanked 30 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I have a patio villa I’m considering selling. Interested? Located in Duval Easy golf cart ride to SS, Sumter, Brownwood.
 
Old 01-02-2020, 09:13 AM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,580
Thanks: 251
Thanked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
The prices vary too much to give you an accurate estimate. Too much depends upon quality

Perhaps you can give us an idea of your goals, do you want to replace something before it's failure point or do you want to increase resale? Perhaps you want to make it more usable (kitchen).

Maybe you have 30,000 and want to know what you should fix mechanically first, and you want to know what you will have left.

You are close to end of life on the water heater, 850 and on the A/C 3,900. I would pass on the windows 7-9,000 and get the light tubes 2,500 roof is three years off 6000 (?). I hope others will chime in rather than give you unwanted advice about moving.
t
Thanks, Toymeister. I would like to buy one that is in need of work. Obviously I would not replace appliances if not necessary. I would add sky lights, new carpet and tiles, and probably new windows. I have new windows in my home and like the sound blocking they provide. The roof, hot water heater and a/c would be done as needed, but would like to figure that into my cost.

Thanks so much for your reply.
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
 
Old 01-02-2020, 09:15 AM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,580
Thanks: 251
Thanked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcapaul View Post
4 Solar tubes 2900.00
Thanks!
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
 
Old 01-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Nursecasemanager Nursecasemanager is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We have a courtyard villa in The Village of Hadley for sale if you would be interested. Nothing to fix up. Mint condition. If interested, please call (716) 998-9479. Thank you.
 
Old 01-02-2020, 09:17 AM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,580
Thanks: 251
Thanked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepoole View Post
I have a patio villa I’m considering selling. Interested? Located in Duval Easy golf cart ride to SS, Sumter, Brownwood.
Thanks, but would like to stay in the area where I live now.
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
 

Tags
villa, patio, windows, shopping, bathroom, kitchen
Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.